Welcome, Kapamilya. Please or

Author Topic: Got To Believe (August 26, 2013 – March 7, 2014)  (Read 687820 times)

RoyalFlush372

• View Profile
Re: Got To Believe (OT)
« Reply #2280 on: January 10, 2014, 05:25:00 AM »
Oh, no, I"m not making offensive comments here sa thread, pramis.  What ever makes you think that?

I just thought G2B getting extended is not something I would be too excited about.  The planned length for the show would have been enough for me, but I guess we must not break with tradition. I'm not being offensive, am I?

That's the impression I get whenever you post something here. So nega lang kasi.

Anyway, well, if that's the plan for G2B so be it. I am fine with it. Just think of it na lang na mas hahaba ba ang trabaho ng mga tao behind it. Of course after this project, no work na naman sila. So hayaan na. Nakakatulong sya sa economy ng Philippines.

Oh, is that so? Or maybe sensitive ka lang, no offense.

Well, I thought the show would only run until February but now it got extended until March? So much for the plan.

They can make many shorter length shows, back to back together which would have the same effect as keeping the people stay busy at work, that is also good for the economy of the PH.

I am not being sensitive. Naiinis ako sa mga negative na tao. Maybe you should also be sensitive to other people's feelings. Siguro kung sa'yo rin naman gawin maooffend ka rin..so kung ayaw mong gawin sayo eh di don't do it to others. Just being real here. Ako rin naman I can be blunt and all but I also think before I speak. Every time you want to say something, you should always ask yourself "would I get offended if someone said this to me?"

Paalala lang naman. Siguro naman you were raised well to be more sensitive to other people's feelings.

Anyway, well, 6 months is not that long to be honest with you. I don't know how old you are but back in the day, teleseryes ran for years..it was so long that it got boring then so we should be glad that teleseryes nowadays are not that lengthy.

I think it's all part of the experience participating in a forum such as this. Sometimes there is "negativity" and at other times it's all for fun talking about last night's episode.  You have to learn to take in the good along with the bad sometimes. And "negativity" isn't necessarily a bad thing cos it gives the writers an idea what they are doing right or doing wrong.  If everybody are all a yes-man then there would be no way to point out something that you are in disagreement with. Someone has got to say that the emperor has no clothes on sometime,  But if you can't handle that then I think you can always return to combat mode. But seriously, I think you are being a little overly protective of this show.  I think you need to lossen up a bit cos you tend to get ticked off easily with minor little things.  I still think extension isn't something that I would be too crazy about. Longer running teleserye of the past that was intended to run that long is, well, just that, long running teleserye.  But if you planned to have a show to be aired at a certain length of time then they should better stick with the plan and not keep on entending it.  It would be understandable though if the extension would be short like about a week or so but it isn't so, and it's beginning to be a habit by makers of teleserye.  Not good.

aizicles

• View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: January 10, 2014, 06:03:27 AM »
Oh, no, I"m not making offensive comments here sa thread, pramis.  What ever makes you think that?

I just thought G2B getting extended is not something I would be too excited about.  The planned length for the show would have been enough for me, but I guess we must not break with tradition. I'm not being offensive, am I?

That's the impression I get whenever you post something here. So nega lang kasi.

Anyway, well, if that's the plan for G2B so be it. I am fine with it. Just think of it na lang na mas hahaba ba ang trabaho ng mga tao behind it. Of course after this project, no work na naman sila. So hayaan na. Nakakatulong sya sa economy ng Philippines.

Oh, is that so? Or maybe sensitive ka lang, no offense.

Well, I thought the show would only run until February but now it got extended until March? So much for the plan.

They can make many shorter length shows, back to back together which would have the same effect as keeping the people stay busy at work, that is also good for the economy of the PH.

I am not being sensitive. Naiinis ako sa mga negative na tao. Maybe you should also be sensitive to other people's feelings. Siguro kung sa'yo rin naman gawin maooffend ka rin..so kung ayaw mong gawin sayo eh di don't do it to others. Just being real here. Ako rin naman I can be blunt and all but I also think before I speak. Every time you want to say something, you should always ask yourself "would I get offended if someone said this to me?"

Paalala lang naman. Siguro naman you were raised well to be more sensitive to other people's feelings.

Anyway, well, 6 months is not that long to be honest with you. I don't know how old you are but back in the day, teleseryes ran for years..it was so long that it got boring then so we should be glad that teleseryes nowadays are not that lengthy.

