Welcome, Kapamilya. Please or

Author Topic: Kapamilya Anime Chat Thread (OT)  (Read 54551 times)

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
Re: Kapamilya Anime Chat Thread (OT)
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2018, 11:23:27 AM »
https://www.animepilipinas.com/2018/01/04/abs-cbn-yey-channel-premiere-halser-acre-live-action-ace-diamond-anime/

YeY channel to premiere Halser Acre live-action, Ace of Diamond anime
ABS-CBN's digital terrestrial channel also set to air Kuroko's Basketball Season 3 and Samurai X OVA.
©Anime Pilipinas

ABS-CBN’s digital terrestrial channel YeY has announced in a television advertisement on Tuesday that the live-action tokusatsu series Halser Acre and the sports anime Ace of Diamond are set to premiere on the channel. The channel is also set to air the third season of Kuroko’s Basketball and the OVA adaptations of the popular Samurai X series. Information about the premiere dates of the upcoming shows have not been made available, aside from Halser Acre, but they are expected to air in January.

Halser Acre is a live-action tokusatsu series from Okinawa Prefecture, which was aired in local television for two seasons from 2011-2012, focusing on food and natural environment. The show was written and directed by Tsukasa Kishimoto, who also directed the movie Dancing Karate Kid (琉球バトルロワイアル) in 2013. The series was given a movie adaptation, which was also written and directed by Kishimoto, in 2015
Halser Acre premieres on Saturday, January 6, at 03:30pm.

Ace of Diamond is an anime adaptation of a manga series by Yuji Terajima, which was published in Kodansha’s Weekly Shonen Magazine from 2006-2015, and has a total of 47 volumes. The anime adaptation was directed by Mitsuyuki Matsuhara, who also directed on the Japanese anime adaptation of Marvel’s Blade, while Blood Lad scriptwriter Kenji Konuta handled the series composition. Minori Ueda, who worked on Eyeshield 21: The Phantom Golden Bowl movie, handled character designs, which was produced by Madhouse and Production I.G.

The third season of Kuroko’s Basketball premiered on Filipino-language anime channel HEROtv in 2015, which was supposed to air on terrestrial network ABS-CBN the following year but was postponed, while Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal premiered on the anime channel in April of last year. As previously reported, HEROtv is set to cease broadcast at the end of this month.

YeY! is one of the digital terrestrial sub-channel of ABS-CBN, and the second animation channel of the network after HEROtv.
Previous anime titles also aired on the digital channel include Kirarin Revolution, Rental Magica, Tears to Tiara, and Himouto! Umaru-chan.

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2018, 11:30:18 AM »
HERO TV Farewell Video: https://www.facebook.com/myheronation/videos/10155953335362429/
Maraming salamat sa inyong suporta mga ka-Hero. Salamat sa pagiging bahagi ng aming channel sa loob ng maraming taon. Paalam. #FarewellHERO

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2018, 03:14:26 PM »
From "Red Mendoza's The Notebook".
https://www.facebook.com/notes/red-mendozas-the-notebook/blame-yourselves-for-this/1656148431122211/

Blame yourselves for this.
Friday, December 22, 2017

If there is anyone who could be blamed for HERO TV yanking off the air on the end of January, It could be us.

Yes, I, you, we, all of us share in this fiasco.

Do not blame ABS-CBN, they only did their job for the sake of the “fiduciary responsibility” to their shareholders. Do not blame Hero TV management, as they have done so many times to convince you to watch Hero TV but what did you do? You instead watched on pirate sites and denigrated the Filipino dubbers who worked tirelessly to bring Anime into our local lingua franca.

People should realize that ABS-CBN is not a public broadcaster like the BBC, ABC TV, or NHK, rather it is a commercial multimedia company. It is only answerable to the shareholders who want more value to their much-loved ABS-CBN stock. Imagine the damage to stockholders like Noli De Castro, Vic Sotto, Kris Aquino and the others if they see channels like Hero bleed red.

