Welcome, Kapamilya. Please or

Author Topic: Pinoy Soap Operas 101 (OT)  (Read 28755 times)

Novaworldz

• View Profile
Re: Pinoy Soap Operas 101 (OT)
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2015, 07:33:29 AM »
This one is classic boy meets a girl or girl meets a boy thing, he/she ended up crushing on him/her then kapag mahawakan yung balikat either nakaharap or nasa likod that person always end up looking not at the person but the hand itself with "kilig" of some sort. I hope i make sense..lol..i always see this on a show and it never fails. 2 recent ones were Nathaniel when Jason Gainza bumped into his childhood crush Ingrid DeLa Paz. Also Oh My G, Gabby and Sophie. I don't see anything wrong with it but i see it quite often sa pinoy movie.

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2015, 01:20:33 AM »
This one is classic boy meets a girl or girl meets a boy thing, he/she ended up crushing on him/her then kapag mahawakan yung balikat either nakaharap or nasa likod that person always end up looking not at the person but the hand itself with "kilig" of some sort. I hope i make sense..lol..i always see this on a show and it never fails. 2 recent ones were Nathaniel when Jason Gainza bumped into his childhood crush Ingrid DeLa Paz. Also Oh My G, Gabby and Sophie. I don't see anything wrong with it but i see it quite often sa pinoy movie.
I kinda get what you are getting but I got lost, lol.

Boy meets girl... and then the lovestory begins?
|||◄+--------| TFC Godfather circa 2003 |--------+►|||

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2015, 01:23:44 AM »
PINOY SOAP OPERAS 101

1] No Body = Not Dead (TFC Godfather)
In Pinoy soaps, we see someone allegedly killed or murdered but where is the body? Are they really dead? More often than not, nope they are not dead. They will make a return later in the soap or have changed characters/faces (Case in point: Rita Avila/Black Lily/Eula Valdez on Walang Hanggan)

2] Cops are inept (well there general shooting skill that is)! (TFC Godfather)
In Pinoy soaps, we have cops and they try to do their job as protectors of the innocent. More often than not, they can't seem to shoot out tires and miss round after round on a getaway car. Where's that training in the Police Academy? 1 bullet can't flatten these amazing tires of the criminals? Cops can't get a proper blockade up or even show up in time.

3] DNA samples = Tainted! (TFC Godfather)
In Pinoy soaps, you'll get the much anticipated DNA reveal! More often than not, they get switched or defiled to continue storylines.

4] The White Van/Multi-cab = Syndicato/Kidnappers (TFC Godfather)
In Pinoy soaps, if you see an ominous white van appear in the background, more often than not its a syndicato trying to kidnap kids or just kidnappers (in general).

5] My Amnesia One (komitsu)
For the sake of extending the soaps storyline, the protagonist will be going through an accident then when he/she wake up...he/she doesn't have any memory of the past anymore. ( ex. Sarah of Kung Ako'y Iiwan mo, Jewel Fortalejo of Kristine Book 2, Angelo Buenevista of Pangako Sa  Iyo Book 2)

6] Since They Take My Child Away (komitsu)
The plot of a Pinoy soap always starts with a parent/s getting separated from his child. ( I don't  think I need to give example for this one hehe)

7] The Bermuda Triangle (komitsu)
I called this one the Bermuda Triangle. Commonly in Pinoy Soaps, the main conflict started from the Main Protagonist having a love triangle with her/his partner and the Main Antagonist. (ex. Amor- Eduardo-Claudia in Pangako Sa 'Yo , Sarah-Paul-Mia in Kung Ako'y Iiwan Mo, Esther-Elias-Victoria in Marina, Melanie-Noel-Cynthia in Walang Kapalit, Gabriel-Ruth-Judah in Noah )

8] I Envy You So Much I Wanna Get Rid Of You (komitsu)
Another common conflict starter, an envious Antagonist to the Protagonist. (ex. Megan to Aryana in Aryana, Clara to Mara in Mara Clara, Nathan to Daniel in Walang Hanggan, Alondra to Lora in MLKI, Bendita to Agua in Agua Bendita )

9] Poor and Rich Class Clash (TFC Godfather)
Another commonality in Pinoy teleseryes are the poor and rich class storylines. Normally its the poor clashing with the rich over money or land or when it comes to lovestories, the poor girl from the province is a maid and falls in love with the rich owner or heir to the thrown.

