Welcome, Kapamilya. Please or

Author Topic: Suggestions and Feedbacks how we can improve Philippine movies.  (Read 5232 times)

RoyalFlush372

• View Profile
Suggestions and Feedbacks how we can improve Philippine movies.
« on: October 12, 2015, 12:26:00 PM »
Tell us what you see is wrong with our movies?  What do see is wrong with the way we do things.  Please give feedbacks and suggestion so that we can fix and improve things.

To start off the thread...

One thing I see that is wrong with our movies concern the audio mixing and audio dubbing of the dialogue.  It doesn't seem like they still haven't mastered the mixing and the blending of the dialogue audio of the movie, because when the final product is released (the movie), the audio of the dialogue is still painfully obvious that it was redone in the studio after the whole movie has been shot. It's like watching Yaya Dub dubsmash the audio of the dialogue (I'm a little exaggerating but you get the point).  You won't notice this kind of things in other foreign movies like hollywood movies because they know how to work their craft seamlessly, but ours, we still have some work to do to improve that aspect of our movie making.  I wish they'd fix that because it always sticks out like a sore thumb.

billicent_1219

• I sing, dance, write stories, play piano & guitar!
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions and Feedbacks how we can improve Philippine movies.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 05:13:49 PM »
Apart from the not-so-seamless audio mixing, what about trying to go for some material that is not only edgy, but something that the audience deserve to see?

RoyalFlush372

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 05:05:29 AM »
Yeah, it would be good if they do something different that is not in the usual variety.

RoyalFlush372

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 05:44:49 AM »
Liza Soberano and Enrique Gil has a new movie called "Everyday I Love You", coming out this late October.   It looks like a good movie and I cant wait to see it.  But one issue I have with that movie and many other movies is that they are using (again) another revival song for the theme song.   ABS-CBN, why can't you guys stop your addiction of using revival theme songs and OST's for many of your new movies instead of creating new ones that is just as good as the original for your new movies.  Would it be better if you guys just pressure-whip your in-house composers and tell them to come up with something Bago and Fresh na kanta para sa Theme song, instead na gumamit na naman kayo ng mga revivals.  Sana po, gamitin nyo naman ang creativity nyo para nakagawa kayo ng magagandang modern Theme Song na perfect match sa mga movies nyo.  Maganda rin yung na pick nyo na kanta ni Stephen Bishop titled "It Might Be You" para sa theme song ng LizQuen movie, but it would have been better and much more satisfying if you guys created your own theme song that is similar in style and in the same genre as that song, and you guys would have another hit at your hand created none other than by your own creativity.  But you can't have that satisfaction because it is another revival.  Look at the Bago and Fresh song of Nadine Lustre called "Me And You" that was used as one of the OST's in her movies. VIVA's composers are doing something right that  that song is even heard being played in some place in europe and australia.  The other theme song of Nadine Lustre and James Reid called "Bahala Na", "No Erase" and other songs which was used in there movies are also very popular on Youtube.  You guys at ABS-CBN need to stop with your addiction of reviving old songs and start thinking of creating Bago at Fresh na mga Theme songs and OST's for you new movies.   Don't use revivals anymore.  In fact, if you guys will release a new movie, all the theme songs and OST's should be new too.  It is important that you guys do that because that is also one are in which the audience, the paying customers get excited about and go fangirling or fanboying about.  If you guys release better and new theme song and OST's, I'm sure it will also help increase the revenue for your new movies because once a good theme song is used and become popular,  all the listener will also want to see the movie.