You anime fans do not own the company, they do, and you have no right to tell them to keep the network on the air.
ABS-CBN had already tried as hell to convince you to watch Hero TV, but what did you do? Nothing. You never really supported the channel in the first place, and instead of supporting the channel and its events, you tried to pull them down.

I myself am going to blame myself for what has happened to Hero, but my excuse is this, the network did not anticipate the rise of online streaming and mobile technology. If only ABS-CBN allowed Hero to acquire online streaming rights to the anime shows they air and use IWant TV as that platform, then there won’t be any problems on Filipino-dubbed anime exposure.

When I was still a young idealistic teenager, I too have had high hopes for the channel, but as I worked and learned about the big, bad world of Philippine Media, I have tempered my expectations. I will also admit that the Hero TV i saw in 2005 is not the Hero TV I am seeing now,

So, what will ABS-CBN do with all those material collected by Hero TV over the past 12 years?, maybe they will burn them outside the ABS-CBN Center Road in a ceremony that will be presided by Gabby Lopez, Charo Santos, and Carlo Katigbak and all Hero fans, with a message by Gabby telling everyone “Hero was a wasteful part of our business, it is right that we burn these tapes so that everyone will remember we made a stupid gamble in a market that is invisible”.

No otaku will admit that Hero was a failure, or even a waste, but for the bean counters in the network, the numbers will never lie. To save cash, Hero has to shut down, and we don’t fucking care about anime fans crying a river outside the ELJ Building or making candlelight vigils.

We are all to be blame in Hero’s closure, We have to accept it.

/fstn

NOTE: Isa itong patama sa lahat ng mga Pilipinong Koreanovela/Asianovela Viewers at ibang Anime fans (even the Netizens) na palaging nilalait at hinuhusgahan ang mga Tagalized Japanese Animes (dubbed by Filipino Voice Actors/Actresses) sa maraming taon.

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2018, 10:43:55 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/myheronation/videos/10155986158222429/
@Hero TV FB

Mga ka-Hero, join us tomorrow, Wednesday, via Facebook Live as we say goodbye to all of you! Catch us at 10PM and tell us your farewell messages. You can also catch us via YouTube and Twitter live. Kita kits mga ka-Hero! #FarewellHERO

Like and follow our social media pages for more updates:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/myheronation/
Instagram: @herotvofficial
Twitter: myHEROnation
YouTube: Hero TV Official

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2018, 04:14:20 PM »
https://animephproject.com/2018/02/08/new-hero-tv-no-longer-airs-anime/

New HERO TV no longer airs anime
@animePHproject

In a statement released on Thursday, a day after its comeback online, HERO has announced that they will no longer air anime titles anymore.

The former channel will instead focus on producing anime, pop culture and gaming contents through its digital platforms which includes their website, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram.

HERO’s social media accounts have released a series of posts hinting its revival.

Here is their statement after the jump.

Many anime fans have been hoping for the return of HERO after the channel bid goodbye last January 31. Fans were puzzled as to what is next for the anime authority as it started posting hints of its comeback online a few days ago.

With the proliferation of social media and the continuous evolution of the digital space, these trends presented opportunities for different institutions to easily reach individuals around the world. HERO has recognized the power of digital media in its continuous pursuit to deliver contents for anime and pop culture enthusiasts; hence, it embarked a new journey as a digital hub.

The new HERO format will produce anime, pop culture and gaming contents through its various digital platforms. HERO will utilize its website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube pages to deliver the freshest news and updates for its avid followers. Despite its departure from television, HERO will still be able to deliver stories that fans would love through the digital space. Note that HERO will not be airing anime titles anymore.

HERO has currently 301,975 likes on Facebook, 5,445 followers on Twitter and 3,857 followers on Instagram as of this writing. HERO promises to deliver top quality contents for its avid followers and become the ultimate go-to for anything anime, pop culture and gaming-related articles and videos. HERO looks forward to increasing its followers over time to cater to more people online.

