Welcome, Kapamilya. Please or

Author Topic: HERO TV to stop broadcasting on January 31, 2018 after 12 years.  (Read 12384 times)

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
Re: HERO TV to stop broadcasting on January 31, 2018 after 12 years.
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2018, 09:36:22 AM »
From "Red Mendoza's The Notebook", again.

"Now, there are some people who say that Hero TV's removal was not a removal, and instead, rumors are abound that the channel will undergo a "facelift" to not just target anime fans, but to also target e-sports and the "geek" audience and a possibility that some shows will be airing on IwanTV, or even make it as a channel using the platform of IWanTV.

Let me tell you one thing, I think ABS-CBN is stupid to pull the channel out of its satellite air and give it a year to "rehash" and to think about new programming concepts. I am not buying it, plain and simple.

Hero TV died because of the network's plain stupidity, the network died in vain, and no other replacement channel will replace what Hero did.

Especially if the replacement channel will be run and micromanaged by the same network meddlers that closed off Hero TV.
"

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2018, 03:39:29 PM »
https://www.animepilipinas.com/2018/02/09/abs-cbn-hero-revamps-digital-portal/

ABS-CBN’s HERO revamps as a “digital portal”
New online service to produce pop-culture content through website and social media platforms, but no plans to stream anime shows online.
©Anime Pilipinas

A week after the Filipino language anime channel HEROtv closed its doors, their social media accounts has officially announced that the anime channel will now be revamped into a “digital portal”, which will now be known simply as HERO.

It is unclear if the new online service will be handled by the same staff of the anime channel or ABS-CBN has installed a new team to handle the digital assets, but Anime Pilipinas understands that some of the channel’s staff may be absorbed by other departments of the network.

After some confusion from their followers, HERO has released a more detailed explanation on Thursday about the revamp.

The new service explains that the decision to keep HERO as an online brand is because it “presented opportunities for different institutions to easily reach individuals around the world.”

The service also adds that they plan to produce anime, pop-culture and gaming contents using its social media accounts, YouTube channel and a new website, but it’s still unclear what kind of content they plan to present.

Unfortunately, the new digital portal “will not be airing anime titles anymore”, which shuts down any speculation that the defunct channel will transform into a video on-demand service.

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2018, 05:04:57 PM »
More Bad News for the Kapamilya Anime viewers (aside from the Pinoy Anime BARANGAY 143 now with GMA) and here comes another new reason why Hero TV is gone forever (and why TV Plus can't have 2 dedicated Anime Channels at the same time.)

http://abscbnpr.com/more-choices-for-filipinos-with-five-new-abs-cbn-tvplus-channels/

More choices for Filipinos with five new ABS-CBN TVplus channels

More entertainment choices await Filipino families as ABS-CBN TVplus, the country’s pioneering digital terrestrial television (DTT), launches five new channels in Metro Manila, Rizal, Cavite, Laguna, and Metro Cebu on Monday, July 30.

Adding to its current channel line-up are two new exclusive channels—Asianovela Channel and Movie Central—plus MYX, Jeepney TV, and O Shopping.

O Shopping, a home TV shopping channel, will be accessible permanently free of charge, while the other four new channels will be on free trial until Dec 31, 2018.

“We believe that every Filipino should be given the opportunity to enjoy quality content at home. Our five new exclusive channels not only empower families, but also ring true to our core mission to deliver more quality and exciting choices to our Kapamilyas,” Chinky Alcedo, head of ABS-CBN digital terrestrial television said.

Asianovela Channel is the first and only channel on digital free TV that will feature classic and blockbuster Asian dramas and movies, all dubbed in Filipino and uncut.

Viewers can expect award-winning and popular TV series such as “Goblin,” “Love in the Moonlight,” “Sensory Couple,” and more to hit the ‘mahiwagang black box’ soon.

Meanwhile, Movie Central, the first all-English movie channel of ABS-CBN on TVplus, will give families a daily dose of Hollywood blockbusters in their original language and in various genres to give every member of the family choices.

From cable television, the 24/7 Jeepney TV comes to ABS-CBN TVplus to give families a chance to go down memory lane as it airs a rich collection of classic and well-loved Kapamilya shows. It will also give them daily catch-up viewing of same-day episodes of “Magandang Buhay,” “It’s Showtime,” and “ASAP.”

Music-loving Kapamilyas can tune in to MYX, the number one music channel in the country initially exclusive on cable, with its mix of OPM and international music videos airing 24/7.

