Welcome, Kapamilya. Please or

Author Topic: The Voice of the Philippines: General Discussions (OT)  (Read 287095 times)

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
Re: The Voice of the Philippines: General Discussions (OT)
« Reply #225 on: April 16, 2013, 05:23:21 PM »
LEA BELIEVES IN SARAH'S CREDIBILITY

LEA Salonga says there have been offers before for her to participate in singing contests but her hectic sked didn’t allow it. For TV5, she agreed to only sing the theme song of “Kanta Pilipinas.” Now, she has agreed to be one a mentor in ABS-CBN’s “The Voice of the Philippines.”

“I really love the format of this show. I’ve been helped by a lot of mentors when I was young and it now allows me to pay it forward in passing on whatever knowledge I gained through the years to the new singers who’ll join it. I really moved mountains for me to be a part of the show and I’m  glad everything fell into place so it won’t conflict with my commitments in Japan and the U.S.”

She’s happy to be working with Sarah Geronimo, Bamboo and Apl de Ap as co-mentors. What can she say about Sarah doubting her own credibility as a mentor?

"I'd like to think that all of us are credible. Sarah started as a singer when she was 14 years old. So, she's been at this a long time and she's no neophyte. She's been at this longer than other people, so she should put her doubts away.”

As a coach, she’d be very candid in voicing her opinions. “Hindi ko aasukalin ang sasabihin ko. I’m not going to be insulting or purposefully hurt their feelings but I guess the one thing I can contribute is honesty to say the truth, yung katotohanan.”

In her Twits and her column, she’s always been very opinionated and she answers back to her bashers. “Some consider me a bitch kasi outspoken naman talaga ako. I don’t think bitchiness is the best approach in ‘The Voice’ but it really depends on what members of my team would need. But if someone’s getting to be too arrogant o mayabang, then they won’t like what I have to say as I’ll give it to them unfiltered. I don’t care if the audience would say I’m suplada. My priority naman is to help my team. It’s really about them. They’re the real stars here, not us mentors. I’d really push them hard as I believe it can help them when they go out into the real world, so they’d be strong enough to take whatever comes.”

At this point, someone wants to know if Sarah Geronimo would also be “mataray” as a mentor. “Curious ba kayo sa bitchy side ko?” she asks. To which Lea quips laughing: “She might out-bitch me!”

“Hindi naman ako mangongopya ng style ni Ms. Lea,” says Sarah. “Huwag naman. All I can offer is my sincerity, 'yung buong pusong pagtulong o pagbahagi ng anumang nalalaman ko that I got from my ten years in the business.”

|||◄+--------| TFC Godfather circa 2003 |--------+►|||

djbunny09

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 16, 2013, 06:06:37 PM »
Ang buong TEAM #TheVoicePH pumirma na ng kontrata for the show!!!

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #227 on: April 17, 2013, 12:26:20 AM »
apl.de.ap nagyayaya na uli ng date kay KC

Naging usap-usapan noon ang panliligaw ni apl.de.ap kay KC Concepcion. Itinigil lamang ng binata ang pagpapahiwatig sa aktres nang malaman na meron na itong kasintahan.

“Yeah, we had a dinner date with friends and stuff. She’s busy. I got busy. The timing didn’t just connect at that moment,” bungad ni apl.de.ap. “You never know what’s going to happen. But at least I got to know her a bit and we’re still friends. I’d love to hang out with her.”

Isang mensahe rin ang gustong iparating ng hiphop­ artist kay KC ngayon.

“What’s up KC? Sorry to hear what happened with your relationship. But enjoy yourself and you know it’s time to be single and have a good time and hang out with apl,” nakangiting paanyaya ng singer.

Samantala, isa si apl.de.ap sa magiging coach ng The Voice of the Philippines na malapit na ring magsimula sa ere. Makakasama ng international singer sina Lea Salonga, Bamboo, at Sarah Geronimo bilang mga coach sa nasabing reality show.

Reports from JAMES C. CANTOS

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #228 on: April 17, 2013, 12:48:26 AM »

HYY Hot Stuff choreographer Cathy Gallano

dudejca

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 17, 2013, 01:46:05 PM »
^Nice! Why is she there? They also worked for The X Factor-how ironic.

hanashima

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 17, 2013, 04:31:24 PM »

Oo nga bakit andiyan siya?

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #231 on: April 17, 2013, 07:27:05 PM »

Oo nga bakit andiyan siya?
I'll ask Cathy, maybe they'll have them perform? Although I wouldn't see the reason why though.

