Welcome, Kapamilya. Please or

Author Topic: Princess and I (April 16, 2012 – February 1, 2013)  (Read 62487 times)

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
Re: Princess and I: General Discussions Thread (OT)
« Reply #405 on: January 15, 2013, 08:56:38 PM »
Kapuso Network's 'Indio' failed to beat rival programs in National TV ratings

Princess And I 30.2%
Ina Kapatid Anak (Night of Truth) 32.1%
Indio (Pilot) 18.6%

Data based on the overnight ratings of Kantar Media/TNS among Total Philippines (Urban & Rural) households January 14, 2013 (Monday).

|||◄+--------| TFC Godfather circa 2003 |--------+►|||

flamerounin

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 15, 2013, 09:55:52 PM »
tsk, mukhang finoreshadow na nila kung sinong karakter yung mamamatay sa ending a. ;)

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #407 on: January 18, 2013, 04:45:55 AM »
'Princess and I' is Now on Its Last 3 Weeks!

Published : 7:54 PM Author : Rocky

ABS-CBN’s royal teleserye “Princess and I,” which stars Kathryn Bernardo, Daniel Padilla, Enrique Gil, Khalil Ramos, Albert Martinez, and Gretchen Barretto, is now down to its last three weeks.  It will air its last episode on February 1 (Friday).

As part of the show’s grand celebration for its success and royal countdown to its finale,  the much awaited “Princess and I Royal Fair: Final Game" between Team Gino of Daniel and Team Jao of Enrique will finally happen this Sunday (January 20) at the SM Mall of Asia (MOA) Arena.

Aside from the whole cast, the royal basketball match will be graced by special guests including well known professional basketball players and University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP) cagers like Jeric Fortuna of University of Santo Tomas and Jeron Teng of De La Salle University who will play as guest players in the event.

Don't miss the last three weeks of "Princess and I," weeknights after "TV Patrol" on ABS-CBN Primetime Bida.(www.tvseriescraze.blogspot.com)

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #408 on: January 18, 2013, 04:46:14 AM »
tsk, mukhang finoreshadow na nila kung sinong karakter yung mamamatay sa ending a. ;)
Wait what happened?

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #409 on: January 18, 2013, 09:13:23 AM »

Jao meets his real father Priam!

flamerounin

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 18, 2013, 09:33:56 PM »
tsk, as i have feared. not that i don't like a mikay-gino ending per se. pero i wish it would have been developed more. kumbaga, they should have explored mikay's mindset more to let the audience understand that she is indeed falling for gino. kaso, they made her so vague and the development in their relationship is pretty much non-apparent, such that her admission becomes a headscratcher for most of the audience. gino's current character buildup and development also becomes pointless and shallow. and it also feels like an easy route to make jao the tragic villain.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:35:45 PM by flamerounin »

cesarcilla

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 18, 2013, 11:01:12 PM »
i didnt bother to watch the replay tonight after reading what happened in today's epsode...i wasnt a fan of this series until i saw jao and mikay's story. I thought it was a breath of fresh air to see something like this in a primetime teleserye...but after i saw the preview for next week's episode..knowing that mikay loved gino already, it just aggravated my disappointment. I also thought that it was unfair in Enrique's part that he was the leading man for this series and it seemed that the leading lady would end up with someone else simply because kathryn and daniel have more fans...

wala lang, nakakalungkot lang..usually kapag 2 weeks na lang ung teleserye, you would normally feel hungry of good scenes, good hopes of how the protagonists would solve everything but with how things were especially when migi scenes seemed to have been given more exposure -- initially i thought it was because of the movie--the story and mikay's character became weaker...nakakahinayang..for something that started so strong, the rating is probably retained as high not because of the quality of story but because the love team was catering to a bigger number of people who was after daniel...

