Welcome, Kapamilya. Please or

Author Topic: Miss Universe 2015 is Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach  (Read 7924 times)

lacsi08

• Melason
    • View Profile
Miss Universe 2015 is Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach
« on: January 23, 2016, 08:01:21 PM »

lacsi08

• Melason
    • View Profile
Re: Miss Universe 2015 is Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 08:05:23 PM »

Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach, Miss Universe 2015 from the Philippines

Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach
, aka Miss Universe 2015 by way of the Philippines, is a professional onstage and offstage. When she visited the Yahoo Beauty office in early January, she remained reserved and discrete — in spite of the Miss Universe sash around her dress — until the camera started filming. Once we were broadcasting live to hundreds of fans on Periscope, 26-year-old Wurtzbach became the beloved Miss Universe, catwalking down the hallway blowing kisses, advising “being in love” as her best beauty tip, and singing a few verses of Aretha Franklin’s “I Will Survive.” She had just come from a radio interview with Sirius XM and would be interviewing with Filipino television stations in the afternoon, but even if she did appear tired at all, you wouldn’t notice on camera.

We witnessed her professionalism at the infamous televised Miss Universe pageant, when host Steve Harvey announced that he had misread the ballot card, declaring Miss Colombia, Ariadna Gutiérrez, as Miss Universe instead of Wurtzbach. “I have to apologize — the first runner-up…is Colombia,” Harvey said. The camera panned to Wurtzbach, her eyes darting around the screaming theatre while Miss USA, Olivia Jordan, burst into tears on her behalf. “What?” Wurtzbach mouths. “What?” she asked again. “I think you just won,” Jordan whispered behind her ear. Harvey then announced the Miss Universe 2015 for the second time that night: “Miss Universe 2015 is…PHILIPPINES!” The 5’8” actress, model, and former beauty editor clasped her hand to her mouth in surprise, while walking down the stage for her crowning. She beamed gently for the cameras while the Gutiérrez was de-crowned by Miss Universe 2014, Paulina Vega. In late January, Wurtzbach would return to Manila, the capital of the Philippines, for her homecoming, where she would get a parade and the long awaited celebratory tribute walk she missed out on at the pageant.

“Just making it into the top two was already such a big deal for me,” Wurtzbach told Yahoo Beauty. “I was thinking, during rehearsals, ‘I wonder what it’s like to be there, when you’re the last two standing, and it’s just between the two of you.’” When Wurtzbach walked backstage as the first runner-up, she actually felt relieved to see that her fellow countrymen were congratulating her and still proud of her. “That’s all I wanted anyway,” she said. “The actual result is out of my control.” After the unforgettable Miss Universe pageant in late December, Wurtzbach was flown immediately to New York City to move into her new apartment, while the drama played out in the media for days afterwards. Wurtzbach, whose father is German and whose immediate family currently lives in England, spent Christmas Day alone — in peace. “It was quiet,” she said, shrugging. It’s not a bad way to spend the holidays, especially considering the uproar about Steve Harvey’s misreading on both Colombian and Filipino social media. In both the Philippines and Colombia, the Miss Universe pageant is not just a one-night spectacle — it’s a matter of distinguishing themselves on a world stage. “Their soccer teams may often fail on the world stage, but with the pageants, they can show off,” Juan Forero wrote in The New York Times in November 2001. “Colombians need the hope of beauty, they need the presentation of beauty, to feel connected, to feel proud,” Michael Stanfield, PhD, a professor at the University of San Francisco added. “You occasionally have a Colombian win a stage of the Tour de France or someone winning a car race, but nothing rallies that sense of national identification like the beauty queen.”
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 08:08:18 PM by lacsi08 »

lacsi08

• Melason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 08:12:47 PM »
Late Post :

Miss Universe
Page Liked · January 10 ·

Finally watched Allegiance last night! Starring Ms Lea Salonga, who is also Filipina. Superb performance from the whole cast. I ad tears in my eyes by the end of the show. #

-Pia

lacsi08

• Melason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 08:13:23 PM »

lacsi08

• Melason
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 08:20:06 PM »

Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach arrives in Manila

Pia Wurtzbach arrives in Manila for her Grand Homecoming and says, 'Napakasaya ko po, 'di po ako nakatulog kagabi dahil sobrang excited po akong finally makauwi na'

ANILA, Philippines (3rd UPDATE) – Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach arrived in Manila early Saturday, January 23, for her Grand Homecoming. (READ: PH's Pia Wurtzbach wins Miss Universe 2015)

This is the first time Pia has visited the Philippines since her controversial win in December 2015, when coronation night host Steve Harvey mistakenly crowned first runner-up Miss Colombia instead.

It's been 42 years since the Philippines won the Miss Universe crown. Pia is only the 3rd Miss Universe from the country.

