Welcome, Kapamilya. Please or

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Topics - AnimeFan23

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1
Official Announcements / ABS-CBN Summer Station ID 2019 (OT)
« on: April 08, 2019, 11:53:37 AM »
SUMMER IS LOVE will launch this Sunday, April 21, 2019, during or right after the premiere of Idol Philippines.

2
Upcoming Teleseryes / Love Thy Woman (OT)
« on: April 08, 2019, 11:49:09 AM »
Talk about the upcoming teleserye under Dreamscape here.

3
K-pop star arrested for filming and sharing sex video
©ABS-CBN News (March 22, 2019)
https://news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/03/22/19/k-pop-star-arrested-for-filming-and-sharing-sex-video

SEOUL - K-pop star Jung Joon-young has been arrested, hours after he apologized for filming and distributing illicit sex videos, in a scandal that has rocked South Korea's entertainment industry.

The singer-songwriter last week admitted to filming himself having sex and sharing the footage without his partners' consent.

The videos of at least 10 women were shared through mobile chat rooms in 2015 with recipients including fellow K-pop star Seungri of BIGBANG.

The Seoul Central District Court issued the arrest warrant late Thursday, hours after Jung appeared at a hearing and apologized for committing "unforgivable crimes", the South's Yonhap news agency reported.

"I am sorry. I made a big and inexcusable mistake, and I admit my guilt," he said.

"I will live my days repenting for the sins."

Following the hearing, the 30-year-old was led away in handcuffs and taken to a police station to await the court's decision on the warrant.

Jung announced his retirement from the entertainment industry last week and two other male singers have also quit after admitting they watched the illicit videos.

South Korea has been battling a growing epidemic of so-called "molka", or spycam videos -- mostly of women, secretly filmed by men in schools, toilets and offices.

"Revenge porn" -- videos taken of sexual relations without the partner's consent -- is believed to be equally widespread.

Thousands of women protested in Seoul last year on several occasions against the videos as part of the country's growing #MeToo movement.

4
Sex, lies and video: K-pop world rocked by sex scandals
©ABS-CBN News (March 14, 2019)
https://news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/03/14/19/sex-lies-and-video-k-pop-world-rocked-by-sex-scandals

SEOUL -- South Korean police questioned two K-pop stars on Thursday as allegations of sex tapes, prostitutes and secret chat about rape rocked South Korea's music world and hit entertainment stocks.

The allegations against the boyish stars who epitomize an industry that has put South Korean pop culture on the global stage has triggered a blame game with accusations the business has neglected morality in the lust for fame and fortune.

Singer Lee Seung-hyun, 28, better known by the stage name Seungri, is suspected of paying for prostitutes for foreign businessmen to drum up investment in his business.

He denies any wrongdoing and said he would cooperate with a police investigation when he arrived at Seoul's Metropolitan Police Agency.

"I am sorry to the nation and everyone who has been hurt," Lee told reporters. He did not elaborate.

Police have said Lee, a member of the group Big Bang and nicknamed South Korea's "Great Gatsby" for his lavish lifestyle, is suspected of what is known as "sexual bribery."

Lee said on Monday he was leaving the entertainment industry to fight the accusations.

Another singer and television celebrity, Jung Joon-young, is also in trouble.

Jung admitted on Wednesday to having shared videos he secretly took while having sex with women. He appeared at the same police station earlier on Thursday to help police with an investigation into suspicions he distributed the videos.

Jung's agency, MAKEUS Entertainment, has terminated his contract and he has been barred from leaving the country while police question him.

Lawyers for Jung could not be reached for comment.

Lee and Jung were both members of online chat groups where secret sex tapes were shared, and men joked about drugging and raping women, according to the broadcaster SBS.

A third performer, Yong Jun-hyung, expressed remorse in a post on Instagram about watching a sex video shared by Jung, and making inappropriate comments on it.

"I was stupid," he said, while denying he made or shared any illegal recordings.

Yong's agency, Around US Entertainment, said he would quit the boyband Highlight "to prevent the group's reputation from being damaged."

K-pop had largely escaped scandals as South Korea's anti-sexual harassment #MeToo movement ensnared political, sports, and other figures.

But that's clearly changing.

'WALKING TIME BOMB'

Industry commentators have taken aim at the business managers, notorious for demanding the strictest of training regimes and controlling every aspect of young stars' lives.

The focus on finding the winning song and dance formula came at the cost of the performers' "moral education," said entertainment commentator Ha Jae-keun, adding that many companies covered up problems until it was too late.

"If the agencies do not give sufficient care to their stars, including education and stress management, they will end up raising walking time bombs," said another industry commentator, Kim Sung-soo.

The South Korean public is demanding action and selling shares in the industry.

A petition calling on the president to crack down on predatory and corrupt practices the scandals have exposed has gathered more than 200,000 signatures.

