Welcome, Kapamilya. Please or

Author Topic: Pilipinas Got Talent: Season 4 (OT)  (Read 22814 times)

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
Re: Pilipinas Got Talent: Season 4 (OT)
« Reply #165 on: April 22, 2013, 12:11:49 PM »
Acoustic band, dancing twins make 'PGT' semis

ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 04/21/2013 9:31 PM | Updated as of 04/21/2013 9:31 PM

MANILA, Philippines – An acoustic band and a dance group composed of twins are moving on to the semifinal round of the TV reality search “Pilipinas Got Talent” on Sunday.

In Sunday’s live results show, MP3 Band, an acoustic trio from Davao, garnered a whopping 4365% of the total text votes.

Comprised of lead singer and guitarist Aries Sales, lead guitarist Lj Manzano and beatboxer Mckoy, MP3 Band performed Apo Hiking Society’s “Mahirap Magmahal ng Syota ng Iba” on Saturday’s third live quarterfinals performance night.

While the Davao musicians automatically advanced to the next round by topping the voting, Symmetry, a dance group composed of five sets of twins also from Davao, had to battle it out with Michael Jackson impersonator Randy de Silva for the judges’ vote to enter the semifinals.

Symmetry again performed their “mirror” dance, which earned a standing ovation from the judges last Saturday, while the 20-year-old De Silva sang Jackson’s “The Way You Make Me Feel,” complete with the King of Pop’s patented dance moves and sequined costume.

All three judges were unanimous in selecting Symmetry, with former ABS-CBN president Freddie Garcia saying he picked the group based on originality, stage presence and choice of music.

“Randy, natutuwa ang bayan at nakisimpatiya sa buhay mo at you did your best but it’s a unanimous decision,” judge Ai Ai delas Alas told de Silva, who actually placed second on text votes.

“Randy, you gave a real good performance ha. Thank you for being a good sport,” judge Kris Aquino added.

Failing to get enough text votes to move them to the next round were comedic magician Michael Fernando a.k.a. Mifer, dog trainer Florendo “Randy” Macalma and wheelchair dancers Tahanang Walang Hagdan Wheelchair Dancesport and BMG.

MP3 Band and Symmetry now join the roster of semi-finalists this season that already includes flairtender Chaeremon Basa, transgender trio The Mis Tres, black light dance group Zilent Overload and 23-year old band vocalist Eumee Lyn Capile.

|||◄+--------| TFC Godfather circa 2003 |--------+►|||

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2013, 08:33:13 PM »
Luis gets 'dream watch' from GF Jennylyn

By Reyma Buan-Deveza, ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 04/26/2013 12:48 PM | Updated as of 04/26/2013 4:50 PM

Luis Manzano and girlfriend Jennylyn Mercado

MANILA, Philippines - Television host Luis Manzano happily shared that his girlfriend, actress Jennylyn Mercado, recently gave him his "dream watch" as a birthday present.

Manzano, a self-confessed watch fanatic, turned 32 last April 21.

"She gave me a very nice watch. Pretty expensive. Kasi ako, watch fanatic ako. So nagkataon na 'yung binigay niya, isa sa mga dream watches ko," said the TV host, without giving further details.

When asked what he bought for himself on his birthday, Manzano replied: "Mayroon sana akong gustong bilhin, pero naisip ko, ilagay na lang sa business para in the next two years ay mas malaki ang maibibigay ko sa sarili ko."

"Ngayon pa naman kasi, nandiyan 'yung kumikita pa naman ako. Ang business ko, kapag nag-retire ako, doon na ako kikita. So 'yung dapat gagastusin ko para sa sarili ko ay ibinalik ko na lang sa business ko," added the TV host, who has taxi and garment businesses.

Meanwhile, Manzano said he has no plans of settling down with Mercado any time soon.

"Hindi naman, hirap nga kami magkita, paano pa kami magpapakasal?" he said. "I have so many things to do, she has so many things to do not just as an artist but more so as a mother."

Mercado has a son named Alex Jazz with her former boyfriend, Patrick Garcia.