billicent_1219

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 11:04:32 AM »
Liza Soberano and Enrique Gil has a new movie called "Everyday I Love You", coming out this late October.   It looks like a good movie and I cant wait to see it.  But one issue I have with that movie and many other movies is that they are using (again) another revival song for the theme song.   ABS-CBN, why can't you guys stop your addiction of using revival theme songs and OST's for many of your new movies instead of creating new ones that is just as good as the original for your new movies.  Would it be better if you guys just pressure-whip your in-house composers and tell them to come up with something Bago and Fresh na kanta para sa Theme song, instead na gumamit na naman kayo ng mga revivals.  Sana po, gamitin nyo naman ang creativity nyo para nakagawa kayo ng magagandang modern Theme Song na perfect match sa mga movies nyo.  Maganda rin yung na pick nyo na kanta ni Stephen Bishop titled "It Might Be You" para sa theme song ng LizQuen movie, but it would have been better and much more satisfying if you guys created your own theme song that is similar in style and in the same genre as that song, and you guys would have another hit at your hand created none other than by your own creativity.  But you can't have that satisfaction because it is another revival.  Look at the Bago and Fresh song of Nadine Lustre called "Me And You" that was used as one of the OST's in her movies. VIVA's composers are doing something right that  that song is even heard being played in some place in europe and australia.  The other theme song of Nadine Lustre and James Reid called "Bahala Na", "No Erase" and other songs which was used in there movies are also very popular on Youtube.  You guys at ABS-CBN need to stop with your addiction of reviving old songs and start thinking of creating Bago at Fresh na mga Theme songs and OST's for you new movies.   Don't use revivals anymore.  In fact, if you guys will release a new movie, all the theme songs and OST's should be new too.  It is important that you guys do that because that is also one are in which the audience, the paying customers get excited about and go fangirling or fanboying about.  If you guys release better and new theme song and OST's, I'm sure it will also help increase the revenue for your new movies because once a good theme song is used and become popular,  all the listener will also want to see the movie.
Kailan pa ba sila nag-start gumamit ng revival? parang nawala lang ng slight ang interest ko because I was expecting something else as theme song. Original ba ang theme song ng You're My Boss???

billicent_1219

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 11:08:21 AM »
In case for those who didn't know:

It Might Be You was used for the OST of Tootsie
If You Asked Me To - Licence to Kill

what else?

RoyalFlush372

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 11:27:49 AM »
Kailan pa ba sila nag-start gumamit ng revival? parang nawala lang ng slight ang interest ko because I was expecting something else as theme song. Original ba ang theme song ng You're My Boss???

I'm not sure kung kelan, pero matagal tagal na yata.  Yung Theme song ng "You're My Boss" is a revival from the original The Four Tops - "Baby I Need Your Loving".    The style or genre of that song "Baby I Need Your Loving" is a nice fit for the movie, at least that's one area they got right, but again though, it would have been much better and much more satisfying if ABS-CBN created their own original theme song for that movie in that same style and genre.  I'm beginning to think ABS-CBN composers can't come up with anything new because they lack good creativity to create songs in other genres of music, I'm sure they can but until they can come up with something new that is so good I want to tell everybody about it, and in different genres other than the usual ballads and love songs, I will assume they suck at making good and original OST that fits perfectly with the new movie.

RoyalFlush372

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 11:28:54 AM »
In case for those who didn't know:

It Might Be You was used for the OST of Tootsie
If You Asked Me To - Licence to Kill

what else?

Yung Bea Alonso at John Llyod Cruz teleserye, nakalimutan ko na ang title.

RoyalFlush372

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 12:37:21 PM »
I just want to clarify that what I am saying is that ABS-CBN is starting to use other genres and style of music rather than the usuals for their movie's theme song and OST's, like in their new movie "Ex With Benefits", "Everyday I Love You", "You're My Boss","Etiquette of a Mistress", and even in teleserye like "All of Me" etc.  I am very happy that they are doing that.  It was one of my wish list for ABS-CBN to use other style and genres of music for their teleserye's and movie's OST's and theme songs and it is starting to come true.  In my saying all of this, I wish also that ABS-CBN take that next step and start to create their very own new and original OST"s and theme song for all of their new movies rather than just covering.  These new and original OST's should be in different genres and style that are just as good as any of those originals they are covering, and most importantly it should be a perfect fit for their new movies. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 12:42:37 PM by RoyalFlush372 »

billicent_1219

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 08:52:15 PM »
I just want to clarify that what I am saying is that ABS-CBN is starting to use other genres and style of music rather than the usuals for their movie's theme song and OST's, like in their new movie "Ex With Benefits", "Everyday I Love You", "You're My Boss","Etiquette of a Mistress", and even in teleserye like "All of Me" etc.  I am very happy that they are doing that.  It was one of my wish list for ABS-CBN to use other style and genres of music for their teleserye's and movie's OST's and theme songs and it is starting to come true.  In my saying all of this, I wish also that ABS-CBN take that next step and start to create their very own new and original OST"s and theme song for all of their new movies rather than just covering.  These new and original OST's should be in different genres and style that are just as good as any of those originals they are covering, and most importantly it should be a perfect fit for their new movies.
Super..... keep that in mind

billicent_1219

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 06:30:28 PM »
Meanwhile I just realized that the late Vesta Williams originally performed SUDDENLY IT'S MAGIC na ginamit rin sa OST ng Soul Man (1986).