Welcome, Kapamilya. Please or

Author Topic: Princess and I (April 16, 2012 – February 1, 2013)  (Read 78636 times)

b!@tch

• View Profile
Re: Princess and I (OT)
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2012, 10:46:14 AM »

'kapanahunan na naman ng paglalambingan...'

bago na pala ang ebs forum.kaya naman pala di na makapasok sa dati.
ninong,pakidagdagan naman ang emoticons,please. ;D

MilesAway

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2012, 12:13:32 PM »
Can somebody tell who will win mikay's heart in the end? is it jao or gino?

Sit back and relax...we will find out soon enough...IF there is really an endgame  :)

Maniwala sa Magic ng Pagibig

MilesAway

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2012, 12:14:39 PM »
Hi Everyone!  ;)

#TeamMIGI - Nice to see you guys here!  ;D

Alright, so for my first contribution to the thread.. Let me share with you a piece of my #hopia given the current saksak-puso plot events in #PrincessandI. Here it goes..

The notion of duality, the contrast between first and last, the marriage of choice and fate, the distinction of ideal versus real. I would like to believe they are meant to govern the long-winded story of love which has drawn huge audiences to the show since the start.

Allow me go back to that highly-anticipated 'First and Last Dance' episode which transpired during Mikay-as-Areeya's 17th birthday celebration in the Philippines and how I think it is a microcosm of the grand play of choices that we are seeing the Princess carry out today.

On that night, when Anand announced his daughter's "faux" readiness to deal with the sacred Yangdonese tradition of the "first" dance (on top of its much-hyped essence), we saw the cloud of struggle and reluctance that immediately enveloped her. She was obviously not ready to choose. She treaded anxiously. She first walked towards her commoner-prince, paused mid-way as she panned next to Jao, then she turned her gaze back to Gino when she heard a haughty voice saying:

"Ang isang Yangdonese, dapat piliin ang isang Yangdonese. She should pick Jao, otherwise, wala syang respeto sa tradition natin."

Overbearing expectations. The recent tide of serious events in Yangdon freed Areeya but buried Mikay in imprisonment throughout the process. The latter knew it was never going to be smooth and ordinal. No guarantee of patience. That even the King could stand powerless against the beauraucracy notwithstanding the level of stakes involved. Hence, the resignation. Mikay's sense of self was lost and Areeya's decisions have become a function of what's good for Yangdon with far less regard on what she truly deeply yearns for. I can't even say the princess is capable of an earnest introspection at this point. She appears to be utterly consumed by her responsibilities at the moment.

Areeya to Vicky: "Pano ba naman kasi hindi pipiliin ate yung alam mong tama at karapat-dapat? Si Jao, alam kong mahal nya ang Yangdon. Kaya pagsisilbihan nya ito ng buong puso. At saka, hindi naman ito sa kung ano ang nasa pakiramdam ko eh. Ang mas importante eh kung ano ang mas magpapasaya sa mga taga Yangdon."

Back to that night, like how she was steered by Behati's lines. She deviated from what seemed to be an obvious path. She turned to Jao (after leaving a meaningful smile to her commoner-prince) and fetched him for her first dance...

Sure, Areeya's acceptance of pagtatakda was not purely a product of Yangdon's expectations. Her smiles seem to suggest the decision is accompanied by something else. Something special. A special feeling.. but one that for me is nothing more than a great deal of admiration. LOVE simply cannot be justified by sheer exchange of origami and letters, or of words and cliches. The heart sees beyond all that. And there was no flashback nor a memory-driven evaluation to highlight that the princess has dug deep thru her heart to come up with her one and TRUE choice.

Again, on that night, when Mikay and Jao gestured themselves so perfectly at the floor center, clasped their hands together as they prepare to perform their well-rehearsed set of choreography, they went on to their first dance. The people were happy. The background music played with royal flair. There was a flashback of moments they both shared. It looked special.

The said dynamics of the first dance reflect on Areeya's choice and seeming complacency right now from a macro-level perspective. She is willing to go through the royal engagement on cerebral tones. All of Yangdon are rejoicing over Jao's victory. The stretch of poetry-filled conversations. One element is left for us to see.