hmmm..wala na akong ganang manuod..hindi naman ako malaking kawalan because i know marami paring magsusuport..pero nawala na ako ng drive na abangan sya after i saw the preview...im not a fan of any of the artists, im just a fan of the good story this teleserye has...akala ko it would be somewhat different from the usual filipino teleserye, hindi pa rin pala...sayang...and nafrustrate lang for ako kay enrique, this was supposed to be his break pero parang naagaw lang sa kanya dahil mas malakas ung group ni daniel..kung malakas naman ang kathniel baka pwedeng ibang teleserye na lang, sana naging fair lang kay enrique...nakakaaawa both si enrique and ung character nyang si jao...sobrang underdog na sila kahit sobrang ganda ng values na pinoportray nya..tapos lahat ng ginawa nya walang nakakakita pero lahat ng ginagawa ni gino laging highlighted...tapos ngayon ginawan ng paraan para maging obvious na hindi sya ung dapat pagtapusan ni mikay...the consistency of the story was lost, the love story became so confusing-at one point mikay was soo after uniting yangdon for jao, then she accepted gino's proposal initially so they can together search for a solution to the present political problem, the idea of unification of the country was totally out of the story, mikay lost her personality, jao was totally pushed back even further to give way for gino, now she loves gino and totally forgets about jao..im not against gino, if he was the person who was supposed to be with the princess from the very start, kung sa umpisa pa lang sya na ung prince na nakilala ni mikay sa yangdon ok lang...kaso sobrang nakakahinayang na the story was twisted for marketing purposes....
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 01:08:48 AM by cesarcilla »

juno

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 18, 2013, 11:17:39 PM »
agree ako dun sa sinabi ni cesarsilla... medyo disappointed pero nanonood parin naman ako...
hoping parin kasi ako sa jao mikay ending.....

kahit n next week sasabihin nya n mahal n nya si gino...

nagaabang parin ako sa pag-iba ng ihip ng hangin! baka sila ni jao ang
magkatuluyan sa huli.

sila kasi ang bagay sa palabas na toh.

standout7

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 19, 2013, 12:45:33 AM »
Disappointed but still hopeful! I truly wish that this monday's episode will bring in more light than confusion. So many questions left unanswered and now the teaser. It's just that, the confession does not resolve anything but the intense clamor of fans. I hope they will be able to pull this through in two weeks. I don't want to see this story end wastefully. I shout redemption and claim for a substantive ending, though it seems slim at this point. Isn't that what faith is all about?

Destiny22

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 19, 2013, 01:45:01 AM »
Repost lang..

DI KO PA NAPAPANOOD ang EPISODE ngayon PERO parang ayoko ko nang panuodin.. Kawawa naman ang mahal kong si Jao...

Ang gulu tlaga nila.. Nahahalatang pinagpipilitan si G e. Dapat kasi nung dati pa, pag may MIGI scene, dapat pinapatugtog na background song ay theme song "nag iisang bituin", mula noon hanggang ngayon at hindi HINAHANPA HANAP kita ni Daniel.. Parang..... ano lang e...

THEY ARE MAKING ME CRAZY! crazy like hell!
back to HYUNZY XD

true north

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 19, 2013, 02:28:16 AM »
Thoughts for next week's preview

After watching next week's preview, I felt both disappointed and hopeful.

Though areeyah did say the words na "Oo mahal ko na siya", somehow I felt it's merely a cover-up or a lie and there is still a chance for a jaomik ending no matter how slim it may be. Maybe I'm in denial but it is truly hard to believe that gino would be the one who ends up with areeyah.

Siguro maniniwala pa ako na migi ang ending kung walang scenes na kitang affected pa rin si areeyah kay jao or at least nasagot man lang ni areeyah yung tanong ni gino na kung kaya ba niya mahalin siya ng buong buo. Kung migi ang ending dapat sana pinakita na lang nila na linamon na talaga si jao ng galit niya at wala na yung scenes na nakikita pa rin yung dating jao na nagmamalasakit pa rin kay areeyah. Or kaya wala yung scenes na si gino mismo napapansin na si jao pa rin ang iniisip ni areeyah at hindi niya na kailangan pa umabot sa puntong ipagtatabuyan niya pa si areeyah para maging malaya siya. Looking back at those episodes, it doesn't make sense na migi ang ending.