"Ang priority niya sa buhay niya ay si Jazz. Mawala na lahat, kahit ako, mag-break kami, siyempre priority ni Jen is Jazz and I will always respect that," Manzano explained.

Aside from "Minute to Win It," Manzano is also co-hosting "Pilipinas Got Talent Season 4" and "Deal or No Deal."

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #167 on: April 29, 2013, 06:54:38 AM »
Breakdancers, mask artist make 'PGT' semis

ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 04/28/2013 10:24 PM | Updated as of 04/28/2013 10:31 PM

MANILA, Philippines – A group of breakdancers and a quick mask artist are moving on to the semifinal round of the TV reality search “Pilipinas Got Talent.”

In Sunday’s live results show, D’ Intensity Breakers, a dance group from Lipa City, Batangas, garnered 36.72% of the total text votes.

WATCH IT HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s2GHVBzAts&feature=player_embedded

The dancers impressed the judges, especially Ai Ai delas Alas, who gave them a standing ovation on Saturday’s live performance night, with their dance performance which included numerous tumbling runs and incorporated hula hoops in their routine.

“I’m really proud to be a Batanguena,” delas Alas said. “Napakahusay ninyo at 'yung sabay-sabay na pag-tumbling ninyo, napakagaling.”

While the Batangas breakdancers automatically advanced to the next round by topping the voting, quick mask artist Tito Cris Castro had to battle it out with singer Russel Figueroa for the judges’ vote to enter the semifinals.

Castro again performed his act that saw him change masks and outfits instantaneously on stage, while Figeroa battled fever as he belted out the ballad “Kailangan Ko’y Ikaw.”

“You did well, even with your husky voice,” former ABS-CBN president Freddie Garcia told Figueroa.

“Good luck sa iyo kahit malat ka hindi ka naman sumablay,” added delas Alas.

But ultimately the judges unanimously chose Castro to move on to the semifinal round as the judges’ choice.

“Napakahirap talaga i-compare ang magic act and a singer,” said Garcia. “Russell, you were only given one minute 30 seconds and you were not able to convey the full meaning of the song. Si Tito Cris, nabuo mo ‘yung magic mo in one minute and 30 seconds.”

“I felt you performed better last night than you did tonight. But even if you were not at your best tonight, what you were able to do napakakaunti lang ang nakakagawa niyan,” judge Kris Aquino told Castro, before announcing their unanimous decision.

Failing to get enough text votes to move them to the next round were acrobats Lumina, violinist group The Fluma Viron of Cuerdas and the can can dancers of the Can Can Group of Regidor Elementary School.

D’ Intensity Breakers and Castro now join the roster of semi-finalists this season that already includes flairtender Chaeremon Basa, transgender trio The Mis Tres, black light dance group Zilent Overload, 23-year-old band vocalist Eumee Lyn Capile, the acoustic trio MP3 Band and the dancing twins Symmetry.

dudejca

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 06, 2013, 01:42:25 PM »
I liked that Vice filled in the judging table for a week. It was definitely a breath of fresh air...

Glad that Frankendall went through, I like his unique talent. I still don't get why Roel is so worthy for the 1st spot. I'd rather have had John Neil Roa than him.

hanashima

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 06, 2013, 03:40:05 PM »
I liked that Vice filled in the judging table for a week. It was definitely a breath of fresh air...

Glad that Frankendall went through, I like his unique talent. I still don't get why Roel is so worthy for the 1st spot. I'd rather have had John Neil Roa than him.

Vice is really intellectual judge I really like him sana siya na lang din ang judge sa PGT or gawing apat or remove Kris IDK .  I don't like her eversince na nagstart ang PGT no offense sa mga fans niya out there ;)

Well, for me talaga Frankendall deserves to be in the first spot. then Chris Bernardo.

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2013, 07:27:32 PM »
Vice did great... I'd love to see Vice as a permanent judge down the line.

BTW my only wish for this reality show... NO SINGERS WINNING FOR ONCE! PLEASE!!!!

