Welcome, Kapamilya. Please or

Author Topic: ABS-CBN's 2013 Summer Station ID: 'Kwento Ng Summer Natin'  (Read 10691 times)

erzo01

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 01:55:51 PM by TFC Godfather »

erzo01

Re: ABS-CBN's 2013 summer station ID
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 12:48:39 PM »
ABS-CBN's 2013 summer station ID

Posted at 04/07/2013 12:29 PM

ABS-CBN's highly anticipated summer station ID debuted on Sunday during the concert variety program "ASAP 18."

The summer station ID carries the theme "Kwento ng Summer Natin," with Sam Milby and Angeline Quinto performing the theme song.

For this year, the network is going down memory lane decade by decade as it relives the biggest shows and pop culture trends over the past 60 years, with Kapamilya stars bringing back the most popular programs that have left a mark on Filipinos over the years.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/entertainment/04/07/13/abs-cbns-2013-summer-station-id

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
Re: ABS-CBN's 2013 summer station ID
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 01:53:40 PM »
Thoughts mga Kapamilya?
|||◄+--------| TFC Godfather circa 2003 |--------+►|||

erzo01

Re: ABS-CBN's 2013 Summer Station ID: 'Kwento Ng Summer Natin'
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 02:38:22 PM »
Di ako sanay na wala si Kris. Siya kadalasan kasi yung nasa bandang dulo ng ID. Iba pa rin ang star power niya (regardless sa mga issues na binabato sa kanya).

Aside from Jessy's solo moment and Ejay's prominent spot dun sa PBB big winners sequence, parang di masyado plugged dito yung stars ng upcoming shows nila. (Ayyy wait, Juday appeared on the latter part just before Ma'am Charo.)

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 02:49:23 PM »
I have to agree with you erzo. There wasn't much of the focus on the upcoming shows or a flow to the song. I understand the message of the ID but it wasn't the 'catchy-ist' of other Summer Station IDs.

It was more of a Hodge-podge of Kapamilya talents just tied into the Kapamilya's colorful past.

I was surprised not to see many artists especially the SIR hosts in it either. I was disappointed that we didn't even get a glimpse of some of the newer Kapamilya like Diana Zubiri, Meg Imperial, Yam Concepcion or our new Annaliza, Andrea Brillantes.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 02:52:19 PM by TFC Godfather »

erzo01

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 09:41:15 PM »
^ At least Diana was in the Christmas ID.

Hmmm, seeing Jason Abalos having a solo turn in the Baywatch sequence, does it also mean na something big is coming up for him this year with his decision to stay put in the Kapamilya turf?

billicent_1219

• I sing, dance, write stories, play piano & guitar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 10:50:43 PM »
I have to agree with you erzo. There wasn't much of the focus on the upcoming shows or a flow to the song. I understand the message of the ID but it wasn't the 'catchy-ist' of other Summer Station IDs.

It was more of a Hodge-podge of Kapamilya talents just tied into the Kapamilya's colorful past.

I was surprised not to see many artists especially the SIR hosts in it either. I was disappointed that we didn't even get a glimpse of some of the newer Kapamilya like Diana Zubiri, Meg Imperial, Yam Concepcion or our new Annaliza, Andrea Brillantes.

Baka gayahin to ng GMA, with throwbacks of Agujetas de Color de Rosa, My MVP Valentine among others.

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 11:37:48 PM »
^ At least Diana was in the Christmas ID.

Hmmm, seeing Jason Abalos having a solo turn in the Baywatch sequence, does it also mean na something big is coming up for him this year with his decision to stay put in the Kapamilya turf?
That's true about Diana. It would have been nice to see her here as well as the other new faces in ABS-CBN.

Well he already has appeared on the Paraiso finale, next is Juan dela Cruz then a lead role on Maria Mercedes. Seems like the wise decision to remain on ABS right now, wouldn't you agree?

dudejca

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 01:56:32 AM »
Love the Summer ID! It's definitely more different than year's pasts, but I really love how the nostalgia tied in with the best Kapamilya stars together. It wasn't too overwhelming and the Kwento ng Summer Natin song wasn't used for the whole thing which was okay. The opening took a little while, but everything tied in well in the middle of the ID. This station ID makes me so proud to be a Kapamilya! :D

Still waiting for the summer ID to premiere on TFC.

erzo01

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 12:13:54 PM »
And kinda wow lang how Angelica went full circle. Yung pinakita muna siya sa ODB ng Ang TV before showing her with the new generation of Kapamilya child stars. Sana nga lang sinamantala nila at dinagdag din yung ibang Ang TV cast na Kapamilya pa rin.

And yung kay JLC, for a moment akala ko dating Tabing Ilog cast ang kasama niya.

Point being, sana nilubus-lubos na ang nostalgia dun sa ibang sequences. Hehehe!

billicent_1219

• I sing, dance, write stories, play piano & guitar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 01:54:07 PM »
And kinda wow lang how Angelica went full circle. Yung pinakita muna siya sa ODB ng Ang TV before showing her with the new generation of Kapamilya child stars. Sana nga lang sinamantala nila at dinagdag din yung ibang Ang TV cast na Kapamilya pa rin.

And yung kay JLC, for a moment akala ko dating Tabing Ilog cast ang kasama niya.

Point being, sana nilubus-lubos na ang nostalgia dun sa ibang sequences. Hehehe!

Yeah, Lindsay Custodio for example?

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 06:35:18 PM »

I was really hoping to see Kaye, Baron, Desiree and a few of the TI cast would have been part of it but it was nice seeing Lloydy there.

I just wish there was an actual song than just a jingle in the background.

aizicles

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 11:26:45 PM »
I thought I was the only one with the same sentiment about the new summer station id..actually napanood ko na sya nung saturday online..buti na lang cuz tfc cut it off sa asap and i dont know why they did that!  >:(

Anyway, it was nice pero talagang may kulang. I was expecting na yung mga stars with new shows mapakita like dugong buhay casts, analiza, etc.

I mean gets ko namana ng concept kaya lang yun nga if that was the case then they should bring the old casts na rin di ba..

but overall, creative naman sya and di rin naman biro ang gumawa ng ganya so kudos na rin =)

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 06:01:58 AM »
I thought I was the only one with the same sentiment about the new summer station id..actually napanood ko na sya nung saturday online..buti na lang cuz tfc cut it off sa asap and i dont know why they did that!  >:(

Anyway, it was nice pero talagang may kulang. I was expecting na yung mga stars with new shows mapakita like dugong buhay casts, analiza, etc.

I mean gets ko namana ng concept kaya lang yun nga if that was the case then they should bring the old casts na rin di ba..

but overall, creative naman sya and di rin naman biro ang gumawa ng ganya so kudos na rin =)
Yup, there was no song, it was a jingle that was more fodder than an actual ABS-CBN Station ID.

Yup I was expecting pomp and circumstance with these but they were all just memories of shows from the past except Maria Mercedes.

So many stars missing... hope they have alternate versions soon.

dudejca

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 10:16:49 AM »
Well I hope they're making alternates like you said, with more stars and "TFC" stars like how they did last year. I don't think there will be a problem if they make alternate versions, at least the viewers will have not just one version to watch for the whole summer. (Still... TFC hasn't aired the ID yet, no clue why!)