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #232 on: April 17, 2013, 07:27:37 PM »
Alex Gonzaga returns as a Kapamilya

By Karen Valeza | Yahoo! Southeast Asia Newsroom – 6 hours ago

Alex Gonzaga (NPPA Images)

Alex Gonzaga, younger sister of Toni Gonzaga, returned to ABS-CBN and reportedly signed a two-year contract with the Kapamilya network.

Read related story: What Makes Alex Gonzaga Happy Lately

After starting her showbiz career in ABS-CBN’s sitcom “Let’s Go” in 2006 and acted in the teleserye “My Girl” in 2008, Alex transferred to TV5 where she established her career. She starred in a number of Kapatid shows, such as “Enchanted Garden,” “P.S. I Love You,” “Babaeng Hampaslupa” and “Juicy.”

As a returning Kapamilya talent, Alex will co-host the reality show “The Voice of the Philippines,” together with Toni and Robi Domingo.

The official Twitter account of “The Voice of the Philippines” welcomed Alex on the show.

Star Magic also welcomed Alex in its official Twitter account. A photo posted by ABS-CBN reporter Marie Lozano showed Alex signing the contract with ABS-CBN  executives Charo Santos, Cory Vidanes, Johnny Manahan and Alex’s mother and manager Pinty Gonzaga looking on.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 07:31:58 PM by TFC Godfather »

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #233 on: April 17, 2013, 07:30:52 PM »
Alex Gonzaga magiging co-host sa “The Voice Philippines”

Posted by Kakulay Entertainment Blog ⋅ April 16, 2013

Sa pagbabalik ni Alex Gonzaga sa kapamilya network ang una nyang proyekto ay ang “The Voice Philippines”  ayon sa ByxBuzz magiging co-host sya sa nasabing reality program.

Makakasama ni Alex ang mga host na sina Robi Domingo at ang kanyang ate na si Toni Gonzaga nagsimula na din magtaping si Alex sa nagaganap na blind auditions nang The Voice Philippines sya ang makakasama ni Robi dahil busy ngayon sa taping si Toni sa kanyang upcoming movie under star cinema.

Sa mga hindi nakakaalam sanay na si Alex Gonzaga sa hosting matatandaan na ang kanyang unang programa sa kapatid network ay ang Juicy at ilang taon din ito umere.

For more Kakulay updates FOLLOW or LIKE  Kakulay Entertainment Blog  on  Facebook  and  Twitter and ADVERTISE with us email at ilovekakulay@mail.com

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #234 on: April 17, 2013, 07:35:39 PM »
Stage nang The Voice Vietnam at Philippines kinumpara, mas maliit ang PH version kaysa sa iba!

Posted by Kakulay Entertainment Blog ⋅ April 17, 2013

Nagaganap parin ngayon ang The Voice Philippines Blind Auditions na kung saan marami parin ang nagtatangkang makapasok sa bagong reality program ng abs-cbn.

Pero hindi pa nga nag-uumpisa umere ang The Voice Philippines ay maraming mga intriga kinakaharap ito ngayon una na dyan ang stage ng kanilang blind auditions na kung saan ikinumpara ng ilan ang stage ng version ng Vietnam.

Sa litratong kuha mas malaki ang stage nang The Voice Vietnam “blind auditions” kumpara sa The Voice Philippines kaya naman patuloy parin ito pinag-uusapan sa ibat-ibang mga social media.

Ang blind auditions ang isa sa mga highlights ng nasabing reality program  dahil habang kumakanta ang isang contestant ay nakatalikod naman ang mga judges at kanta lang nito ang pinakikinggan.

Kayo mga kakulay ano sa tingin ang may mas magandang stage sa dalawa ang The Voice Philippines o The Voice Vietnam.?

For more Kakulay updates FOLLOW or LIKE  Kakulay Entertainment Blog  on  Facebook  and  Twitter and ADVERTISE with us email at ilovekakulay@mail.com

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #235 on: April 18, 2013, 02:21:56 AM »
The Voice of the Philippines Live Shows Official Venue: Newport Performing Arts Theater

Posted on April 17, 2013 | 8:00 AM

All is set for the biggest singing competition on Philippine TV—The Voice of the Philippines. With top caliber local and international singers as coaches, the Philippine franchise of The Voice excites more with an even grander venue.

The official venue for the live shows of The Voice of the Philippines is Resorts World Manila's Newport Performing Arts Theater (NPAT), the best theater in the country to date.

Resorts World Manila's Newport Performing Arts Theater, the official venue of The Voice of the Philippines

Newport Performing Arts Theater is home to major productions such as Broadway musicals, concerts and pageants. The said theater can accommodate 1,500 people, has an exclusive VIP section and features state-of-the-art technology, lighting and sound system and also has the largest Euro LED wall ever built in the Philippines. The Euro LED wall is installed at the center of the stage, which serves as a backdrop for sceneries in 3D.