(ex: Too many to name like Maria La Del Barrio, Pangako Sa'yo, SWAN, Be Careful With My Heart)

10] Elderly Accidents (komitsu)
I cannot believe that this one was used again in Aryana.  Every time an elderly character found something about the secret or something bad that the antagonist did, somethin bad happens to them. (ex. Elnora in Aryana, Manang Henya in Walang Hanggan, Concordia in Reputasyon)

11] Song Titles as Series Titles (foreveryoung)
It's been done multiple times by every network in the Philippines. I guess its better than trying to come up with an original title.

12] Special Participation Characters (TFC Godfather)
Have you noticed the intro credits and the words 'special participation' in Filipino teleseryes? More often than not, those characters will die or they will no longer be needed in future episodes (age progression of characters). Some artistas that have done numerous 'special participation' roles are Christopher de Leon, Joel Torre, Philip Salvador and Angel Jacob).

13] Brothers and Sisters Pray For Us (JiggyBoy)
Pinoy Soap Operas story plots usually do revelations of characters such as the protagonist and antagonist are siblings. (Ina Kapatid Anak, Agua Bendita, Pangarap na Bituin, Aryana, Magkaribal, Mundo Man Ay Magunaw )

14] Good Character's Death brings Peace (niceguess)
Death of one beloved character brings reconciliation of enemies who-were-friends-before. (May Isang Pangarap, Ina Kapatid Anak, Walang Hanggan, etc.)

Add on mga Kapamilya!
This was fun back in the day, we have more active people now... any new contributions to this list?
Reposted for new page
|||◄+--------| TFC Godfather circa 2003 |--------+►|||

billicent_1219

• I sing, dance, write stories, play piano & guitar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2016, 04:03:47 PM »
Bakit pansin ko may inconsistencies sa medical-related scenes in recent dramas?

SeaMermaid

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2016, 12:36:43 AM »
Sana iremake yung Tbird at Ako. Sana sina Angel Locsin (Nora) At Anne Curtis (Vilma) ang gaganap. If sa movie, sana si Marian yung sa role ni Vilma. Pagsamama ng dalawang bigatin.

dhezcada

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2016, 04:50:14 PM »
Hope ipalabas na ung ALTA next year

komitsu

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2017, 07:56:19 PM »
I have addition for that one posted above:

The Cursed Pregnant Women = 8 out of 10 pregnant woman in soap operas will either suffer from miscarriage or they will simply have
bleeding, which I found very annoying and disturbing. Can't give examples for this, there's just too many lol. It was like our local
writers are very sadistic against pregnant women. Please, can't you just give a woman a nice and healthy pregnancy?

The Mistaken Culprit = The main protagonist will be setup by the antagonist, then puts into jail for the crime he/she didn't commit. Examples: Sara in Doble Kara, Cardo in FPJAP, Maningning in Prinsesa Ng Banyera, Katherine in Iisa Pa Lamang, Miguel in Bukas Na Lang
Kita Mamahalin. (From other network, Magkaibang Mundo and Sa Piling Ni Nanay has the same thing)

The Prison Break by the Protagonist = this is like a twin of the Mistaken Culprit. The protagonist will escape to clean up his/her name.
Examples? 5 out of 7 I mentioned above did it, including the ones from the other network's drama lol.

The Prison Break by the Antagonist = usually this one happens when the soap is nearing it's end, mostly on the finale week. The main antagonist is already imprisoned, but as what I called it, he/she will escape to wreck havoc for the last time.

The Cursed Cellphone - when people needs it the most, it's either out of coverage area (no signal) or dead battery lol. This one happens in movies too.

dhezcada

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2017, 11:20:49 AM »
I hope ipalabas na yung ALTA at yung WRITTEN IN OUR STARS