Welcome, Kapamilya. Please or

Author Topic: Pinoy Soap Operas 101 (OT)  (Read 25272 times)

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
Re: Pinoy Soap Operas 101 (OT)
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 09:58:54 PM »
1) No Body = Not Dead (TFC Godfather)
In Pinoy soaps, we see someone allegedly killed or murdered but where is the body? Are they really dead? More often than not, nope they are not dead. They will make a return later in the soap or have changed characters/faces (Case in point: Rita Avila/Black Lily/Eula Valdez on Walang Hanggan)

2) Cops are inept (well there general shooting skill that is)! (TFC Godfather)
In Pinoy soaps, we have cops and they try to do their job as protectors of the innocent. More often than not, they can't seem to shoot out tires and miss round after round on a getaway car. Where's that training in the Police Academy? 1 bullet can't flatten these amazing tires of the criminals? Cops can't get a proper blockade up or even show up in time.

3) DNA samples = Tainted! (TFC Godfather)
In Pinoy soaps, you'll get the much anticipated DNA reveal! More often than not, they get switched or defiled to continue storylines.

4) The White Van/Multi-cab = Syndicato/Kidnappers (TFC Godfather)
In Pinoy soaps, if you see an ominous white van appear in the background, more often than not its a syndicato trying to kidnap kids or just kidnappers (in general).

5) My Amnesia One (komitsu)
For the sake of extending the soaps storyline, the protagonist will be going through an accident then when he/she wake up...he/she doesn't have any memory of the past anymore. ( ex. Sarah of Kung Ako'y Iiwan mo, Jewel Fortalejo of Kristine Book 2, Angelo Buenevista of Pangako Sa  Iyo Book 2 )

6) Since They Take My Child Away (komitsu)
The plot of a Pinoy soap always starts with a parent/s getting separated from his child. ( I don't  think I need to give example for this one hehe)

7) The Bermuda Triangle (komitsu)
I called this one the Bermuda Triangle. Commonly in Pinoy Soaps, the main conflict started from the Main Protagonist having a love triangle with her/his partner and the Main Antagonist. (ex. Amor- Eduardo-Claudia in Pangako Sa 'Yo , Sarah-Paul-Mia in Kung Ako'y Iiwan Mo, Esther-Elias-Victoria in Marina, Melanie-Noel-Cynthia in Walang Kapalit, Gabriel-Ruth-Judah in Noah )

I Envy You So Much I Wanna Get Rid Of You (komitsu)
Another common conflict starter, an envious Antagonist to the Protagonist. (ex. Megan to Aryana in Aryana, Clara to Mara in Mara Clara, Nathan to Daniel in Walang Hanggan, Alondra to Lora in MLKI, Bendita to Agua in Agua Bendita )

Add on mga Kapamilya!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 10:05:00 PM by TFC Godfather »
|||◄+--------| TFC Godfather circa 2003 |--------+►|||

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 05:03:09 AM »
1] No Body = Not Dead (TFC Godfather)
In Pinoy soaps, we see someone allegedly killed or murdered but where is the body? Are they really dead? More often than not, nope they are not dead. They will make a return later in the soap or have changed characters/faces (Case in point: Rita Avila/Black Lily/Eula Valdez on Walang Hanggan)

2] Cops are inept (well there general shooting skill that is)! (TFC Godfather)
In Pinoy soaps, we have cops and they try to do their job as protectors of the innocent. More often than not, they can't seem to shoot out tires and miss round after round on a getaway car. Where's that training in the Police Academy? 1 bullet can't flatten these amazing tires of the criminals? Cops can't get a proper blockade up or even show up in time.

3] DNA samples = Tainted! (TFC Godfather)
In Pinoy soaps, you'll get the much anticipated DNA reveal! More often than not, they get switched or defiled to continue storylines.

4] The White Van/Multi-cab = Syndicato/Kidnappers (TFC Godfather)
In Pinoy soaps, if you see an ominous white van appear in the background, more often than not its a syndicato trying to kidnap kids or just kidnappers (in general).

5] My Amnesia One (komitsu)
For the sake of extending the soaps storyline, the protagonist will be going through an accident then when he/she wake up...he/she doesn't have any memory of the past anymore. ( ex. Sarah of Kung Ako'y Iiwan mo, Jewel Fortalejo of Kristine Book 2, Angelo Buenevista of Pangako Sa  Iyo Book 2 )

6] Since They Take My Child Away (komitsu)
The plot of a Pinoy soap always starts with a parent/s getting separated from his child. ( I don't  think I need to give example for this one hehe)

