Welcome, Kapamilya. Please or

Author Topic: Presenting 'Star Magic Circle 2013'  (Read 58905 times)

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
Re: Presenting 'Star Magic Circle 2013'
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2013, 07:08:16 AM »
Julia hands off on rumored spat among Barretto sisters

By Rowena Joy A. Sanchez
Published: April 18, 2013

Julia wants to follow in the footsteps of her aunt Claudine (Photo from Julia’s Twitter)

Young Kapamilya talent Julia Barretto has begged off commenting on rumors that her mother Marjorie Barretto and aunt Gretchen are not in good terms with their younger sister Claudine.

Speculations about this new round of feud among the Barretto sisters came to the fore after Gretchen and Marjorie allegedly took a swipe at someone whom people suspect to be Claudine on Instagram. These supposed posts, however, are said to have already been already removed.

“Siguro kung may makaka-answer niyan, it's my titas and my mom themselves. I'm not in the right position,” abs-cbnNEWS.com quoted Julia to have said.

The 16-year-old nevertheless believes in the strength and resilience of the Barretto clan amid whatever setback comes their way.

She related, “I’m not affected… Marami na akong narinig na rumors, marami na kaming napagdaanan as a family, and we surpassed them all, and we're okay now. Whatever trial may come our way, for sure kaya naming lagpasan 'yon. We have to stay positive, life is too short!"

Last year, Claudine confirmed on national TV that she has reconciled with Gretchen following a spat.

These issues notwithstanding, Julia is determined to carve her own name in showbiz. She feels both the weight and advantage of being a showbiz royalty.

“You know what, think positive. I don't want to think about the disadvantage. There may be pressure, pero I will use this as an advantage para galingan kong umarte,” said the daughter of comedian Dennis Padilla.

In a previous interview, Julia said she wants to take a similar path to Claudine’s.

“Her teleserye, her movie, sobrang…‘yun ‘yong parang gusto kong (mga) project. Gusto ko rin kasi all around. I don’t want to stick to just one role na always the good girl. Siyempre gusto ko may parang pagka-bad girl, bida,” she related.
|||◄+--------| TFC Godfather circa 2003 |--------+►|||

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2013, 08:50:52 AM »
Julia Barretto and Julian Estrada Star in 'Wansapanataym' this April 27

Posted on April 24, 2013 | 7:07 PM

Newest Kapamilya teen stars Julia Barretto and Julian Estrada are set to grace the small screens together for the first time this Saturday (April 27) as they topbill the special episode of ABS-CBN’s award-winning fantasy-drama anthology “Wansapanataym.”

Julia Barretto and Julian Estrada Star in 'Wansapanataym' this April 27

“It feels good to be back in acting once again. I’ve missed it so much since it has been a long time already since I did my last project,” said Julia. “Aside from the lesson of the story in ‘Wansapanataym,’ I’ve also learned how to portray my role better.

According to Julian, he and his family are very excited for his first portrayal on TV. “My family has been very supportive to me. They always remind me to give my heart in everything I do,” he said.

Like Julia and Julian, TV viewers will surely learn a lot in the episode ‘Si Bokbok Ang Batang Mapanubok’ in “Wansapanataym” this Saturday. Julia will play the role of Bokbok’s (Clarence Delgado) sister Lily, while Julian will take of the role of the witch’s adopted son Ian.

Julia and Julian with Clarence Delgado and Mylene Dizon in Wansapanataym

Because of his disobedience, Bokbok will be captured by the witch Divina (Mylene Dizon) and will be used in her plans to steal from others. How will Lily and Ian help Bokbok to escape from the hands of Divina? Will they be able to teach Bokbok the importance of obeying elders?

Also in the ‘Si Bokbok Ang Batang Mapanubok’ episode is Arlene Muhlach. It was written by Ferdie Aguas and directed by Emmanuel Palo.

Don’t miss the storybook of Pinoy kids, “Wansapanataym” special this Saturday, after “Kapamilya: Deal or No Deal” in ABS-CBN.

For more Kapamilya updates follow/like BIDA KAPAMILYA on Twitter and Facebook.

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2013, 07:45:25 AM »
Julia Barretto Covers MEG Magazine May 2013 Issue - Her First Mag Cover!

Posted on April 25, 2013 | 6:23 PM

Teen idol and showbiz royalty Julia Barretto is on the cover of Meg Magazine May 2013 issue. Photographed by BJ Pascual with art direction by Mica Santos, Julia was styled by Rain Dagala and Portia Ladrido for her very first mag cover appearance.

Dubbed by Meg as "emerging star," Julia Barretto will talk about her close relationships with mom Marjorie, aunts and sisters, how she feels about being part of Star Magic Circle 2013, and how she balances her acting career with her life as a high school student.

Julia Barretto Covers MEG Magazine May 2013 Issue - Her First Mag Cover!