The flashback. It has not rolled yet and when it does I hope it delivers a stinging realization. That what seems to be the right choice is never the true choice. Once this arc is done, I hope Areeya will finally be one with Mikay, be able to tap into the true sense of her heart and be driven to FIGHT for the person it is BOUND to reveal.

And as one final reference to that night, when the first dance was through, Mikay made a quirky scene to voice out a bold but heartfelt intention. It was risky. It was in a way a sacrifice. It was all her doing. She was set to almost embarass herself, but she insisted.. Why? Because at that moment, she just knew she had to have HER LAST DANCE.

"Hindi importante kung sino ang kasama mo sa simula. Ang importante eh yung kasama mo sa ending."

:)

Very well said idol..welcome here.. :)

MilesAway

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2012, 12:16:47 PM »

'kapanahunan na naman ng paglalambingan...'

bago na pala ang ebs forum.kaya naman pala di na makapasok sa dati.
ninong,pakidagdagan naman ang emoticons,please. ;D

hahaha..hindi na sila gumagalaw ngayon..

nicadrienne

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2012, 01:42:45 PM »
Hi Everyone!  ;)

#TeamMIGI - Nice to see you guys here!  ;D

Alright, so for my first contribution to the thread.. Let me share with you a piece of my #hopia given the current saksak-puso plot events in #PrincessandI. Here it goes..

The notion of duality, the contrast between first and last, the marriage of choice and fate, the distinction of ideal versus real. I would like to believe they are meant to govern the long-winded story of love which has drawn huge audiences to the show since the start.

Allow me go back to that highly-anticipated 'First and Last Dance' episode which transpired during Mikay-as-Areeya's 17th birthday celebration in the Philippines and how I think it is a microcosm of the grand play of choices that we are seeing the Princess carry out today.

On that night, when Anand announced his daughter's "faux" readiness to deal with the sacred Yangdonese tradition of the "first" dance (on top of its much-hyped essence), we saw the cloud of struggle and reluctance that immediately enveloped her. She was obviously not ready to choose. She treaded anxiously. She first walked towards her commoner-prince, paused mid-way as she panned next to Jao, then she turned her gaze back to Gino when she heard a haughty voice saying:

"Ang isang Yangdonese, dapat piliin ang isang Yangdonese. She should pick Jao, otherwise, wala syang respeto sa tradition natin."

Overbearing expectations. The recent tide of serious events in Yangdon freed Areeya but buried Mikay in imprisonment throughout the process. The latter knew it was never going to be smooth and ordinal. No guarantee of patience. That even the King could stand powerless against the beauraucracy notwithstanding the level of stakes involved. Hence, the resignation. Mikay's sense of self was lost and Areeya's decisions have become a function of what's good for Yangdon with far less regard on what she truly deeply yearns for. I can't even say the princess is capable of an earnest introspection at this point. She appears to be utterly consumed by her responsibilities at the moment.

Areeya to Vicky: "Pano ba naman kasi hindi pipiliin ate yung alam mong tama at karapat-dapat? Si Jao, alam kong mahal nya ang Yangdon. Kaya pagsisilbihan nya ito ng buong puso. At saka, hindi naman ito sa kung ano ang nasa pakiramdam ko eh. Ang mas importante eh kung ano ang mas magpapasaya sa mga taga Yangdon."

Back to that night, like how she was steered by Behati's lines. She deviated from what seemed to be an obvious path. She turned to Jao (after leaving a meaningful smile to her commoner-prince) and fetched him for her first dance...

Sure, Areeya's acceptance of pagtatakda was not purely a product of Yangdon's expectations. Her smiles seem to suggest the decision is accompanied by something else. Something special. A special feeling.. but one that for me is nothing more than a great deal of admiration. LOVE simply cannot be justified by sheer exchange of origami and letters, or of words and cliches. The heart sees beyond all that. And there was no flashback nor a memory-driven evaluation to highlight that the princess has dug deep thru her heart to come up with her one and TRUE choice.

Again, on that night, when Mikay and Jao gestured themselves so perfectly at the floor center, clasped their hands together as they prepare to perform their well-rehearsed set of choreography, they went on to their first dance. The people were happy. The background music played with royal flair. There was a flashback of moments they both shared. It looked special.

