Welcome, Kapamilya. Please or

Author Topic: Kapamilya Anime Chat Thread (OT)  (Read 73396 times)

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
Re: Kapamilya Anime Chat Thread (OT)
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2018, 11:31:55 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/notes/red-mendozas-the-notebook/the-new-iwant-part-2-we-want-anime-on-the-new-iwant/2126647764072273/

The New @IWant Part 2: We want #Anime on the new #IWant
©Red Mendoza's The Notebook (October 25, 2018)

On the first part of our commentary about the new IWant TV, which will be called #IWant before the year ends, we discussed what will be the cosmetic changes on the platform and their plans for original content in an effort to not only just become a BVOD and live streaming platform, but to become the country’s home for original OTT content.

Now,  allow me to make a pitch to the executives who are handling the project on the content side, as it will be the most important aspect of the service and will be the major factor of its overall success to its promised target market, which is the millennial, mobile-first and social media embedded viewer.

If ABS-CBN wants to capture that new audience that they plan to target on their revitalized platform, they should not focus on creating content that has been the staple of ABS’s terrestrial fare. I know that the mobile-first and social media reliant viewer is now fed up with the current format of teleseryes and variety shows.

Their target market has been weaned on Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HOOQ and iflix. They want TV series and movies that breaks the mold, makes them think, and creates interesting conversations among their peers. They want to be challenged, they want to be different, they want to be unique.

And for me, the only content that surely fits the bill is Japanese Anime.

Now, before you can tell me to my face that “is that the only content you can think of?”. Allow me to tell you why I am pushing for Japanese anime to be a part of the service.

Anime fans had been treated as second-class citizens by the denizens of broadcast TV. The Carlo Katigbaks, Mark Lopezes, Henry Gozons, Jimmy Duavits, and Chot Reyeses of the industry do not think of us anime fans as a serious market that is a force to be reckoned with. Heck, ABS-CBN killed off Hero TV on SKYcable and instead, pushed most of its resources on an another sports channel (LIGA) which is just a redundant version of ABS-CBN Sports and Action!

Look at HERO now, it has just become a mishmash site under the ABS-CBN Lifestyle Ecosystem Group, which at this moment, is still looking for its identity as a digital destination for pop culture. (Hello Ces Orena-Drilon!).

Which is why foreign channels like Animax Asia and Aniplus Asia are now filling the void for Anime fans for their anime fix. And while we commend and laud them for bringing to us the best and latest anime series fast-tracked from Japan, It is only available via English subtitles.

I won’t diss the choice of some people who would prefer watching anime on English subtitles, as this will reignite again the issue of ‘subs versus dubs’, but watching anime on the language other than Japanese or English sounds more pleasing and sounds more perfect, and, in my opinion, adds to the gloss of the title.

I have been a long believer of Filipino dubbing, because it not only makes anime closer to a much more wider audience, but it makes the characters connect to the audience in a dimension that is never seen before.

The death of Hero TV (presumably by ABS-CBN’s murderous cost cutters) left anime fans struggling to watch Filipino dubbed anime shows on YeY, which, for all intents and purposes, is just a kiddies channel. Again, as I have reiterated time and again in my previous posts, who in his right sane mind would watch an anime, targeted mostly for teenagers, to a channel that shows pre-school and kids fare?

Given that ABS-CBN made more focus on its Asianovela Channel on DTT (heck, even giving recognition to koreaboo groups with a partnership signing shtick), It is now high time for ABS-CBN to give anime fans a chance to show what we got, and by investing anime series to air exclusively on the IWant platform gives us the chance to watch the best anime series, in Filipino dubbing and in High Definition, in the comfort of our own laptops, tablets, mobile devices, and even connected TV’s.

ABS-CBN has made a start with Your Name being the first animated movie being available on the service after its airing, that is why am very much hopeful that the broadcaster should now consider adding anime series on IWant’s new iteration.

Anime is a perfect content for millennials to hook up on, as it is unique, diverse, and above all, different.