One of the most popular members of Star Magic Circle 2013, the 16-year-old Julia is about to prove that she's not just a pretty face but a talented actress to reckon. Her first acting stint will be the April 27 episode of Wansapanataym opposite another showbiz royal and co-Star Magic 2013 member, Julian Estrada.

Talks said that Julia will also be launched in full stardom via the remake of a classic film Cofradia, inspired by the famous story of Cinderella.

Don't forget to grab your copy of Meg magazine May 2013 issue with Julia Barretto on the cover, now available in stands nationwide for only P125.

For more Kapamilya updates follow/like BIDA KAPAMILYA on Twitter and Facebook.

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2013, 12:19:43 AM »
Claudine 'holding up well' amid controversy

ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 04/27/2013 11:05 PM | Updated as of 04/27/2013 11:20 PM

Claudine Barretto

MANILA, Philippines -- Amid the controversy involving her family members, Claudine Barretto is "holding up well," according to a long-time friend of the actress.

"It's a most difficult time but my friend, Claudine Barretto, is holding up well," Francis Simeon,  a friend of the 33-year-old actress' for 21 years now, said in a statement sent exclusively to "Showbiz Inside Report."

"She is grateful for the love and support of her true friends, her parents, Daddy Mike and Mommy Inday, sister Gia, her loyal Claudinians and her two most precious treasures, Sabina and Santino," said Simeon, who is also a writer for the entertainment magazine StarStudio.

Sabina and Santino are Claudine's children with husband Raymart, who has recently decided to live apart from the actress, according to her mother Inday in a statement released early this week.

Aside from her marital problems, Claudine is currently involved in a feud among her other celebrity sisters, Gretchen and Majorie, who both allegedly accused her of sabotaging the career of showbiz newcomer Julia Barretto.

Julia, the second daughter of Marjorie, was recently introduced as an artist of Star Magic, the ABS-CBN talent management firm that launched Claudine to stardom until her transfer to another network in 2009.

Early this week, in response to reports on the allegations, Inday released a statement denying Claudine's supposed plans to "block" Julia's road to stardom.

In the same statement, Inday announced she has disowned Gretchen "in order to save one who has always been there for all, and with all of her love…Claudine."

Subsequent statements made by two other Barretto siblings, Joaquin and Gia, addressed the issue. The latter sided with her mother and youngest sister, while Joaquin sided with Gretchen, saying Claudine's "condition" should be addressed.

According to Joaquin, Claudine was put in a hospital for a time, as decided by their parents, to address her mental health -- a matter denied by Inday.

In his statement released Saturday, Simeon said that his friend Claudine "draws strength from [her family and friends], and the Lord for standing by her, never forsaking her, believing in her even when the rest of the world thinks otherwise."

He added: "She continues to pray for wisdom and discernment and that things will be well in God's perfect time."

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2013, 08:25:30 AM »
JULIA THE BIGGEST WINNER

IT looks like Gretchen Barretto is bent to seal her lips  about  the scandal that is rocking her family now.

But some say maybe she’s just waiting for the right time to talk, knowing how vocal Gretchen is.

But the biggest winner, whatever happens to this case, is young actress Julia Barretto, Marjorie’s daughter, who is said to be one of the causes, among others, of the feud.

Now with Star Magic, Julia is described as one who has more potentials than Claudine when she was just an upstart.

Hala, kanya-kanyang  kampihan na. Well that’s what makes showbiz world go round.           

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2013, 05:46:19 AM »
The fracas within the warring Barretto Family will no doubt leave a bad taste in the mouth. We’re sure someday, they’ll regret all this and wish they acted with more discretion and had better sense to just discuss the issues in private.   But as one writer says: “Parang enjoy naman silang pinagpipistahan sila ng media at ng mga tsismosa.”

Gretchen’s mom Inday Barretto wrote an open letter to Ricky Lo denouncing Greta as a liar.

To quote some parts of the letter: “You claim Claudine said she will block Julia’s entry to Star Magic. Who did Claudine say it to… you? Or did you just make this up to put Claudine in trouble with Star Magic and make Julia’s big following angry with Claudine? You did that before. Besides, Julia is very much ‘in’ at Star Magic now.

“That Claudine said she is the only Teleserye Princess of ABS-CBN and will remain one ‘till eternity. Hah? Did she tell you that or did you make it up again to block her entry to an ABS-CBN project? First of all, Claudine was not a Teleserye Princess. She was ABS-CBN Teleserye Queen during her time, just like you were ST Queen during yours. Huwag mo naman gawing tanga ‘yung mga tao, Gretchen. They and we all know that Claudine holds no power over the industry!”

Mrs. Baretto, though, confirmed what Raymart Santiago has been denying, that he and Claudine have separated: “Raymart left home? Yes, it is true. For a cooling off period? Sana. But if God wills it to be permanent, huwag naman sana. But still, our life is not in our hands! So, Gretchen, do you also want to include God in your ‘bashing’ and drip your perfumed saliva for the misfortune of your sister? 

