Sharon takes a break from TV
Posted at 02/08/2013 5:19 PM | Updated as of 02/08/2013 5:34 PM
MANILA -- Sharon Cuneta is taking a break from television.
However, the 47-year-old singer belied speculations that this signals her return as a Kapamilya, after signing up as a talent of TV5 in late 2011.
"Gusto ko lang linawin 'yun, kasi iba-iba 'yung nakakarating sa akin na balita. There's no truth to that. So far, at least, there's no truth to that," Cuneta told ABS-CBN News on Thursday at the sidelines of the wedding ceremonies of singer Paolo Valenciano.
Early this week, Perci Intalan, TV5 vice-president for creative and entertainment production, acknowledged that Cuneta continues to be in good terms with ABS-CBN officials. "Pero hindi ko alam kung saan nanggagaling yung tsismis na she’s asking them to go back," he said.
On Thursday, Cuneta echoed Intalan's comment on her rumored ABS-CBN comeback.
"I have a contract with TV5. I keep in touch with sila Tita Charo (Santos-Concio) like I always have, so there's nothing wrong with that, I think, kasi pamilya ko pa rin naman kayo 'di ba?" she said.
Before she took up the reported P1-billion five-year contract offered by the No. 3 network, Cuneta was an ABS-CBN talent for over two decades.
Her last project as a Kapamilya was the first season of the reality TV show "The Biggest Loser: Pinoy Edition," which she hosted along with Derek Ramsay.
Her talk show aired on TV5, “Sharon, Kasamo Mo Kapatid," aired it last episode in January. Although there are new projects currently lined up for her, the veteran singer said she will be taking a break from showbiz to spend time with her family.
"I have shows lined up with TV5, pero pinag-aaralan mabuti muna. So I'm resting muna. I'm enjoying the time with my kids muna. I'm parang taking a break from TV muna," she said.