The said dynamics of the first dance reflect on Areeya's choice and seeming complacency right now from a macro-level perspective. She is willing to go through the royal engagement on cerebral tones. All of Yangdon are rejoicing over Jao's victory. The stretch of poetry-filled conversations. One element is left for us to see.

The flashback. It has not rolled yet and when it does I hope it delivers a stinging realization. That what seems to be the right choice is never the true choice. Once this arc is done, I hope Areeya will finally be one with Mikay, be able to tap into the true sense of her heart and be driven to FIGHT for the person it is BOUND to reveal.

And as one final reference to that night, when the first dance was through, Mikay made a quirky scene to voice out a bold but heartfelt intention. It was risky. It was in a way a sacrifice. It was all her doing. She was set to almost embarass herself, but she insisted.. Why? Because at that moment, she just knew she had to have HER LAST DANCE.

"Hindi importante kung sino ang kasama mo sa simula. Ang importante eh yung kasama mo sa ending."

:)

Hopefully Mikay will reach that realization. I've always enjoyed more seeing her as Mikay than Princess Areeyah.

I'd love to see more posts of this quality: logical, not just flattery-cheesy-just-for-the-sake-of-an-opinion, anchored on what's really happening in the show.  ::) 8)

Lourobert17

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2012, 02:35:13 PM »
Hello Everyone, I really enjoy watching PAI, lakas talaga ng chemistry ni Kath and Quen on screen. Mga JaoMik moments  nakakakilig. I got hooked on he show because of them. Sa simpleng smile nila mapapa smile ka rin. Iba rin ang pagmamahal ni  Jao kay Mikay. Who wouldn't want a guy like Jao? He is so nice, selfless, and super gwapo pa! :)

Xiaoyu

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2012, 04:58:42 PM »
Hello Everyone, I really enjoy watching PAI, lakas talaga ng chemistry ni Kath and Quen on screen. Mga JaoMik moments  nakakakilig. I got hooked on he show because of them. Sa simpleng smile nila mapapa smile ka rin. Iba rin ang pagmamahal ni  Jao kay Mikay. Who wouldn't want a guy like Jao? He is so nice, selfless, and super gwapo pa! :)

Yeah! so true! Effortless and Kilig at Chemistry..and Quen is so gentleman. hindi na kailangan ang maraming hawak-hawak or whatsoever touchy scenes :P
sweet kahit simpleng pakikipagtitigan lang :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kVhYS-EniK8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
~Love is our Weapon~

Xiaoyu

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2012, 05:05:53 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVhYS-EniK8

watch niyo po ito mga Kathquens :))))
~Love is our Weapon~

Mr.Conan

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2012, 06:16:40 PM »
Thanks sa Princess And I. Great Royal teleserye. #1! Congrats!! :D

Ang ganda ng simula and I'm hoping for a better ending. I think mas bagay si GINO at MIKAY.

They deserve each other. Marami ng sacrifices ang nagawa nila. Marami ng pagsubok ang nalagpasan nila. Siguro naman pwede silang maging masaya di ba? Hindi yung puro sakit na langr, lalo na si Gino. Syempre sya yung pinakakawawa sa story. Sya yung nagsacrifice, naghintay sa ulan, sinuong ang bagyo at landslide, nagtrabaho, nagbuwis ng buhay, nabugbog, at nagpunta pa sa Yangdon para makasama yung mahal nya. Wala syang takot na hinarap yung mga pagsubok para lang may mapatunayan.

Yah. Deserving nga si Jao kasi lumaki sya sa Yangdon, nasanay sya sa kultura at tradisyon ng Yangdon. What if kung dun din lumaki si Gino at nalaman nya agad na Dasho sya? De syempre magiging deserving din sya di ba? Wala tayong karapatang sabihin na hindi deserving si Gino kasi magkaiba sila ng sitwasyon ni Jao. Lahat naman ng bagay e mapagsasanayan lalo na't gugustuhin, kailangan lang ng sapat na oras. Hindi porket isip-bata, bad boy, at mukang walang alam si Gino e hindi na sya karapat-dapat. Unfair yun. Dapat hayaan natin syang magbago for the better.