As HERO embarks a fresh journey, we hope that you fans will support us in this new direction. As we move forward, we hope you will help us propel to greater heights.

This is HERO, now on digital.

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2018, 08:52:03 AM »
https://www.animepilipinas.com/2018/02/22/abs-cbn-iwant-tv-streaming-service-adds-filipino-dubbed-name-movie/

ABS-CBN’s iWant TV streaming service adds Filipino-dubbed ‘your name.’ movie
Shinkai's top grosser is first anime title available on ABS-CBN's streaming service.
©Anime Pilipinas

Makoto Shinkai’s top-grossing anime movie your name. is now available on iWant TV, the local streaming service of media conglomerate ABS-CBN. The anime movie was added on iWant TV’s library on Monday, which was the day after its television premiere on the terrestrial channel. This is the first time that a Filipino-dubbed anime title is being streamed on the service. The service is streaming the broadcast version of the film, where some scenes were cut due to time constraints. A representative of the network has told Anime Pilipinas that the movie is expected to  be available for watching until the end of summer. As of press time, the program now has more than 20,000 views on the website.

your name., also known by its Japanese title Kimi no Na wa. (君の名は。), is a Japanese animated film written and directed by Makoto Shinkai, who is known for anime films like Voices from a Distant Star, 5 Centimeters Per Second and The Garden of Words. The anime movie is based on the novel with the same name, also written by Shinkai, which was published in Japan by Kadokawa in June of last year. The film was produced by CoMix Wave Films and distributed by TOHO, which premiered in Japanese theaters on August 26, 2016 and ran for 29 weeks. The Filipino voice cast were lead by Leslie Paraboles (“Shimura Shinpachi”, Gintama) as “Taki Tachibana”, and Denise Gail Tumibay (“Yuriko Kogami”, Beautiful Bones: Sakurako’s Investigation) as “Mitsuha Miyamizu”.

The anime film, which was distributed by local movie distributor Pioneer Films, was screened in local cinemas in December 14, 2016 and ran for about two weeks before the Metro Manila Film Festival started the same year. The film is now considered as the highest-earning anime film worldwide, beating Studio Ghibli’s Spirited Away, earning US$281 million (about PHP14 billion) in mid-January. According to industry website Box Office Mojo, the film has now earned a total of US$354,425,227 (about PHP18 billion), including the North American screenings.

Media conglomerate ABS-CBN announced last year that several Japanese films, including your name., was set to air on TAG movie channel in Filipino dubbing. The planned airing did not come to fruition because the channel has ceased broadcasting on January 15, which was then followed by Filipino language anime channel HEROtv a couple of days later.

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2018, 09:49:48 AM »
A review from "Red Mendoza's The Notebook" about the Free TV broadcast of Your Name.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/red-mendozas-the-notebook/yournameonabscbn-great-story-only-blotted-by-judicious-editing/1727007970702923/

#YourNameOnABSCBN: Great story only blotted by judicious editing

When TAG announced that they will air the anime titles “Your Name” and “A Silent Voice” on their channel, everyone went on a frenzy, as they will be high hopes and high expectations on how will be its Filipino language dub will fare, as opposed to what they have seen in theaters, which is in original Japanese audio.

But, TAG, alongside HERO TV, went kaput even before the film was supposed to air, so, the last recourse on where this movie will air rests on ABS-CBN.

And, true enough, it did air on ABS-CBN first, as it was suggested to me by a ranking network executive that I asked during my visit at the ASEAN-Japan TV festival last September.

When ABS-CBN finally announced teasers and a trailer, which shows the movie being aired in its pristine High Definition quality, I only had one thing to do: Watch this in ABS-CBN’s HD Feed on IWant TV, as I don’t have ABS-CBN HD on my current pay TV provider.

So, in preparation for today’s airing, I loaded up on my Smart Bro internet connection (which has a powerful LTE signal in our area) and registered on IWant TV10, which allows me to watch ABS-CBN’s HD livestream for one day. I made sure that my Smart Bro connection has enough gigabytes to handle the HD live stream.