I have thought about ABS-CBN possibly replying to this post and telling me “We have tried that with Hero TV and it did not work, so what would be the difference now”?

My answer can be summed up into this.

“That’s why you named your service ‘IWant’. We anime fans want to watch anime on the service, anytime, anywhere, and on any device”.

And hopefully, ABS-CBN gives us what Anime Fans have been wanting for so long.

/fstn

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2018, 01:24:43 PM »
Paolo M. @PaoloBozu
This 2019, I'm not sure what lies ahead for anime programming in the Philippines. GMA Network is the only local tv channel that is airing anime programs both on analogue and digital and I'm not sure what anime titles they'll have this 2019

billicent_1219

• I sing, dance, write stories, play piano & guitar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2018, 11:34:55 AM »
One Punch Man, ngayong January 6, 2019 na sa ABS-CBN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99e06lkWMsg

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2018, 05:45:07 PM »
One Punch Man, ngayong January 6, 2019 na sa ABS-CBN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99e06lkWMsg
Good thing Asianovelas will be finally Removed in the main channel for now. Yey!

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2018, 04:32:58 PM »
https://www.animepilipinas.com/2018/12/22/abs-cbn-air-one-punch-man-this-january/

ABS-CBN set to air One Punch Man this January
©Anime Pilipinas

Philippine terrestrial broadcaster ABS-CBN has announced in a video uploaded on Friday that One Punch Man is set to air on its flagship channel in January next year.

The popular action comedy anime will make its channel premiere on January 6, airing every Sunday mornings at 09:15am.

This will be the first time that ABS-CBN’s flagship free-to-air channel will air a Japanese anime series in almost three years, since airing Naruto Shippuden’s eighth season from March to June 2016.

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2018, 03:01:27 AM »
Paolo M. @PaoloBozu
I'll be honest this is a "unique" move for @ABSCBN to bring back anime programming on their main channel and its One Punch Man. Is this their way of saying sorry for closing down @myHEROnation or are they planning terminate the "All Yey Anime" block on their digital channel YeY

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2018, 03:01:57 AM »
Paolo M. @PaoloBozu
I don't think ABS CBN isn't fully serious about their anime comeback despite being One Punch Man. I'm sure it's temporary; because if they're serious it should be at the weekday block competing against "Astig Authority"

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2018, 03:04:05 AM »
Kira The Journo @knightkira
ABS-CBN should have chosen My Hero Academia as their anime return title. The hype of BNHA is still there.
Plus. it is in Native HD!

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2018, 03:05:41 AM »
©Red Mendoza's The Notebook
Truth be told, I have so much ambivalent feelings about the return of anime on ABS-CBN.

I think this is not a be-all and end-all thing for the network, as for one, the network will air this on a timeslot that is long considered as dead (I mean, come on, Sundays at 9:15 am?, unless you are a Sunday-morning political talk show like Meet the Press or Insiders ABC, you will never survive in that slot)

Also, I have heard that the material has audio and video issues so I am not going to say that this is not a revolutionary thing to air on ABS-CBN's HD feed (Again, I want a REAL HD-mastered anime to start with)

Yeah, I believe ABS-CBN Animation has a plan to bring back Anime into their system since their last outing in 2016 (why is it always in an election year?), and i think One Punch Man is one part of it, but unless ABS-CBN makes up its mind on Yey and the ill-fated HERO, it is just all bark and no bite from Esguerra.

(And one more thing, this is worthless if this will never be placed on iWant, unlike those shitty K-Dramas and Meteor Garden that they love to kiss ass with.)

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2019, 11:35:07 PM »
Anime is Back on ABS-CBN!

Yun nga lang, the Official Facebook page of "ABS-CBN Animation" had already been long-dead/inactive/absent for 2 years.

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2019, 06:26:50 PM »
YeY! channel's Kid Sine block is going to air THE LAST: NARUTO THE MOVIE this Jan 27, 2019!
This is a Very Big Huge Spoiler Alert dahil hindi pa ako handang panoorin yan, at syaka baka mawala ang excitement ng karamihang viewers. hehe