Kaya for me, Gino deserves Mikay and vice versa. Masaya sila kapag sila ang magkasama. Mas nagiging totoo sila kapag sila ang magkasama, walang halong pagpapanggap, lumalabas talaga kung sino talaga sila. They are better together. Syempre, KATHNIEL e, effortless chemistry yan. Maraming nahahatak na viewers. At sigurado akong maraming umaasa na sila sa huli.

Team GINO-MIKAY FTW!!! :">

PS: No hates. Just my opinion.

MilesAway

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2012, 09:20:35 PM »
Princess and I Nov 28 epi

So matatagalan pala si Priam kahahanap ng mga allies…What I don’t understand is why won’t Behati stop Priam’s plans about the rebellion when her plan A, make Jao the next King is going according to plan? I don’t get it..anyway…

Natawa ako kay Bianca about KINDIJO…JAOMIGI second edition nga lang talaga hahahahaha and again another similarities between Dinoy at Gino… ‘’Ipikit mo lang mga mata mo..’’ :)

And kamusta naman yung ang daming MIGI shippers na nalungkot pero natuwa at the same time sa pag let go ni Gino?? sasalubungin nadaw nila sa airport… hinihingi na ang flight schedules…Sinong may idea jan? paki sabihan naman ang welcome committee Hahahaha.. ;D

''Gusto ko rin pala sabihin sa inyo na..at hahayaan ko na kayo ni Mikay..lalayo na ako..kailangan Jao..hindi na magiging ganun ang bagaybagay..Ayoko naman dumihan ang pangalan niya..Salamat pala parin Jao pero kailangan ko na umalis..’’--Gino

I just know he wouldn’t do an Anakin Skywalker on me…sana magtuloy tuloy..but I just hope that this is really is it…well I think this is it…he has accepted everything and is letting go.

But we all know that Destiny won’t permit this right? He is letting go..but will have to return to Mikay’s side because of I’m betting, her safety and a revelation. So far everything is going according to team hopia’s latest prediction…sana magtuloy tuloy…gulong ng palad…After all, hindi pa tapos umeksena si Yin..

‘’…lahat nagbabago…’’

Mikay/Areeyah’s understandable dilemma..

‘’….feeling ko mapapahamak ang kaibigan ko..wala naman siyang kasalanan..pero pakiramdam ko kailangan ko sabihin ito…..’’

At the moment she is still gathering enough evidences against Behati…and I think she is hoping, more for Jao’s sake…her friend…that she is wrong. I’m excited for this... though I think that this arc will fully bloom next week.

As what Commonersleek and the rest of us always say ang daming duality and parallelism sa show…yes we can always doubt if the writers were thinking specifically about this things but it can’t be denied that they are there…tonight, highlighted masyado ang mga ito..

Behati vs Areeyah/Mikay
East vs West…

So bukas ulit..Take heart my MIGI heart  :D

sweet tooth

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2012, 10:39:20 PM »
I believe Jao and Mikay make for a better story not only because of how they are as individuals, what their values are, their selflessness and how they are better together in various situations ranging from light moments to serious ones.

I consider Jao and Mikay to have established a healthy friendship/partnership over time, starting from when they met in Yangdon, in Manila and until now. They had their share of tough times and they helped each other out, they were there for each other. After the fire, when Jao professed his love he said that Mikay changed him, and she replied the same. It's true, they have changed and grew and I believe they became better people.

Another reason why I believe Jao and Mikay make for a better story is I see more obstacles and twists and motivations and implications and yes, even lessons that would make for a compelling and satisfying story (of course, if only the writers would be allowed to continue with their original story and not be pressured into caving in yet again and adding contrivances in the script due to angry bursts and complaints).

Just because Jao wasn't kidnapped with Mikay, didn't soak in the rain or whatever force of nature befell on Gino doesn't mean Jao deserves Mikay's love less. As we've witnessed countless times, Jao's sacrifices are of a different nature... they're more of the "suffer in silence" type. More of "torn between love and duty" or "between what is convenient and what is right". In some instances he could've complained, thrown a tantrum (like another character), blamed everyone else, but he never did. He takes them like a man and just bore the consequences and the pain.