Shopping from their very own homes is now possible for TVplus families with O Shopping, one of the top home TV shopping networks in Asia that features an array of products including electronics, health, travel, and more.

These new channels give families value for money because, for the price of only P1499, they can already enjoy more quality content without the monthly fee.

Alcedo hopes that the new exclusive channels will further entice more Filipinos to make the big switch to digital TV as the government mandated 2023 deadline for the country to migrate to digital looms closer. A total of 5.5 million ABS-CBN TVplus boxes are now in Filipino homes nationwide and continues to grow.

“Hopefully more Filipinos will begin to appreciate the life-changing benefits of DTT with our new offerings. We’ll do the best we can to continue to lead DTT penetration in the country,” she added.

Meanwhile, other areas in the rest of Luzon and VisMin can look forward to enjoying the new channels, as ABS-CBN TVplus will roll out these new channels to the rest of DTT coverage areas soon.

ABS-CBN TVplus has enabled Filipino households to enjoy the perks of DTT with over half of Metro Manila homes watching television on digital broadcast, according to surveys by Pulse Asia (51%) and SWS (56%) in March. It is also one of the digital properties of ABS-CBN as the network transitions into an agile digital company.

Since 2015, ABS-CBN TVplus has transformed the way Filipinos watch television as it delivers clear picture and crisp sound without any monthly and installation fee, supporting the government’s mandate for the full shift from analog to DTT by 2023.

ABS-CBN TVplus signal coverage areas include Metro Manila, Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Pangasinan, Rizal, Laguna, Pampanga, Tarlac, Benguet, Cavite, Metro Cebu, Cagayan De Oro, Iloilo, Bacolod, and Davao.

For more information, visit tvplus.abs-cbn.com or follow ABS-CBN TVplus on Facebook.

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2018, 05:22:11 PM »
Paolo M. @PaoloBozu (twitter)
If @myHEROnation channel was still alive today. I'm sure it will be added on ABS CBN TV plus on free trial just like with Asianovela Channel, Jeepney TV, MYX etc...but here we are no more

Samkushman

• View Profile
Welcome to eBluejay, your free online marketplace.
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2018, 02:05:12 PM »
We launched blujay.com in 2005 with the goal of allowing sellers to keep as much of their hard earned money as possible by not charging any final value fees. While other websites "tax" your profits through final value fees, listing fees, extra feature fees or monthly fees, we do the opposite. Our goal is for you to keep what the others want to take.
With eBluejay.com we are launching the 2nd generation Free marketplace while maintaining the original advertising model. The partial list of new features:

•   Easily import and manage items in your store, Bulk Load items with pictures
•   Accept payments via PayPal and Stripe (Credit Cards)
•   Sell Digital Goods with delivery by download
•   Shipping calculators for USPS, Fedex & UPS
•   Customize your store's categories, images, and store policies
•   Decorate your listings with HTML or use templates to help layout your items
•   Integrated marketing tools to help sell your items
•   Customer management tools
•   One time $10 sign up used for verifying seller account information
•   No Final Value Fees, No Listing Fees, No Other Fees whatsoever, Forever!
Do not hesitate to email us or call for further information please contact at any time contact:[email protected] |Whatsapp: +44 (753) 718 2633 |website.... https://ebluejay.com

Samkushman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2018, 02:06:10 PM »
We launched blujay.com in 2005 with the goal of allowing sellers to keep as much of their hard earned money as possible by not charging any final value fees. While other websites "tax" your profits through final value fees, listing fees, extra feature fees or monthly fees, we do the opposite. Our goal is for you to keep what the others want to take.
With eBluejay.com we are launching the 2nd generation Free marketplace while maintaining the original advertising model. The partial list of new features:

•   Easily import and manage items in your store, Bulk Load items with pictures
•   Accept payments via PayPal and Stripe (Credit Cards)
•   Sell Digital Goods with delivery by download
•   Shipping calculators for USPS, Fedex & UPS
•   Customize your store's categories, images, and store policies
•   Decorate your listings with HTML or use templates to help layout your items
•   Integrated marketing tools to help sell your items
•   Customer management tools
•   One time $10 sign up used for verifying seller account information
•   No Final Value Fees, No Listing Fees, No Other Fees whatsoever, Forever!
Do not hesitate to email us or call for further information please contact at any time contact:[email protected] |Whatsapp: +44 (753) 718 2633 |website.... https://ebluejay.com

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2018, 10:22:53 PM »
Paolo M. @PaoloBozu
TBH I don't understand ABS CBN anymore. They are going cold turkey with their anime viewers (I know a lot will say "Go to Yey! channel, they have anime there" but can Yey! air Keijo, The Asterisk War or A certain magical index?...I guess not)

Reginawab

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2018, 09:45:30 AM »
Easy way!