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #171 on: May 12, 2013, 11:27:17 PM »
Folk dancers, drift drivers make 'PGT' semifinals

ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 05/12/2013 9:51 PM | Updated as of 05/12/2013 10:10 PM

MANILA, Philippines – The semifinal cast of the TV reality search “Pilipinas Got Talent” is now complete after a folk dance group and a pair of drift drivers made the cut on the last quarterfinals show on Sunday.

In Sunday’s live results show, Bughaw Folkloric Dance Troupe of Cavite topped the text votes.

The group, from Mendez, Cavite, started back in 2000. In 2008, they applied as performers in Dubai but unfortunately became victims of an illegal recruiter, who ran away with a total of P150,000 from the group’s members.

Judge Kris Aquino was impressed by the group’s performance last Saturday. “Ang bongga,” she said.

While the dance group automatically advanced to the next round by topping the voting, Lateral Drift Productions had to battle it out with dance group VMV for the judges’ vote to enter the semifinals.

But while the judges were wowed by the performance of VMV on Saturday, they were unanimous in selecting Lateral Drift Productions, composed of Gio Rodriguez and Ralph Tan, to join the show’s semifinals.

Saying that they promised to give the audience “something more different and unique” this season, judge and former ABS-CBN executive Freddie Garcia said his vote was for Lateral Drift.

Ai Ai delas Alas agreed. “Gusto natin different and unique. At ngayong Season 4 lang tayo nakatagpo na drifting ang talent,” she said.

Failing to get enough text votes to move them to the next round were synchronized swimmers Rosenrei Synchro Sirens, motor stuntmen Gensan Stunt Team and the Balungao Robotic Dancers.

Bughaw Folkloric Dance Troupe and Lateral Drift Productions complete the roster of semi-finalists this season that already includes flairtender Chaeremon Basa, transgender trio The Mis Tres, black light dance group Zilent Overload, 23-year-old band vocalist Eumee Lyn Capile, the acoustic trio MP3 Band, the dancing twins Symmetry, the breakdancing group D’ Intensity Breakers, quick mask artist Cris Castro, young YouTube sensation Roel Manlangit and ring dancer Frankendal Fabroa.

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #172 on: May 12, 2013, 11:54:39 PM »
PGT 4 6th Quarterfinals Results Night (May 12): Bughaw Folkloric Dance Group and Lateral Drift Productions Grab Last 2 Semis Slots

Posted on May 12, 2013 | 9:23 PM

Another batch of talents entered the semifinals of Pilipinas Got Talent Season 4 as revealed on Sunday, May 12. After last night's performance show, the final two acts that will advance and join 10 others in the semifinals were determined.

Before the big reveal, The Voice of The Philippines coach and rock icon Bamboo performed his famous Noypi as the show celebrates a bunch of Filipino talents outside the PAGCOR Grand Theater.

First to advance to the semifinals was Bughaw Folkloric Dance Group. The folk dancers from Cavite got the highest number of votes (23.72%) from the batch. Bughaw Folkloric Dance Group showcased Filipino traditional dances with live music and breathtaking lifts which made the colorful cultural show even more festive and exciting.

Seamen VMA Dancers and car drifting duo Lateral Drift Productions performed for the judges' votes but it was the duo which was favored by the judges. Lateral Drift Productions wowed everyone with their car drifting stunts and the judges were unanimous in amazement.

Bughaw Folkloric Dance Group and Lateral Drift Productions will join Chaeremon Basa, The Miss Tres, Zilent Overload, Eumee Lyn Capili, MP3 Band, Symmetry, D' Intensity Breakers, Tito Cris Castro, Roel Manlangit and Frankendal Fabroa  in PGT 4 semifinals next week.

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #173 on: May 17, 2013, 05:52:08 AM »
PGT 4 Semifinals Starts May 18; to Reveal First Batch of Grand Finalists

Posted on May 16, 2013 | 7:10 PM

The race to the grand finals finally begins as ABS-CBN’s biggest and grandest talent-reality show “Pilipinas Got Talent” kicks off its semi-finals round this Saturday (May 18) where the top 12 semi-finalists will compete in an intense live talent showdown to take one of six grand finalist slots.