I think it's all part of the experience participating in a forum such as this. Sometimes there is "negativity" and at other times it's all for fun talking about last night's episode.  You have to learn to take in the good along with the bad sometimes. And "negativity" isn't necessarily a bad thing cos it gives the writers an idea what they are doing right or doing wrong.  If everybody are all a yes-man then there would be no way to point out something that you are in disagreement with. Someone has got to say that the emperor has no clothes on sometime,  But if you can't handle that then I think you can always return to combat mode. But seriously, I think you are being a little overly protective of this show.  I think you need to lossen up a bit cos you tend to get ticked off easily with minor little things.  I still think extension isn't something that I would be too crazy about. Longer running teleserye of the past that was intended to run that long is, well, just that, long running teleserye.  But if you planned to have a show to be aired at a certain length of time then they should better stick with the plan and not keep on entending it.  It would be understandable though if the extension would be short like about a week or so but it isn't so, and it's beginning to be a habit by makers of teleserye.  Not good.

Well, I don't know about you but it seems like you're the only one who is so negative here. I mean look at the comments of everyone. Kahit yang si Billi minsan napipikon ako pero he doesn't sound so negative and attacking like you..ikaw ewan ko ba napakanega mo...and DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO here. I aint trying to be a prude or anything like that but alam mo nakakabadvibes ka kasi dito sa thread namin. Some people are just brushing you off but I ain't like that. And being part German..that's our trait. I won't be sitting here and say nothing.

Anyway, it's such a good year already so I don't want to be spoiled by some petty crap like this.

Well, the show was originally aired till Feb. they extended it to March for Kath's debut. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Like I said, pag naextend then people will have jobs. Sana isipin mo rin yun kasi siguro kung ikaw ang nasa position nila, you would want an extension so you can still have a job.

And plus, marami syang advertisers.

4Yondaime4

• View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: January 10, 2014, 09:56:38 AM »
with Joaquin planning on removing the bullet from his head and if he does go through with it still gonna go with we could be seeing an amnesia twist again it not something along those lines because it is the the area around the brain we are talking about something is bound to happen both positive and negative with a procedure like that especially its a tv show and needs an "extending" till march

RoyalFlush372

• View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: January 10, 2014, 10:18:13 AM »
@aizicles,

Masyado mo lang siguro binibaby ang show na ito kaya lahat negative sa iyo kung ang comment ay hindi pasa sa kagustuhan mo?

I was only gonna post some one liner on here and then get the hell out, and the other people have the good sense to just let it be, but you on the other hand can not seem to do so, but anyway, nice playing with you.

You know u shouldn't use the "mawawalan sila ng trabaho" kung hindi iextend kasi hindi naman very convincing eh.

Anyway, I thought the last episode where Chichay and Joaquin was goofing off at the beginning was cute and also the scene where they are looking at the moon side by side together is romantic.  They need to have more scenes like that and maybe some kissing part.

RoyalFlush372

• View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: January 10, 2014, 10:31:07 AM »
Here's how the amnesia angle might turned out to be... one possible scenario.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH_Rm4upHB4

aizicles

• View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: January 10, 2014, 10:45:09 AM »
@aizicles,

Masyado mo lang siguro binibaby ang show na ito kaya lahat negative sa iyo kung ang comment ay hindi pasa sa kagustuhan mo?

I was only gonna post some one liner on here and then get the hell out, and the other people have the good sense to just let it be, but you on the other hand can not seem to do so, but anyway, nice playing with you.

You know u shouldn't use the "mawawalan sila ng trabaho" kung hindi iextend kasi hindi naman very convincing eh.

Anyway, I thought the last episode where Chichay and Joaquin was goofing off at the beginning was cute and also the scene where they are looking at the moon side by side together is romantic.  They need to have more scenes like that and maybe some kissing part.

Hindi naman..I just like the show. And I really love Kathniel lang.

What I meant about mawawalan ng trabaho is after G2B is the staff will not have another job until the next project. I know because I know someone who works in the production. That's why I said that.

I haven't seen the episode yet kasi I have work. The kissing scene will probably happen in the end kasi di pa 18 si Kath. *crossing fingers

I can only share what I can kasi di ko puwedeng sabihin..hehe

Kogi

« Reply #2286 on: January 10, 2014, 11:00:31 AM »
This is gonna be a long post and its not that positive but more of a rant/sona. Please be open minded =)

Objectively speaking, I don't think this is a very unique and awesome show as what some fans make it to be, it follows the same structure of old Korean romantic comedies, boy meets girl (of different class), parents force them to seperate, boy/girl refuses, boy/girl leaves after a threat, reunite, etc.