D-Day came, so I popped my laptop, connected to the internet, went to the IWant TV site and   placed ABS-CBN HD on my TV, and waited for the movie to come up

And at around 10:15 AM, it was showtime all across the nation.

Of course, it being aired on Broadcast TV had to have some concessions, most especially during the runtime. Since the movie alone is less than two hours, and ABS had to add broadcast commercials during its run (heck, it is a Commercial network), so many scenes had to be cut, not because of some questionable material or content (heck it was rated G according to ABS’s broadcast standards people), but because of time constraints. The movie had to adjust to the network, not the other way around, which is already understandable for ABS-CBN but really rare in other countries where movies are shown on their timeslots.

With that being said, judicious editing was my keyword during the time I was tweeting my thoughts on the movie. I had to focus on watching and tweeting, stopping at times in key highlights of the film.

The dubbing was really terrific, I mean, sure, it is not like the star voice actors used in the original, but Leslie Paraboles and Denise Gail Tumibay captured the essence of Taki and Mitsuha. The script itself was also terrific, as it reflected the two differences of  Taki and Mitsuha’s word. Those scenes with Mitsuha had a deep, almost provincial feel to it, (malalim na tagalog), while the city scenes had a more urban depth, thereby necessitating the use of English loanwords to make it more apt.

Because of the judicious editing ABS-CBN did on the movie, I felt that the movie airing did not capture the overall feel that I felt when I watched it for the first time (and two more times after that), so I am urging the network to use their multiplatform might and air this on either ABS-CBN TVplus’s PPV movie channel, Kapamilya Box Office, or on SKYcable’s PPV service. Trust me, airing these on PPV would bring more fans paying for them to watch an amazing movie like Your Name. I know some people have reservations on making this movie available on PPV, but hey, it is much better than airing this with broadcast cuts on Channel 2.

Nevertheless, It was the road less traveled for ABS-CBN to air Your Name, They knew it was the biggest anime movie ever, and they made sure they dubbed the movie with respect to its original audio, and by god, they did it. Again, ABS-CBN has a history of respecting original material that are being dubbed into the Filipino language, and I am happy that Your Name is one of them being given that treatment.

I also laud ABS-CBN for continually promoting it via  a press release and consistent runs of the ads during the day, which was rare for them as well, and making this available in HD and Nationwide made me smile as well.

So, yes, ABS-CBN, you may have lost your Anime channel, and the judicious edits were unfounded, but the official Filipino version of Your Name airing on HD has made many anime fans felt again that kapamilya vibe.

/fstn

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2018, 11:41:54 AM »
https://www.animepilipinas.com/2018/03/13/toonami-asia-channel-to-end-broadcast-at-the-end-of-march/

Toonami Asia channel to end broadcast at the end of March
The channel launched in December 2012, and aired shows like Yokai Watch, Inazuma Eleven, and Dragon Ball Super.
©Anime Pilipinas

Turner Broadcasting System Asia-Pacific has announced on Monday that the Pan-regional animation channel will be ending its operations on Saturday, March 31.

The network has released a statement on the animation channel’s Official Facebook page:

NOTICE: Please be advised that the Toonami channel in Southeast Asia will cease transmission at the end of March 2018. Thank you to all our fans for watching and all of your amazing support. For more great kids entertainment, check out Cartoon Network APAC and Boomerang

A representative of the network has told Anime Pilipinas that they are still deciding if Toonami programs would be aired on their sister channels, and they have not been finalized as of this time.

Prior to the channel’s launch, Toonami is originally a time block dedicated to airing Japanese anime and live-action shows on Cartoon Network, similar to the anime block with the same name in the United States.

The block aired anime shows like Shaman King, Crush Gear Turbo, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing and Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, as well as live-action shows like Masked Rider Blade, GranSazer and several Power Rangers shows.

Toonami Asia channel was launched on December 1, 2012, and was billed as “ultimate home of the superhero” and “destination for action enthusiasts”.