“Claudine has violent ways? Ay, talaga? Correct! Nagbabasag ng plato at tasa ‘yan; buti na lang plastic, hindi ‘yung regalo ni Pres. Erap sa wedding.

“I also witnessed you, Gretchen, ah! When you were throwing expensive plates and vases at that time I was called to go to your place because nagwawala ka and you were threatening to swallow pills. Do not call Claudine evil! Do not start giving away that title that belongs to you and you alone, now that it’s burning your palm and scarring your beautiful face.”

Gretchen’s brother, Joaquin or Jayjay, then joined the fray to defend her with his own letter from their own mom: “What bothers me most is that while she attacks my sister, Gretchen, and pictures her as evil personified, she seems to have forgotten the truth. Mom, as you have gone out of your way to answer the issues that Claudine ought to answer for herself, maybe it is high time to reflect on things and address these concerns as well.

“You have lifted Claudine on a pedestal as the teleserye queen and labelled Gretchen nothing but an ST queen. But who took over the role of her parents, worked at the age of 12 and gave up her education to put her siblings to school? Who put food on the table, paid for the rent, electricity and hospital bills when dad suffered from his heart condition at least two times? Did you ever once stop her from doing all that because you loved her and wanted to protect her just like what you are now doing for Claudine?

“We all know the truth about Claudine’s condition. May I remind you that it was you and dad who had her put in a hospital because you wanted to save her from destroying herself. Yes, Claudine is going through rough times. Again. And if you truly love her, then you should take concrete steps to save her rather than hitting Gretchen simply because she is standing up to Claudine.”

Another sister, Gia Barretto Reyes, based in Boston, USA, joined the fray and sent her own letter, siding with Claudine and saying: “I respect that you do not want to be part of our family. At this point, we welcome it.

“Not at any point do I ever recall us forcing you to be part of us but we have never also alienated you during the times when you wanted to be with us. Even during the times when you battled with one of us.

“I say us because you have time and time again made extreme efforts to push us — mom, dad and all of us — away.”

“You have hurt us in ways that put the word decency to shame, you have had no rules when you attacked us. If the attack were physical then it would be bearable. Bruises heal. But the attack has always been vicious, below the belt and so evil that the wound borne from it cannot heal.

“It is done repeatedly and unsparingly with permanent damage in mind. You have tried to put mom and dad to shame with empty allegations without thinking that you, whether you like it or not came from them. You ridicule them in front of friend, strangers and us. And, you expect us to just take it.”

We’re told Gretchen is just crying all day because of what’s happening to their family.

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2013, 05:48:27 AM »
Janella on IKAW NA with Kuya Boy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28ZaUgsZZ14

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2013, 07:04:03 AM »
Absurdities and hositilities

By RK Villacorta | Posted on May. 01, 2013 at 6:01pm | 133 views

If the fight between Rosanna Roces and her son son Onyok were physical, the Barretto hostilities involving Inday (mother) and siblings Gia, Claudine, Gretchen, Marjorie and Joaquin borders on the absurd.

It all started with the Claudine-Julia Barretto (Marjorie’s daughter who recently signed with ABS-CBN Star Magic) issue, in which the former allegedly said she would ruin her niece’s showbiz career and wouldn’t allow her to succeed in showbiz. Claudine, again allegedly, claimed she is the Queen of Drama in Kapamilya Network in her time there.

Secrets that the public don’t even know were exposed. Inday, in her recent statement, called her youngest daughter Claudine angelic while portraying daughter Gretchen as evil.

Family secrets have been revealed. Claudine, married to actor Raymart Santiago for the last seven years, revealed he has left home.

With dirty linens being laundered in public, the non-showbiz Barretto siblings (Joaquin who’s older than the three girls) could hold their horses no longer, so they might as well join the fray.

Joaquin, in a statement in defense of Gretchen, stated that before Christmas in 2012, their family discussed Claudine’s health issues and that she needed to go to a rehab center in White Plains in Quezon City for a special treatment that would last for more than a year.

Joaquin plays “bodyguard cum driver” since the time Gretchen joined showbiz and he claims he knows her sister very well.

“She works hard for the family,” Joaquin said. “She goes to work from morning till dawn just to bring food on the table and support her siblings to school at an early age. She made a lot of sacrifices for the sake of the family.”

Isn’t this turning into a circus? My, my! Am I not glad my family isn’t Barretto?

josejoshua

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2013, 07:17:44 PM »
Yung nasa Wansapanataym ba na meron ang Star Magic Bacth 2013, pairing ba yun nila para sa iba o upcoming projects nila???

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2013, 01:30:08 AM »
Yung nasa Wansapanataym ba na meron ang Star Magic Bacth 2013, pairing ba yun nila para sa iba o upcoming projects nila???
Nope none of them are official but they just want them to work with each other at this time.