"With the biggest LED screen in Asia, 1,500 luxurious seats, two Euro-LED screens equipped with 3D effects, a complex fly system, a revolving stage, intelligent lights, a state-of-the-art digital audio mixer, and a vestibule designed by world-class sculptor Impy Pilapil, Resorts World Manila’s Newport Performing Arts Theater (NPAT) is undisputedly the best theater in the country to date," an article from Resorts World Manila said describing NPAT.

According to reports, Resorts World Manila will also be one of the sponsors of The Voice of the Philippines and the partnership will include the use of Newport Performing Arts Theater as live shows venue and one of RWM's  luxurious hotels as the official home of the contestants.

The Voice of the Philippines 'Blind Auditions' had already started taping and the show is slated to air June this year after the season 4 finale of Pilipinas Got Talent.

Hosted by Toni Gonzaga and with Robi Domingo as the social media correspondent, the highly anticipated singing competition will be determining the next singing superstars not with the looks and back stories but with The Voice. Choosing them are superstars in their own right—Bamboo, Sarah Geronimo, Lea Salonga and Apl De Ap.

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #236 on: April 18, 2013, 07:26:29 PM »
Alex, Toni shrug off sibling rivalry

ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 04/18/2013 1:24 PM | Updated as of 04/18/2013 1:24 PM

Alex Gonzaga back as Kapamilya. Photo from Marie Lozano, ABS-CBN News

MANILA – Returning Kapamilya talent Alex Gonzaga does not mind being compared to her older sister Toni Gonzaga now that they are set to work together as hosts of “The Voice of the Philippines.”

In an interview with ABS-CBN News on Wednesday, Alex explained that while she and Toni will both be hosting the show, the way they will execute their jobs will be different.

“What’s good naman po about ‘The Voice’ nung kinausap po nila ako, they told me naman po na I just have to be myself kasi doon naman po kami sa fun side ni Robi (Domingo) so hindi kami talaga 'yung serious like Ate. Masaya masaya lang kami. Kasi nakaka-tense ang show, so kami lang ang masaya ni Robi,” she said.

Shrugging off rumors of a rivalry, Alex said her sister even gives her tips on hosting.

“Minsan tinuturuan niya ako. Actually lagi niya akong pinagsasabihan, hindi niya ako tinuturuan. ‘Ganito ang gawin mo, huwag ka mag-choke, huwag kang ganyan.’ Parang may coach na rin ako sa hosting dahil sa kanya,” she said.

More than being concerned about how people will compare her to Toni, Alex said she is looking forward to be working with her sister for the first time.

“Dahil nga since magkatrabaho kami and isa kami ng dressing room, first time namin magkakatrabaho sa isang show so I’m very excited,” she said.

Aside from “The Voice,” Alex revealed that she will also be joining the gag show "Banana Nite," as well as a television series.

“Siyempre I’m looking forward na makatrabaho lahat ng Kapamilya artists, lahat talaga. Siyempre gusto ko mag-guest sa iba’t ibang shows na pinapanood ko lang noon. I’m really happy na may trabaho ako at winelcome ako ng ABS-CBN ulit,” she said.

Alex launched her showbiz career in 2006 with the sitcom "Let's Go" on ABS-CBN. She also appeared in the primetime series "My Girl" before leaving the Kapamilya network in 2008 for the No. 3 network TV5.

Toni: I’m proud of my sister

Meanwhile, Toni took the chance to clarify that she did not influence anyone to get Alex on “The Voice.”

“May proseso siyang pinagdaanan bago siya nakapasok dito. Baka isipin niyo, sinama ko. Hindi po iyon package deal,” she said.

Toni said she is just very proud and excited for her sister, who’s now being co-managed by Star Magic.

“Sobra akong excited kasi kung anuman ang ma-achieve niya, kung ano man ang mayroon siya, mayroon din ako dahil magshe-share kami. Dati ako lang lahat, ngayon share na kami. Hindi na siya hihingi sa akin,” Toni said.

“Masaya ako sa kung anuman ang makukuha niyang programa. I’m excited sa mga naka-line up sa kanya. Naniniwala naman ako na mayroon siyang kayang i-offer na hindi pa nao-offer ng iba,” she added.

Toni said she doesn’t mind if people compare them because “magkadugo naman kami and at the end of the day, iisang bahay lang kami tapos natutulog din kami sa iisang kama.”