Why will the writers go for all that trouble for when they could have just shown us how areeyah essentially gotten over jao and be happy with gino?instead all I saw was how areeyah was still affected by jao's return to her life, how jao still cares for areeyah though he has a weird way of showing it and how gino despite all his efforts felt that it is still not enough for areeyah to love him back. Those scenes just don't add up to the scenes for next week's preview...In my point of view, areeyah still loves jao and though she tried so hard to love gino back, gino is still not jao and gino felt it that's why he got hurt. He has finally realized that it time to stop all those pretends.

So overall, though I love to see a jaomik ending, a migi ending wouldn't hurt if the story was actually rooting for that direction. Two weeks is a short time for a believable migi ending. That's all I'm saying...   

ewan

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 19, 2013, 04:32:36 AM »
People.. I think so Gino talaga ang plano nila ever since the start para san pa yung mga hints nila of "hindi importante kung sino ang nauna ang importante ay kung sino ang kasama niya sa huli". Thats been the hint ever since the start. However, disappointed din ako na ginagawa nilang kontrabida si Jao. The thing is, it should be a light hearted drama so hindi pwede na may malungkot sa huli, isipin nyo si Jao pwede maging hari, eh si Gino? Kung wala syang Mikay, pano na sya? I think Jao should be king and Mikay and Gino should be together...  ;D

castor

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 19, 2013, 02:01:23 PM »
haizz!!!! sa wakas nakapag register din!!!! heheh!!!. although, disappointed me i still hope na my pag asa pa ang jaomik........look 4 the brighter side guyz......wala pa silang closure...esp. sa manipulation ni ashi or kung sino man (yung WRITER ata'?!! = ).......say ko lng......whoever the endgame is, sana ma justify nila.....hindi yung biglaan, considering na 2 weeks na lng.........ayoko ng open ending.....mas lalo na ang double end....tsk...tsk...!!!!

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #418 on: January 19, 2013, 06:36:24 PM »
Enrique gusto munang magpahinga!

SHOWBIZ NEWS NOW NA! Ni Boy Abunda (Pilipino Star Ngayon) | Updated January 17, 2013

Nalalapit na ang pagtatapos ng teleseryeng Princess And I kung saan isa si Enrique Gil sa mga bida rito.

Masaya ang aktor dahil naging bahagi siya ng nasabing proyekto. Marami raw siyang natutunan lalo na pagdating sa pag-arte. “Masaya, hindi mo nano-notice kapag ginagawa mo pero after a while, ‘di mo pa alam na okay ‘yung ginagawa mo. ‘Yung mga tao nahuhusayan sa ginagawa mo, kapag hindi mo hinusayan parang ‘di mo ina-appreciate ‘yung trust sa ‘yo, so ‘yun bigay mo na lahat,” nakangiting pahayag ni Enrique.

Naniniwala raw ang binata na naging mahusay na siyang aktor ngayon dahil sa kanyang ginagawang serye. “I’m constantly learning. You always learn. You cannot stop learning kahit sobrang tagal mo na, kahit beterano each time they act, you learn. Imposible ‘yung alam mo na lahat. Hindi mangyayari ‘yon,” paliwanag ni Enrique.

Isang drama project daw ang nakatakdang gawin ng aktor pagkatapos ng kanilang serye. Ayon kay Enrique ay gusto na raw muna niyang makapagbakasyon bago muling sumabak sa isang bagong proyekto.

flamerounin

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 19, 2013, 10:43:01 PM »
one thing that bothers me with regards to the development sa preview is how they seem to gloss over or turn a blind eye sa past lapses ni gino, particularly sa infamous "kuwerto" scene (which he was never held accountable for). what does that mean, mikay now loves gino despite all of those things? that's pretty disturbing kasi it's as if they are implying that mikay is willing to enter a potentially abusive relationship just because she now loves the guy.

tsk, malamang mag-field day ang mga peminista sa isang to.