Maybe because G2B is more Koreanovela-esque than normal teleserye-esque that non-kdrama viewers find it very refreshing and keep praising the show and ignoring its flaws. I really liked the show at the start but I don't see how its gonna go until March (please forbid a kidnapping arc) I might be able to handle an amnesia arc though since we haven't really used that twist that much in our recent dramas and an amnesia arc is interesting, if done right.

Don't get me wrong I don't hate the show, but I too don't like the idea of extending it, because it could have done so good as a short-series (if the story had a faster pacing and focused on the main OTP rather than family issues, since this was after all dubbed as a "romantic" series) It's risky because it might go down the same route of other teleseryes and would just ruin such a "fresh" show (like what sadly happened to MBG).

But at least this show has changed the face of Philippines dramas and moved on from the usual teleserye storylines which is why its more nice to watch than ABS' current drama lineup consisting of recycled storylines glamorised to make it look different when it is really not (This is the only local show I haven't dropped honestly)

I'm hoping that March is the last extension and that we get a solid twist to occupy the extension and not just some random fillers/cliche arcs. G2B fighting!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 11:59:21 AM by Kogi »

chanel015

• View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: January 10, 2014, 11:28:07 AM »
pure love..unconditional love..what will happen to the person who put his life at risk for the sake of his undying love for a girl.....is she worth it?... is she willing to give her life also just for him to prove that she deserve to fight for their love with each other?...if this gonna happen maybe the conserve viewers affect with their situation.... because man in nature...is "born to love and to be love".... and whose not finding their true and pure love in real essence of the world.

the character of Joaquin is the most lovable one.....  that every woman dreaming of.... kayang ibigay lahat para sa minamahal..... sa mga mangyayari alam kung marami ang ma aapektuhan at maawa sa kanya dahil sa nagawa niya....kung paano siya magmahal... at sa darating ng mga eksena marami din a maiyak.

RoyalFlush372

• View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: January 10, 2014, 01:05:43 PM »
Objectively speaking, I don't think this is a very unique and awesome show as what some fans make it to be, it follows the same structure of old Korean romantic comedies, boy meets girl (of different class), parents force them to seperate, boy/girl refuses, boy/girl leaves after a threat, reunite, etc.

I think this isn't a uniquely korean story structure.  I think it is  more of a common theme in many Filipino Movies and Dramas especially from past movies and dramas, from the black and white era of Philippine television to the present.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 01:21:46 PM by RoyalFlush372 »

Kogi

« Reply #2289 on: January 10, 2014, 01:10:19 PM »
pustahan tayo meron pa sigurong extension?
hahaha LOL nakakatokat man, pero most likely *bangs head on wall* I'm slowly losing interest so please give us a new solid story arc and not just possible new "lovers" I don't find Yves' addition threatening to Chichay and Joaquin; its no different from a filler.

RoyalFlush372

• View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: January 10, 2014, 01:12:36 PM »

anong "hehe" diyan? meron ka bang alam na  kilig to the max na scene? yung super passionate kiss that last a minute or more?

aizicles

• View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: January 10, 2014, 01:15:33 PM »

anong "hehe" diyan? meron ka bang alam na  kilig to the max na scene? yung super passionate kiss that last a minute or more?

basta! abangan mo na lang!

RoyalFlush372

• View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: January 10, 2014, 01:22:21 PM »

basta! abangan mo na lang!

pwede PM mo sa akin?

RoyalFlush372

• View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: January 10, 2014, 01:23:47 PM »
hahaha LOL nakakatokat man, pero most likely *bangs head on wall* I'm slowly losing interest so please give us a new solid story arc and not just possible new "lovers" I don't find Yves' addition threatening to Chichay and Joaquin; its no different from a filler.

would it be more interesting siguro kung talagang threatening si Yves kay Chichay and Joaquin.

Kogi

« Reply #2294 on: January 10, 2014, 01:35:51 PM »

would it be more interesting siguro kung talagang threatening si Yves kay Chichay and Joaquin.
No, not really since he obviously just entered for extension purposes. Maybe kung naandun na sya sa story since the start. Walang competition eh, obvious naman na si Chichay at si Joaquin ang magiging end game. I'd prefer amnesia over it; at least they will be "fighting" themselves dahil they will literally forget each other.