Shares of Lee's agency, YG Entertainment, fell more than 20 percent after his sex bribery scandal was first reported on Feb. 26, while shares of other top music companies have also taken hits.

YG said on Wednesday it would terminate Lee's contract at his request. A company source told Reuters the future of Big Bang as a group had not been decided.

But some fans are already walking away.

"What a scumbag. I am ashamed to say I used to be a Big Bang fan," said Jenny Eusden, an English teacher in South Korea.

"I just want people to know this is not OK."

Kaori Kuwabara, a 52-year-old Japanese fan of Big Bang, said YG Entertainment should explain.

"My friends told me that I should stop being a fan of K-pop," she said as she waited outside the company's office in Seoul, hoping to put her demand for answers to company officials.

5
Sex, lies and video: K-pop world rocked by sex scandals
©ABS-CBN News (March 14, 2019)
https://news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/03/14/19/sex-lies-and-video-k-pop-world-rocked-by-sex-scandals

SEOUL -- South Korean police questioned two K-pop stars on Thursday as allegations of sex tapes, prostitutes and secret chat about rape rocked South Korea's music world and hit entertainment stocks.

The allegations against the boyish stars who epitomize an industry that has put South Korean pop culture on the global stage has triggered a blame game with accusations the business has neglected morality in the lust for fame and fortune.

Singer Lee Seung-hyun, 28, better known by the stage name Seungri, is suspected of paying for prostitutes for foreign businessmen to drum up investment in his business.

He denies any wrongdoing and said he would cooperate with a police investigation when he arrived at Seoul's Metropolitan Police Agency.

"I am sorry to the nation and everyone who has been hurt," Lee told reporters. He did not elaborate.

Police have said Lee, a member of the group Big Bang and nicknamed South Korea's "Great Gatsby" for his lavish lifestyle, is suspected of what is known as "sexual bribery."

Lee said on Monday he was leaving the entertainment industry to fight the accusations.

Another singer and television celebrity, Jung Joon-young, is also in trouble.

Jung admitted on Wednesday to having shared videos he secretly took while having sex with women. He appeared at the same police station earlier on Thursday to help police with an investigation into suspicions he distributed the videos.

Jung's agency, MAKEUS Entertainment, has terminated his contract and he has been barred from leaving the country while police question him.

Lawyers for Jung could not be reached for comment.

Lee and Jung were both members of online chat groups where secret sex tapes were shared, and men joked about drugging and raping women, according to the broadcaster SBS.

A third performer, Yong Jun-hyung, expressed remorse in a post on Instagram about watching a sex video shared by Jung, and making inappropriate comments on it.

"I was stupid," he said, while denying he made or shared any illegal recordings.

Yong's agency, Around US Entertainment, said he would quit the boyband Highlight "to prevent the group's reputation from being damaged."

K-pop had largely escaped scandals as South Korea's anti-sexual harassment #MeToo movement ensnared political, sports, and other figures.

But that's clearly changing.

'WALKING TIME BOMB'

Industry commentators have taken aim at the business managers, notorious for demanding the strictest of training regimes and controlling every aspect of young stars' lives.

The focus on finding the winning song and dance formula came at the cost of the performers' "moral education," said entertainment commentator Ha Jae-keun, adding that many companies covered up problems until it was too late.

"If the agencies do not give sufficient care to their stars, including education and stress management, they will end up raising walking time bombs," said another industry commentator, Kim Sung-soo.

The South Korean public is demanding action and selling shares in the industry.

A petition calling on the president to crack down on predatory and corrupt practices the scandals have exposed has gathered more than 200,000 signatures.

Shares of Lee's agency, YG Entertainment, fell more than 20 percent after his sex bribery scandal was first reported on Feb. 26, while shares of other top music companies have also taken hits.

YG said on Wednesday it would terminate Lee's contract at his request. A company source told Reuters the future of Big Bang as a group had not been decided.

But some fans are already walking away.

"What a scumbag. I am ashamed to say I used to be a Big Bang fan," said Jenny Eusden, an English teacher in South Korea.

"I just want people to know this is not OK."

Kaori Kuwabara, a 52-year-old Japanese fan of Big Bang, said YG Entertainment should explain.

"My friends told me that I should stop being a fan of K-pop," she said as she waited outside the company's office in Seoul, hoping to put her demand for answers to company officials.

6
K-pop star arrested for filming and sharing sex video
©ABS-CBN News (March 22, 2019)
https://news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/03/22/19/k-pop-star-arrested-for-filming-and-sharing-sex-video

SEOUL - K-pop star Jung Joon-young has been arrested, hours after he apologized for filming and distributing illicit sex videos, in a scandal that has rocked South Korea's entertainment industry.

The singer-songwriter last week admitted to filming himself having sex and sharing the footage without his partners' consent.