7] The Bermuda Triangle (komitsu)
I called this one the Bermuda Triangle. Commonly in Pinoy Soaps, the main conflict started from the Main Protagonist having a love triangle with her/his partner and the Main Antagonist. (ex. Amor- Eduardo-Claudia in Pangako Sa 'Yo , Sarah-Paul-Mia in Kung Ako'y Iiwan Mo, Esther-Elias-Victoria in Marina, Melanie-Noel-Cynthia in Walang Kapalit, Gabriel-Ruth-Judah in Noah )

8] I Envy You So Much I Wanna Get Rid Of You (komitsu)
Another common conflict starter, an envious Antagonist to the Protagonist. (ex. Megan to Aryana in Aryana, Clara to Mara in Mara Clara, Nathan to Daniel in Walang Hanggan, Alondra to Lora in MLKI, Bendita to Agua in Agua Bendita )

9] Poor and Rich Class Clash (TFC Godfather)
Another commonality in Pinoy teleseryes are the poor and rich class storylines. Normally its the poor clashing with the rich over money or land or when it comes to lovestories, the poor girl from the province is a maid and falls in love with the rich owner or heir to the thrown.

(ex: Too many to name like Maria La Del Barrio, Pangako Sa'yo, SWAN, Be Careful With My Heart)

Add on mga Kapamilya!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 05:09:30 AM by TFC Godfather »

komitsu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 02:12:22 PM »
You forgot to add my fifth addition.... "Elderly Accidents" , it was on the first page. Thank You

billicent_1219

• I sing, dance, write stories, play piano & guitar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 04:58:53 PM »
What does SWAN mean? I forgot eh.

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 05:17:56 PM »
Sana'y Wala Nang Wakas

billicent_1219

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 10:48:32 PM »
Sana'y Wala Nang Wakas

I so knew it! Mas like ko ang Ara and Leo alternate ending!

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 06:43:03 AM »
Sana'y Wala Nang Wakas

This was the first and only teleserye that had the viewers worldwide vote to see which ending they wanted.

I was happy with the ending that aired on tv. I am such a huge EchoTiner!

billicent_1219

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2012, 05:38:55 PM »
Sana'y Wala Nang Wakas

This was the first and only teleserye that had the viewers worldwide vote to see which ending they wanted.

OK! Regarding overused plots, there are too many to mention. Which particular soap started this: lead characters had to... You know, dumaan sa pagkabata?

lovesalvz

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2013, 03:51:48 PM »
Sana'y Wala Nang Wakas

OK! Regarding overused plots, there are too many to mention. Which particular soap started this: lead characters had to... You know, dumaan sa pagkabata?

like.. Gulong ng Palad? Habang May Buhay, Tayong Dalawa,.. yun lang naalala ko..

I ♥ Joseph Marco, Coco Martin, Arjo Atayde, Enrique Gil and Enchong Dee.

billicent_1219

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2013, 09:06:44 PM »
Oh yeah right?

foreveryoung

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 03:06:00 PM »
song titles as series titles  :D

billicent_1219

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 04:33:31 PM »

Sa pelikula yan unang ginamit :)

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2013, 07:39:20 PM »
Nice, will add that to the list.

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2013, 09:36:27 PM »
1] No Body = Not Dead (TFC Godfather)

2] Cops are inept (well there general shooting skill that is)! (TFC Godfather)

3] DNA samples = Tainted! (TFC Godfather)

4] The White Van/Multi-cab = Syndicato/Kidnappers (TFC Godfather)

5] My Amnesia One (komitsu)
For the sake of extending the soaps storyline, the protagonist will be going through an accident then when he/she wake up...he/she doesn't have any memory of the past anymore. ( ex. Sarah of Kung Ako'y Iiwan mo, Jewel Fortalejo of Kristine Book 2, Angelo Buenevista of Pangako Sa  Iyo Book 2)

6] Since They Take My Child Away (komitsu)

7] The Bermuda Triangle (komitsu)

8] I Envy You So Much I Wanna Get Rid Of You (komitsu)

9] Poor and Rich Class Clash (TFC Godfather)
Another commonality in Pinoy teleseryes are the poor and rich class storylines. Normally its the poor clashing with the rich over money or land or when it comes to lovestories, the poor girl from the province is a maid and falls in love with the rich owner or heir to the thrown.

(ex: Too many to name like Maria La Del Barrio, Pangako Sa'yo, SWAN, Be Careful With My Heart)

10] Elderly Accidents (komitsu)
I cannot believe that this one was used again in Aryana.  Every time an elderly character found something about the secret or something bad that the antagonist did, somethin bad happens to them. (ex. Elnora in Aryana, Manang Henya in Walang Hanggan, Concordia in Reputasyon)

11] Song Titles as Series Titles (foreveryoung)
It's been done multiple times by every network in the Philippines. I guess its better than trying to come up with an original title.

Add on mga Kapamilya!

billicent_1219

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2013, 11:29:40 PM »
The addition of characters that are more of "pampagulo" to the plot.