Re: Michael Christian Martinez aka the sole Pinoy athlete and first southeast Asian figure skater
I have such high respect for this young man for the following reasons:
1. His goal is to qualify for the top 24.
- He was not there to win it. He knows his skills well - strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats aka SWOT. He said by getting in the top 24 he felt like a champion.
He was so consistent in not saying he was there to get any medals. He was there hoping to get qualified for the long programs. Unlike some athletes/players making long shot paasa remarks to the rest of sambayanang pilipino such as Sana manalo when they know well chances are slim.
So the comments of some pinoys "to go for gold" is so dumb to be quite honest.
2. He got in there by pursuing his passion for the sport despite all the difficulties.
3. He embraced all the pressure when he got it aka when he became uber popular hours leading to and after the short program and gave the perfs his all.
4. He is set to working towards improving himself, embracing all of his shortcomings not by choosing to be blind of them. His passion, determination, acceptance, honing his potentials, faith and humility is what makes him, to me, even from the very beginning, nothing less of a champion.
Congratulations, Michael. You are a beautiful person. Very admirable. So inspiring.
May you continue to shine. God bless.