Given his virtues and integrity, I know Jao would do all he can to protect Mikay if he was in Gino's place during the storm/landslide and during the kidnapping. In fact, Jao risked his life in those times as well. He went as far as to find Mikay and Gino and their kidnappers himself, and against the wishes of his mother (who we know is difficult, to put it mildly). In San Isidro, Jao helped someone he didn't even know. Jao's heart and kindness doesn't stop with how he treats Mikay or his family, it knows no bounds.

In my earlier post I have already given some reasons why I eventually rooted for Jao for Mikay, and I want to add to that. By the time Jao professed his love for Mikay, it was long overdue. He planned on not telling her at all, he actually resigned himself to the fact that he'll be loving her from afar, one of his reasons being is that he didn't want to take her away from her happiness, i.e. her family (the Maghirangs) in the Philippines who she loves. Like always, he only wants to make her happy. And if I remember correctly, when he finally told Mikay he loves her, he said he doesn't expect anything from her, just that he needed to say it. I guess my point is (although I'm sure like anyone he'd like it if it was reciprocated) that Jao is not the type who expects anything in return for his love, he has said and has SHOWN that loving Mikay was enough. And for me, that is selfless, it makes his love true. There is no doubt in my mind that Jao has continuously given Mikay love. And lucky is she who is loved by Jao.

b!@tch

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2012, 11:30:04 PM »

hahaha..hindi na sila gumagalaw ngayon..

boring.ganda na ng colors/size.emoticons na lang.sana dumami.

MilesAway

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2012, 08:54:32 PM »
Princess And I Nov 29 epi

Nothing much tonight really...the ones who got the greatest exposure in tonight's episodes were the trees and the leaves.. ;D

So Mikay was able to confirm Behati's true identity.

Mikay's inner turmoil is churning...Ibubulgar niya ba ang sikretong ito at hahayaang mapurasahan sina Behati at Jao or hahanap muna siya ng paraan upang ma lessen ang parusang mapapataw..?

Si Gino ayun still in the process of letting go..but as predicted he will return to Yin's place to keep his promise..

So anong mauuna..ang pag susumbong ni Yin sa Drukpah or sa Prinsesa about sa mga kasalanan ni Behati..or ang pag bubulgar ni Mikay sa totoong identity ni Behati?

Either way things are not going too well with Behati's right now...Good luck sa kanya...

Side comments?

Kamusta ang gabi na naging umaga sa gubat..? tapos yung stupid na tanong na ''Ok ka lang?'' kay Gino like duh?? Malamang ok lang yun tao eh no Mikay, na broken hearted lang naman siya..malamang ok lang yun.. ::)  ;D

Ilang beses na yang mga stupid dialogues na yan..kalerky..anyway..bukas ulit..

MilesAway

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2012, 08:51:14 PM »
Princess and I Nov 30 epi

And tama...sa engagement talaga mabubulgar ang mga kasalanan ni Behati..

Will this revelation trigger Mikay to spill what she knows about Behati?

Will Mikay and Jao hold this against Gino?

And ayun nga naudlot nanaman ang paglayo ni Gino..What will he feel na accidentally siya pa ang magpapahamak sa kapatid-niya-pero-di-niya-talaga-kapatid at kaibigan niyang si Jao?? tadhana nga naman..:bop:

How will Jao handle this?

Does Yin have enough evidence to back up her accusations against Behati...? I hope so..or else this will just be words against words..baka babaliktarin pa ni Behati ang storya...Mapapasama si Gino....tapos walang maniniwala kay Yin.

Regardless..this is a great scandal..and might be the cause of the termination of Jao and Mikay's engagement..or maybe not..

It was brave for Mikay to stand up and voice out her thoughts of what she thinks of the death penalty..but for sure..the council will be dismissive of this..

Malapit na din ata ang rebellion arc..next week ulit :D

shinissolidkathniel

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2012, 10:13:44 AM »
Hi po! Ask ko lang po about sa Mikay Look Alike. Di pa po kasi kami nakakapunta ng set. Yung ate ko po yung winner. Paano po magpasked? :))))