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #237 on: April 18, 2013, 07:27:37 PM »
So apparently Cathy/Alex will be a partner of Robi during the Social Media correspondents portion and Toni is the main host. I'm good with that.

lacsi08

• Melason
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 18, 2013, 11:07:41 PM »

lacsi08

• Melason
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 18, 2013, 11:15:46 PM »

Those judges in red, hot seats

ABS-CBN may have just pulled off the most formidable lineup of judges for a reality talent show. Lea Salonga, Bamboo Mañalac, Sarah Geronimo and apl.de.ap are set to occupy the rotating red chairs for “The Voice of the Philippines,” which starts in June. This early, people are getting curious about these four industry bigshots’ judging and coaching styles.

If you follow Lea on social networking sites like Twitter (or her Backstory column in this section), you probably know that the internationally-acclaimed singer-actress can be brutally frank when expressing her opinions. She vows to be no different on the show. Expect no sugarcoating; Lea was molded by very exacting music mentors herself.

The ‘B’

In her own words at a recent press con: “I’m not going to insult or purposely hurt someone’s feelings just for effect or TV ratings. But the least I can do is be honest, point out what’s off and needs improving… That’s just the way I was coached when I was young. I know that if you can make it past a coach who was very hard on you, you’ll be strong enough when you go out into the real world.”

Asked if viewers should prepare to see her nasty side, Lea jested: “I’m already calling myself the bitch in the red chair!”

But in all seriousness, Lea said being sharp-tongued wasn’t the best way to mentor an aspiring singer. “But if they’re going to be unnecessarily conceited and arrogant, then they will get a talking, and they’re not going to like it,” she said.

“Miss Saigon” continued, unflinching: “They’re going to get it unfiltered and real. That’s what I can offer.”

True to his cool offstage demeanor, rocker Bamboo described himself a “benevolent dictator” who respects a fellow musician’s ideas. One of his strengths as an artist, he pointed out, is his ability to listen. “I’ll just see what direction the contestant wants to bring a particular song to, and I’ll be there to guide him/her. I will listen—that’s my rule,” he said.

The former Rivermaya frontman added that being a singer is not just about what happens onstage: “It’s not all about the music—it’s also about things that happen once the spotlights are off. You need to have discipline and virtues to live by.”

game changer

Will he be partial to rock singers like himself? “No,” he said. “I listen to a wide range of music genres. I will look for the best. I’m not looking for a rock star; I’m looking for a game changer.”

The youngest of the bunch, Sarah admitted that she was hesitant at first to accept the project, feeling she wasn’t experienced enough, and doubting her credibility as a mentor. In the end, she decided to be a part of someone else’s journey towards his or her dream.

Said Sarah: “Being with the likes of Ms Lea, Bamboo and apl is intimidating. You have no idea how hard my heart is pounding right now. But I’ll just look at the bright side and see this as a way of sharing with fellow dreamers what I’ve learned in my 10 years in the industry.”

To try and brush off Sarah’s insecurity, Lea defended her from naysayers who summarily dismissed the 24-year-old Kapamilya star as unworthy of sitting in the same panel with music stalwarts. “Sarah started when she was 14, so she’s no neophyte,” Lea noted. “She’s been in the biz longer than many other people have, and there shouldn’t be any doubts about her credibility as a mentor.”

Sincere Sarah

She didn’t have Lea’s stunning resumé or apl’s album sales record, Sarah said, but she could offer her sincerity. “I am a product of a singing competition, so I know the process, and I will be able to relate to the contestants. I’m eager to share my experiences and learn from them as well,” she said.

Meanwhile, since The Black Eyed Peas is currently on a “creative hiatus,” its four members are free to mind their personal lives and pursue solo projects. Right now, for Fil-Am member Allan Pineda, a.k.a.  apl.de.ap, the focus is on a new album and being a coach on “The Voice PH.”

“It’s something new for me because I’ve never worked in television on a daily basis and I’m sure it’s going to be fun,” he said. “I’m excited to put my team together and start discovering amazing, up-and-coming Filipino talents. I may also find singers I can sign up with my own label, Jeepney Music.”

More than the signature swag he intends to bring onstage with every episode, apl promised to be truthful and constructive in giving criticisms. He’s not going to be just a music mentor, he said, but a life coach as well.

Living life

“I hope to explain how hard it is to make it in the music industry. The Black Eyed Peas wasn’t an overnight success; it took us a while to get to where we are. I’d like to share my experiences in doing shows, and the importance of saying no from time to time. I hope to be able to impart that it’s not just about the music, but also about life.”

Outside of this stint, is apl open to acting projects? The world-renowned hip-hop artist enthused: “Definitely! But I do need to get more Tagalog coaching. [If it happens] in the future, I want it to be in the Philippines.”

In “The Voice” blind auditions come June, the four coach-judges will duke it out in selecting contestants for their respective teams. Friendly competition is to be expected, they all agreed, but they’re all in the show for one reason: To give back by sharing all that they have learned.