Welcome, Kapamilya. Please or

Author Topic: Pinoy Soap Operas 101 (OT)  (Read 28756 times)

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
Pinoy Soap Operas 101 (OT)
« on: December 08, 2012, 05:41:32 PM »
I thought this would be a fun thread to make. You know there are common things we see in Pinoy teleseryes over the years.

Talk about the common things you see in Pinoy soaps here.
|||◄+--------| TFC Godfather circa 2003 |--------+►|||

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
Re: Pinoy Soap Operas 101 (OT)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 05:53:50 PM »
1) No Body = Not Dead
In Pinoy soaps, we see someone allegedly killed or murdered but where is the body? Are they really dead? More often than not, nope they are not dead. They will make a return later in the soap or have changed characters/faces (Case in point: Rita Avila/Black Lily/Eula Valdez on Walang Hanggan)

2) Cops are inept (well there general shooting skill that is)!
In Pinoy soaps, we have cops and they try to do their job as protectors of the innocent. More often than not, they can't seem to shoot out tires and miss round after round on a getaway car. Where's that training in the Police Academy? 1 bullet can't flatten these amazing tires of the criminals? Cops can't get a proper blockade up or even show up in time.

3) DNA samples = Tainted!
In Pinoy soaps, you'll get the much anticipated DNA reveal! More often than not, they get switched or defiled to continue storylines.

Add on mga Kapamilya!

POST MARKER: 3,000TH POST
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 05:58:18 PM by TFC Godfather »

billicent_1219

• I sing, dance, write stories, play piano & guitar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 10:48:29 PM »
I would like to add those kidnapping, bombing, accident and hospital scenes

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 03:49:36 AM »
You mean overused themes in Pinoy soaps?

What about them exactly?

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 03:53:11 AM »
1) No Body = Not Dead
In Pinoy soaps, we see someone allegedly killed or murdered but where is the body? Are they really dead? More often than not, nope they are not dead. They will make a return later in the soap or have changed characters/faces (Case in point: Rita Avila/Black Lily/Eula Valdez on Walang Hanggan)

2) Cops are inept (well there general shooting skill that is)!
In Pinoy soaps, we have cops and they try to do their job as protectors of the innocent. More often than not, they can't seem to shoot out tires and miss round after round on a getaway car. Where's that training in the Police Academy? 1 bullet can't flatten these amazing tires of the criminals? Cops can't get a proper blockade up or even show up in time.

3) DNA samples = Tainted!
In Pinoy soaps, you'll get the much anticipated DNA reveal! More often than not, they get switched or defiled to continue storylines.

4) The White Van/Multi-cab = Syndicato/Kidnappers
In Pinoy soaps, if you see an ominous white van appear in the background, more often than not its a syndicato trying to kidnap kids or just kidnappers (in general).

Add on mga Kapamilya!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 03:57:41 AM by TFC Godfather »

assassinator

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 04:03:20 AM »
Please add those Lovers who will find out that they are siblings and will do all the things in this world not to continue their love story. but later, they will realize that someone is ampon at hindi talaga sila magkamag-anak.

hahaha, Crazy For You with Toni G. and Luis M. is the best example./ :)

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 04:06:08 AM »
Please add those Lovers who will find out that they are siblings and will do all the things in this world not to continue their love story. but later, they will realize that someone is ampon at hindi talaga sila magkamag-anak.

That's a confusing one. Is that really a commonality in Pinoy soaps.

That would be a good example for what you are trying to say though assassinator.

assassinator

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 04:25:44 AM »

That's a confusing one. Is that really a commonality in Pinoy soaps.

That would be a good example for what you are trying to say though assassinator.

un bang lovers sila sa umpisa, kalagitnaan, malalaman na lang nila na magkapatid pala sila, tapos sa bandang last part, hindi nman pala kasi ampon lang ung isa. haha

komitsu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 06:57:19 PM »
My Amnesia One
For the sake of extending the soaps storyline, the protagonist will be going through an accident then when he/she
wake up...he/she doesn't have any memory of the past anymore. ( ex. Sarah of Kung Ako'y Iiwan mo, Jewel Fortalejo of Kristine Book 2, Angelo Buenevista of Pangako Sa  Iyo Book 2 )

Since They Take My Child Away
The plot of a pinoy soap always starts with a parent/s getting separated from his child. ( I don't  think I need to give example for this one hehe)

The Bermuda Triangle
I called this one the Bermuda Triangle. Commonly in Pinoy Soaps, the main conflict started from the Main Protagonist having a love triangle with her/his partner and the Main Antagonist. (ex. Amor- Eduardo-Claudia in Pangako Sa 'Yo , Sarah-Paul-Mia in Kung Ako'y Iiwan Mo, Esther-Elias-Victoria in Marina, Melanie-Noel-Cynthia in Walang Kapalit, Gabriel-Ruth-Judah in Noah )

I Envy You So Much I Wanna Get Rid Of You
Another common conflict starter, an envious Antagonist to the Protagonist. (ex. Megan to Aryana in Aryana, Clara to Mara in Mara Clara, Nathan to Daniel in Walang Hanggan, Alondra to Lora in MLKI, Bendita to Agua in Agua Bendita )

flamerounin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 09:43:20 PM »
pwede na nating ilabas to at gawan ng tropes page sa TV Tropes. anyone want to help?

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 09:50:59 PM »
What is TV Trophes?

flamerounin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 10:39:49 PM »

billicent_1219

• I sing, dance, write stories, play piano & guitar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 10:55:47 PM »
You mean overused themes in Pinoy soaps?

What about them exactly?

Yes... I already saw such scenes so many times.

Maybe Mula Sa Puso (original version) started it all, and all other Claudine soaps?

komitsu

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 06:48:14 PM »
My new addition to this topic:

Elderly Accidents
I cannot believe that this one was used again in Aryana.  Every time an elderly character found something about the secret or something bad that the antagonist did, somethin bad happens to them. (ex. Elnora in Aryana, Manang Henya in Walang Hanggan, Concordia in Reputasyon )
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 02:10:52 PM by komitsu »

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 09:52:40 PM »
My Amnesia One
For the sake of extending the soaps storyline, the protagonist will be going through an accident then when he/she
wake up...he/she doesn't have any memory of the past anymore. ( ex. Sarah of Kung Ako'y Iiwan mo, Jewel Fortalejo of Kristine Book 2, Angelo Buenevista of Pangako Sa  Iyo Book 2 )

Since They Take My Child Away
The plot of a pinoy soap always starts with a parent/s getting separated from his child. ( I don't  think I need to give example for this one hehe)

The Bermuda Triangle
I called this one the Bermuda Triangle. Commonly in Pinoy Soaps, the main conflict started from the Main Protagonist having a love triangle with her/his partner and the Main Antagonist. (ex. Amor- Eduardo-Claudia in Pangako Sa 'Yo , Sarah-Paul-Mia in Kung Ako'y Iiwan Mo, Esther-Elias-Victoria in Marina, Melanie-Noel-Cynthia in Walang Kapalit, Gabriel-Ruth-Judah in Noah )

I Envy You So Much I Wanna Get Rid Of You
Another common conflict starter, an envious Antagonist to the Protagonist. (ex. Megan to Aryana in Aryana, Clara to Mara in Mara Clara, Nathan to Daniel in Walang Hanggan, Alondra to Lora in MLKI, Bendita to Agua in Agua Bendita )
Glad to have you back here and will add your entries into the list (will give you credit of course)