Pia's journey to the crown wasn't all smooth sailing. It took her 3 attempts at Binibining Pilipinas before she won the Miss Philippines title that would let her represent the country in the international pageant.

Pia's homecoming is packed with activities, including a press conference, and courtesy calls to the Senate, the city of Manila, and Malacañang. The final activity planned for her visit is a homecoming special on January 28 at the Smart Araneta Coliseum. (READ: Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach on effigy issue, PH homecoming)

lacsi08

• Melason
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 08:23:30 PM »

Pia will also have a Grand Homecoming Parade on January 25, which will start in Manila and end at Araneta Center, Quezon City.

On January 23, the pageant queen gave a short message to her Filipino supporters – once in Filipino and again in English – when she arrived at the airport.

For her Filipino speech above, she said: "Napakasaya ko po, 'di po ako nakatulog kagabi dahil sobrang excited po akong finally makauwi na. Ayoko po sanang mag-reveal muna ng mga experiences ko, dahil ise-save ko po ito sa press conference na mangyayari bukas. Kaya sana po pumunta kayo doon. Napakasaya ko po na nakauwi na ako dito sa Pilipinas." After a short pause, Pia joked, "Grabe, para akong lalaban ulit."

(I'm so happy, I couldn't sleep last night because I was so excited to finally come home. I don't want to reveal too much about my experiences because I want to save those for the press conference that will happen tomorrow, so please come. I'm so happy that I've come home again here in the Philippines. It feels like I'm going to compete again.)

She later repeated the speech in English, adding, "Every time I would think about my trip back here, I would, you know, tear up a little bit, because I feel like it's been so long. And I have so many things to share and I can't wait to share it all with you."

lacsi08

• Melason
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 08:28:49 PM »

Check out some photos of Pia's arrival below :

lacsi08

• Melason
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 08:30:06 PM »

lacsi08

• Melason
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 08:31:24 PM »

lacsi08

• Melason
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 08:40:04 PM »

IN PHOTOS: Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach arrives in Manila

Saturday, January 23, 2016

MANILA, Philippines - The Filipino pride and the queen is finally home!

Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach has arrived at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) around 6 a.m. on Saturday, January 23 for her week-long grand homecoming in Manila.

This is the first time Pia has visited the country after the controversial win at the Miss Universe pageant late last year- wrong announcement of winner by Steve Harvey, uncalled statements of her fellow beauty queens, and condemnation of her fans over the rusty pots at her New York apartment.

The reigning Miss Universe gave a short message to the Filipinos during the mini press conference at NAIA.

"Napaka saya ko po, 'di po ako nakatulog kagabi dahil sobrang excited po akong finally maka-uwi na. Ayoko po sanang magreveal muna ng mga experiences ko, dahi ise-save ko po ito sa press conference na mangyayari bukas. Kaya sana po pumunta kayo doon. Napakasaya ko po na nakauwi na ako dito sa Pilipinas. Grabe, parang akong lalaban ulit."

After a day of rest, Pia will embark on a tight four-day schedule beginning on Monday (January 25) in which she will pay a courtesy call to President Aquino in Malacañan and in the Senate then heading later in the afternoon for the Grand Homecoming Parade traversing the three cities of Manila, Makati and Quezon City. The activity for that day will end as she will grace the Araneta Center Parade. Motorists and commuters are advised to take alternative routes to avoid any inconvenience on their journey in which the parade will take place.

lacsi08

• Melason
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2016, 08:42:39 PM »
Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach’s schedule of activities for her homecoming

On Tuesday (January 26
), the pageant queen will visit the Offices of the City Mayors as well as the House of the Representatives as a courtesy call to them. The Wednesday (January 27) was alloted as a Charity Day for the Miss Universe to payback the Filipino community with their support on her.

On the last day of her visit (January 28),
supporters will be treated to another chance to savor the Miss Universe crown with her at the Smart Araneta Coliseum in which the Miss Universe Homecoming Special will be held.

Wurtzbach then will continue on her preparation for her responsibilities as Miss Universe for a year after her homecoming.

lacsi08

• Melason
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2016, 10:00:21 PM »

Welcome Home, Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach!

lacsi08

• Melason
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2016, 10:06:54 PM »

Pia Wurtzbach’s sister Sarah: ‘When we’re together, she’s the baby’

1/23/2016 7:43 AM

Sa ulat ni Ginger Conejero para sa TV Patrol, hindi man makakauwi sa Pilipinas para sa homecoming ang kapatid ni Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach na si Sarah Wurtzbach, updated pa rin naman ito sa exciting na buhay ng kapatid na si Pia sa pamamagitan ng social media. “We share a few photos, ‘just be a normal girl and send me a few selfies. O, can you pick your favorite, which one is the best one?’ and then I’ll comment, maybe criticize a little. But as much as the hype is, I don't feel it, to me it’s still my sister. We are still the normal people that we are before she won.”