PGT 4 Semifinals Starts May 18; to Reveal First Batch of Grand Finalists

Expect leveled up performances and leveled judges power as the Big Three judges Kris Aquino, Ai Ai Delas Alas, and Freddie “FMG” Garcia will now choose two acts to make it to the grand finals. The act voted by viewers via text and online will again automatically take a grand finalist slot while the judges pick their top two bets among the acts that will rank 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in the nationwide votes.

First up to compete this week are quick mask artist Tito Cris Castro, twin dance group Symmetry, unconventional acoustic band Mp3, YouTube sensation Roel Manlangit, flairtender Chaeremon Basa, and black light dancers Zilent Overload.

Chaeremon Basa, Zilent Overload, Tito Cris Castro, Symmetry, Roel Manlangit and MP3 Band

Just recently, folk dancers Bughaw Folkloric Dance Group and car drifters Lateral Drift Productions completed the roster of semi-finalists during the 6th and last quarterfinal match. Who will become the first three grand finalists of season four?   

Don’t miss the first live semi-final performance night this Saturday (May 18) after “MMK,” and watch the first live semi-final results night on Sunday (May 19), after “Rated K” on ABS-CBN. Tweet your thoughts on the show using the hashtag #PGT4.

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #174 on: May 17, 2013, 06:12:07 AM »
PGT semi-finals, aarangkada na!

Simula na ng laban para makapasok sa grand finals sa pag-uumpisa ng semi-finals ng talent-reality show sa bansa na Pilipinas Got Talent ngayong Sabado (May 18). Asahan ang umaatikabong bak­bakan ng talento ng 12 na semi-finalists na mag­tu­tung­gali para makuha ang isa sa anim na grand fi­na­list slots na pagdedesisyunan ng sam­bayana’t ng judges. Mas matindi ang excitement sa bawat per­formances at mas matindi rin ang kapangyarihan ng judges dahil ang Big Three na sina 4 ay pipili hindi lang ng isa, kung hindi ng dalawang acts na papasok sa grand finals. Tulad ng dati, ang mangu­nguna sa botohan ay siguradong pasok habang ang papa­ngalawa, papangatlo, at papang-apat sa bo­tohan ang siyang pagpipilian ng judges.

Unang sasabak ngayong linggo ang quick mask artist na si Tito Cris Castro, twin dance group na si Symmetry, unconventional acoustic band na Mp3, YouTube sensation na si Roel Manlangit, flairtender na si Chaeremon Basa, at black light dancers na Zilent Overload. Kamakailan lang ay kinumpleto ng folk dancers na Bughaw Folkloric Dance Group at car drifters na Lateral Drift Productions ang top 12 semi-finalists matapos ang huling quarterfinal showdown.

Sino ang unang tatlong tatanghaling grand finalists?

Solid Showtimer

• VhongAnne for My Girlfriend is a Gumiho Remake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 21, 2013, 09:53:11 AM »
Nakakabadtrip na ang PGT4. Kala ko ba unique act ang gusto nila, eh bakit si Roel ang pinili nila? Tapos may banda pa na hindi naman kagalingan. Sana hindi na nag season 4 ang PGT sana The Voice of The Philippines na agad agad. O kaya Pilipinas Got AWA or LOOKS. Kasi naawa lang sila kay Roel kaya nila pinili. At binoto ng tao ang MP3 kasi nga may itsura. Disappointed much.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 10:00:52 AM by I Love Music »

Primetime's Newest Sensation: Pure Love
Monday to Friday - 5:45 PM - ABS-CBN Primetime Bida

Zenon

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 21, 2013, 10:49:35 AM »
Nakakabadtrip na ang PGT4. Kala ko ba unique act ang gusto nila, eh bakit si Roel ang pinili nila? Tapos may banda pa na hindi naman kagalingan. Sana hindi na nag season 4 ang PGT sana The Voice of The Philippines na agad agad. O kaya Pilipinas Got AWA or LOOKS. Kasi naawa lang sila kay Roel kaya nila pinili. At binoto ng tao ang MP3 kasi nga may itsura. Disappointed much.