Заработок денег дома!
Заработок денег дома! Earning money at home! 
Узнай сейчас!

Earning money at home!

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2018, 03:48:36 PM »
More Bad News in the next few months.

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2018, 11:31:16 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/notes/red-mendozas-the-notebook/the-new-iwant-part-2-we-want-anime-on-the-new-iwant/2126647764072273/

The New @IWant Part 2: We want #Anime on the new #IWant
©Red Mendoza's The Notebook (October 25, 2018)

On the first part of our commentary about the new IWant TV, which will be called #IWant before the year ends, we discussed what will be the cosmetic changes on the platform and their plans for original content in an effort to not only just become a BVOD and live streaming platform, but to become the country’s home for original OTT content.

Now,  allow me to make a pitch to the executives who are handling the project on the content side, as it will be the most important aspect of the service and will be the major factor of its overall success to its promised target market, which is the millennial, mobile-first and social media embedded viewer.

If ABS-CBN wants to capture that new audience that they plan to target on their revitalized platform, they should not focus on creating content that has been the staple of ABS’s terrestrial fare. I know that the mobile-first and social media reliant viewer is now fed up with the current format of teleseryes and variety shows.

Their target market has been weaned on Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HOOQ and iflix. They want TV series and movies that breaks the mold, makes them think, and creates interesting conversations among their peers. They want to be challenged, they want to be different, they want to be unique.

And for me, the only content that surely fits the bill is Japanese Anime.

Now, before you can tell me to my face that “is that the only content you can think of?”. Allow me to tell you why I am pushing for Japanese anime to be a part of the service.

Anime fans had been treated as second-class citizens by the denizens of broadcast TV. The Carlo Katigbaks, Mark Lopezes, Henry Gozons, Jimmy Duavits, and Chot Reyeses of the industry do not think of us anime fans as a serious market that is a force to be reckoned with. Heck, ABS-CBN killed off Hero TV on SKYcable and instead, pushed most of its resources on an another sports channel (LIGA) which is just a redundant version of ABS-CBN Sports and Action!

Look at HERO now, it has just become a mishmash site under the ABS-CBN Lifestyle Ecosystem Group, which at this moment, is still looking for its identity as a digital destination for pop culture. (Hello Ces Orena-Drilon!).

Which is why foreign channels like Animax Asia and Aniplus Asia are now filling the void for Anime fans for their anime fix. And while we commend and laud them for bringing to us the best and latest anime series fast-tracked from Japan, It is only available via English subtitles.

I won’t diss the choice of some people who would prefer watching anime on English subtitles, as this will reignite again the issue of ‘subs versus dubs’, but watching anime on the language other than Japanese or English sounds more pleasing and sounds more perfect, and, in my opinion, adds to the gloss of the title.

I have been a long believer of Filipino dubbing, because it not only makes anime closer to a much more wider audience, but it makes the characters connect to the audience in a dimension that is never seen before.

The death of Hero TV (presumably by ABS-CBN’s murderous cost cutters) left anime fans struggling to watch Filipino dubbed anime shows on YeY, which, for all intents and purposes, is just a kiddies channel. Again, as I have reiterated time and again in my previous posts, who in his right sane mind would watch an anime, targeted mostly for teenagers, to a channel that shows pre-school and kids fare?

Given that ABS-CBN made more focus on its Asianovela Channel on DTT (heck, even giving recognition to koreaboo groups with a partnership signing shtick), It is now high time for ABS-CBN to give anime fans a chance to show what we got, and by investing anime series to air exclusively on the IWant platform gives us the chance to watch the best anime series, in Filipino dubbing and in High Definition, in the comfort of our own laptops, tablets, mobile devices, and even connected TV’s.

ABS-CBN has made a start with Your Name being the first animated movie being available on the service after its airing, that is why am very much hopeful that the broadcaster should now consider adding anime series on IWant’s new iteration.

Anime is a perfect content for millennials to hook up on, as it is unique, diverse, and above all, different.

I have thought about ABS-CBN possibly replying to this post and telling me “We have tried that with Hero TV and it did not work, so what would be the difference now”?

My answer can be summed up into this.

“That’s why you named your service ‘IWant’. We anime fans want to watch anime on the service, anytime, anywhere, and on any device”.

And hopefully, ABS-CBN gives us what Anime Fans have been wanting for so long.

/fstn