Si Sarah rin ang kasama ni Pia nang lumaban at manalo siya bilang Miss Universe 2015 sa Las Vegas. Matapos ang pageant, kinailangan bumalik kaagad ni Sarah sa London kung saan siya based kasama ang fiancé at ang kanilang two-year-old baby Lara.

Ayon kay Sarah, siya ang takbuhan ni Pia kapag naghahanap ng lambing. “I’m younger than her but when we’re together she’s the baby. She’d come up to me and ask for a cuddle or just cuddle even though I’m like what are you doing.”

Pero kapag may tampuhan naman sila ni Pia, mahirap itong suyuin. “I’ll tell you what, if Pia gets really upset with you she will not talk to you and she will stand her ground and she can go on for weeks without talking until you go like ‘please… I’m so sorry.’”

Maraming nagko-congratulate kay Sarah sa pagkapanalo ng kapatid na si Pia, pero ang mga katrabahong Colombians mukhang hindi raw masaya. “Some Colombians we do have as well and they are not very happy. Every now and then they’ll debate with me about the winning and I say, ‘hey, I was there live, I saw it live. I’m pretty sure what I’m seeing was accurate.”

Pinaghahandaan na rin ni Sarah ang pagpunta niya ng New York para makasama si Pia at makilala nito ang kanyang two-year-old niece.

lacsi08

• Melason
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2016, 10:12:07 PM »

Albert Andrada on people copying his Pia Wurtzbach gown: ‘I’m so flattered that they’re doing it’

Sa ulat ni Marie Lozano para sa TV Patrol, hindi naiinis kundi natutuwa pa ang designer na si Albert Andrada sa pagkopya ng marami sa kanyang royal blue gown na sinuot ni Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach. “I am so happy, I’m so flattered that they’re doing it. And last night somebody approached me, he is a designer, he is a budding designer, and he introduced himself he said, ‘Sir Albert I copied your gown I hope you will not get angry at me.’ They even have it in Tutuban in Manila, but I’m just so happy about it.”

Ayon sa mga tindera sa Tutuban, simula ng nanalo si Pia bilang Miss Universe, mabenta na ang mga gowns na inspired ng Albert Andrada royal blue gown na sinuot ni Pia.

Dagdag pa ni Albert, “we have a Miss Philippines, we made a Miss Universe and the crowd is a part of it, and every Filipino is a part of her winning so they have the privilege of having and copying the same thing.”

Kwento ni Albert, mala-museum na ang kanyang shop sa Greenbelt sa Makati. “It’s like hundreds of people passing by having photos. There was one time, there was one person who entered the shop and he touched the costume and he made the sign of the cross.”

Si Albert pa rin ang magde-design ng mga damit ni Pia para sa important events sa pagbabalik nito sa bansa, katulad ng isusuot ni Pia sa kanyang homecoming parade and courtesy call sa Malacanang.

lacsi08

• Melason
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 10:32:26 PM »

Pia Wurtzbach thanks 'Pianatics' for warm welcome

MANILA - From the airport, Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach on Saturday went straight to the Novotel Hotel in Cubao, where she thanked some of the most important people in her life -- her loyal fans.

Wurtzbach broke tight protocol when she strayed from the hotel's red carpet reception to approach and wave at her fans.

"Pianatics, thank you so much for coming here so early in the morning. I heard you guys waited for me for three hours outside," the Filipino-German beauty queen said.

"Nakakatuwang lahat sila naka-blue, parang yung huli kong evening gown. Pati yung Philippine flag nila at yung Philippine sash, nakakatuwang tingnan, sobra," she added.

READ: Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach back in PH

Holding welcome banners, the Pianatics went wild with Wurtzbach's acknowledgment of their presence outside the tightly secured hotel.

Some of them came from the provinces to have a first glimpse of the homecoming queen. One of them even sashayed as Miss Philippines Universe.

Wurtzbach's mom, who was a few minutes late for her daughter's arrival, was also brimming with excitement.

She also expressed and gratitude to the Pianatics who have stayed loyal to her daughter through the years.

"Aga nilang nagising. Mas late pa nga kami. Thank you very much sa mga sumusuporta kay Pia, hanggang gnayon, andiyan kayo -- sa pinagdaanan niya hanggang sa maabot niya yung tagumpay na yan, Miss Universe, my God, unbelievable," said Cheryl Alonzo Tyndall.

Binibining Pilipinas matriarch and Wurtzbach's mentor, Stella Marquez Araneta, was also flushed with joy at the warm homecoming welcome for the reigning Miss Universe at the airport and the hotel, which will be her home in the next seven days.

A grateful Wurtzbach said she could not wait for the many more surprises being prepared by the Pianatics, who also plan to relive her Miss Universe moment -- complete with the iconic blue dress and crown -- at her special show at the Araneta Coliseum later this week.