Ang alam ko Kris picked Roel dahil naaawa siya pero the plan was for the other one to win. Shocked daw kasi siya noong pinili ni FMG si Roel rin. Nagkalito ata. But sana hindi na lang sila gumawa ng kung ano anong gimmick and just decide who they want individually, tapos wag paltan ang desisyon kahit pangalawa ka man o tie breaker magdecide.

I could say sana si Vice na lang ulit ang judge, but since Vice replaced Ai-Ai who made the right decision here, meh. Either Kris or FMG na lang dapat should have been temporarily replaced here.

Would have been less annoying if they didn't have to brag all throughout the auditions that "This is season 4" and "We want unique talents" blablabla stuff like that dahil pinaasa lang ang mga viewers sa wala. Oh the irony they have done.

But then again, it'd still be annoying because of MP3 Band being in the Grand Finals. Honestly, it ruins the point of having only half of the twelve in the Grand Finals when those with common talents still seem to get in even though there are unique ones. Don't people know how to vote wisely?

---

I hope the talented ones here in PGT don't fade away when it ends and are given chances to be seen on TV. Maybe a Sunday primetime circus show of sorts featuring most of the great talents from all the seasons of PGT? Or on Saturday noontime? Though baka manibago ang mga tao na weekdays lang ang Showtime xD.

Solid Showtimer

• VhongAnne for My Girlfriend is a Gumiho Remake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 21, 2013, 11:05:21 AM »

Ang alam ko Kris picked Roel dahil naaawa siya pero the plan was for the other one to win. Shocked daw kasi siya noong pinili ni FMG si Roel rin. Nagkalito ata. But sana hindi na lang sila gumawa ng kung ano anong gimmick and just decide who they want individually, tapos wag paltan ang desisyon kahit pangalawa ka man o tie breaker magdecide.

I could say sana si Vice na lang ulit ang judge, but since Vice replaced Ai-Ai who made the right decision here, meh. Either Kris or FMG na lang dapat should have been temporarily replaced here.

Would have been less annoying if they didn't have to brag all throughout the auditions that "This is season 4" and "We want unique talents" blablabla stuff like that dahil pinaasa lang ang mga viewers sa wala. Oh the irony they have done.

But then again, it'd still be annoying because of MP3 Band being in the Grand Finals. Honestly, it ruins the point of having only half of the twelve in the Grand Finals when those with common talents still seem to get in even though there are unique ones. Don't people know how to vote wisely?

---

I hope the talented ones here in PGT don't fade away when it ends and are given chances to be seen on TV. Maybe a Sunday primetime circus show of sorts featuring most of the great talents from all the seasons of PGT? Or on Saturday noontime? Though baka manibago ang mga tao na weekdays lang ang Showtime xD.

Nakakainis talaga si Kris, bakit kasi may gimmick pang nalalaman. Kung sino dapat gusto yun ang piliin. Tapos ayun nagulat na lang siya at walang nagawa. Sana kahit impossible sana may wild card kahit isa or dalawa ang makapasok. Kala ko talaga yung 6 na makakapasok sa grand finals ay sobrang deserving yun pala mas deserving pa ang mga natanggal. My personal picks are Tito Cris, Chaeremon and Zilent Overload. Tapos isa lang ang nakapasok. Kahit kelan talaga hindi nag iisip ang mga tao ng mabuti pag tungkol sa pagboto. PGT should expect that their next grand winner will be another singer AGAIN. Because of their stupid decisions.

Primetime's Newest Sensation: Pure Love
Monday to Friday - 5:45 PM - ABS-CBN Primetime Bida

dudejca

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 21, 2013, 12:38:07 PM »
Agree with both of your guys' points. I really hope this does not turn into a sympathy contest with him winning. If so, I'm giving up on PGT. I'd rather see singers shine it out on The X Factor, and especially The Voice.

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #179 on: May 21, 2013, 07:12:21 PM »
I have nothing to say here and I'm rather bored with the show. I'll tune into the finals though. Still can't believe Roel made it into the Finals, he's so mediocre and seems like another sad charity case.