The videos of at least 10 women were shared through mobile chat rooms in 2015 with recipients including fellow K-pop star Seungri of BIGBANG.

The Seoul Central District Court issued the arrest warrant late Thursday, hours after Jung appeared at a hearing and apologized for committing "unforgivable crimes", the South's Yonhap news agency reported.

"I am sorry. I made a big and inexcusable mistake, and I admit my guilt," he said.

"I will live my days repenting for the sins."

Following the hearing, the 30-year-old was led away in handcuffs and taken to a police station to await the court's decision on the warrant.

Jung announced his retirement from the entertainment industry last week and two other male singers have also quit after admitting they watched the illicit videos.

South Korea has been battling a growing epidemic of so-called "molka", or spycam videos -- mostly of women, secretly filmed by men in schools, toilets and offices.

"Revenge porn" -- videos taken of sexual relations without the partner's consent -- is believed to be equally widespread.

Thousands of women protested in Seoul last year on several occasions against the videos as part of the country's growing #MeToo movement.

7
Talk about Kim and Maja here.

8
Upcoming Teleseryes / Sino ang Maysala? (Mea Culpa) (OT)
« on: March 29, 2019, 09:22:28 PM »
Eric John Salut @ericjohnsalut (twitter)
An original Dreamscape concept, our version of How To Get Away With Murder and 13 Reasons Why and mala The Good Son, #SinoAngMaysala SOON!

9
Originally aired on YeY! Channel last 2018, My Hero Academia will replace One-Punch Man on Sunday mornings beginning April 7, 2019.

10
Angel Locsin is finally back on Primetime, only in 2019.

11
Fresh from YeY! channel, One Punch Man is the very first new Kapamilya show in 2019.

12
Upcoming Teleseryes / Ligaya (OT)
« on: December 28, 2018, 03:21:19 AM »
Talk about the upcoming Star Creatives teleserye here.

13
ABS-CBN inaugurates sound stages, aims for Hollywood-caliber production
©ABS-CBN News (December 12, 2018)
https://news.abs-cbn.com/business/12/12/18/abs-cbn-inaugurates-sound-stages-aims-for-hollywood-caliber-production




MANILA -- ABS-CBN on Wednesday opened its sound stages in a Manila suburb, kickstarting efforts to build a Hollywood-caliber production hub as it marked its 65th founding anniversary.

The brainchild of ABS-CBN chairman emeritus Eugenio "Gabby" Lopez III, the sound stages in San Jose del Monte, Bulacan will help the Philippines' largest media and entertainment network bring its content to international audiences and cut costs at the same time.

Lopez III graced the inauguration along with ABS-CBN president and CEO Carlo Katigbak, board member and former president and COO Freddie Garcia, board adviser, former president and CEO, and current chief creative officer Charo Santos-Concio, COO of broadcast Cory Vidanes, and Film Productions Inc managing director Olivia Lamasan, together with Bulacan Rep. Rida Robes, and San Jose del Monte Mayor Art Robes.

Aside from the sound stages, the production hub will also include back lots, production and post-production facilities and offices.

"Completing the sound stages represents a very major step for ABS-CBN in terms of our ability to create much better production. Through this we can show the world the best of the Filipino," said Lopez III.

"We want to bring ABS-CBN content to the international stage, and having a state-of-the-art facility and a world-class production team is a big step for us towards that direction and dream,” Katigbak said.

ABS-CBN chairman Mark Lopez added, “What I’m most proud of about this project is that we’re creating Hollywood-level sound stages which puts us at par with the rest of the world.”

Parallel to the construction, production and support teams for TV and film started a 3-year training to operate the sound stages both in Hollywood and in the Philippines.

The training, which involved 150 people, was designed by Manhattan Beach Studios, ABS-CBN Studios Inc. and ABS-CBN University.

The sound stages will host the upcoming teleserye “The Faithful Wife” and the much-anticipated “Darna” film in the second quarter of 2019.

The first phase of the production hub includes two 1,500-square meter sound stages with a floor to grid height of 30 feet, a breezeway with dressing rooms and various support rooms and the technical facilities in aid of production.

Sitting on 7.7 hectares of land, it also includes a visitor’s center, parking facilities, and support buildings equipped with solar panels.

The sound stages were inaugurated a few days shy of 50 years after the ABS-CBN Broadcast Center in Quezon City was inaugurated. It was considered the most advanced facility in Asia when it opened on Dec. 18, 1968.

14
Upcoming Teleseryes / The Faithful Wife (OT)
« on: December 12, 2018, 05:02:31 PM »
Talk about the upcoming teleserye here.

15
Upcoming Teleseryes / Iron Heart (OT)
« on: December 11, 2018, 01:41:17 PM »
Talk about the upcoming Star Creatives teleserye here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10