Unlike the anime block, the channel focused on airing “superhero” animation shows from Cartoon Network Studios and DC Comics franchise, including Ben 10, Teen Titans, Justice League and Batman, and some anime shows like Dragon Ball Z and Mix Master.

Toonami Asia launched in 2015 an all-anime block called “Anime Siege”, which aired anime shows like Beast Saga, Yokai Watch, and Inazuma Eleven.

Dragon Ball Super, which was the sequel to Dragon Ball Z anime series, premiered in January last year. The airing was the very first time in the world that the newest Dragon Ball anime series was heard in English dubbing.

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2018, 11:52:16 AM »
Ngayon ko lang napansin. Pinapalabas na pala ngayon sa GMA ang ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM (na kilala ngayon bilang INVINCIBLE TEACHER) na kamakailan lang "pinagpiyestahan" ng walang kwentang MTRCB.

Too bad for ABS as usual, ilang taon na silang hindi nagpapalabas ng mga bagong Anime Series sa main channel ng Dos tuwing umaga. Pathetic!

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2018, 01:12:41 PM »
ABS-CBN Animation FB Page is still in long permanent sleep. I-try kayang pektusan at turuan ng leksyon para magising na ang natutulog na page?

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2018, 03:13:12 PM »
A commentary review from Red Mendoza's The Notebook about the "return" of HERO Zone on Jeepney TV.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/red-mendozas-the-notebook/notebookcommentary-hero-myheronation-on-jeepneytv-the-points/1744236942313359/

In 2013, ABS-CBN launched Jeepney TV, which is not only a blunt attempt to compete with FOX Filipino Channel, whose format is based on replaying old content from GMA and TV5, but to also monetize content from their deep video library which has been digitized, part of an ongoing intra-company drive to digitize ABS-CBN’s vast archives starting from 1987.

With over 10,000 hours of content at their disposal, Jeepney TV boasts a deep bench of programming coming from ABS-CBN, which included timeless comedy classics like Home Along Da Riles, Okay Fine, Whatever, and Arriba Arriba, Top teleseryes like Mula Sa Puso, Pangako sa Iyo, and Lobo, and various light entertainment content like Ryan Ryan Musikahan, Tatak Pilipino, Game KNB, and ASAP, among others. Alongside TV shows, it also showed old Filipino movies with stars like Fernando Poe, Jr. Dolphy, and old Star Cinema films. Later, Jeepney TV started showing some foreign content as well, like Baywatch, which was aired on ABS-CBN in the early nineties.

Now, Jeepney TV is about to expand its remit as a true General Entertainment channel as it becomes the home of a brand new block that will show anime programs for the first time ever.

The only catch: It will be called as HERO Zone,

Yes, you heard that right, Hero Zone returns on Jeepney TV. From a separate anime channel which has breathed its last in January, Hero returns, albeit as a two-hour-a-week block on Sunday Mornings on the General Entertainment channel.

Since becoming as a digital portal under ABS-CBN’s Lifestyle quadrant headed by no less than former Bandila anchor Ces Orena-Drilon, Hero has found itself under a cloud as to where its strengths in social media will lay. True, Hero still has lots of followers on its social media channels, but ever since Hero ceased becoming a linear channel, what has it become?

Hero, in my opinion, is ABS-CBN’s blatant attempt to make every single pop-culture fan look like second-class citizens. I mean, come on, has Hero created any compelling content that would have become something more worthwhile of becoming a fully-fledged digital portal?

Would Hero, the portal, be a conduit for SkyCable to promote channels like Aniplus or Animax? Or would Hero be gunning for a media partnership for the big anime events in the country like Toycon, Best of Anime, or even Cosplay Mania? And what has become of its sponsorship in World Cosplay Summit?

On the first question, I don’t think ABS-CBN would be prudent enough to put Hero on an awkward position to promote shows of its erstwhile competitors. On the second and third questions, only time will tell about their plans about it.

Now, on Hero’s anime content being aired on Jeepney TV. Hero Zone reminded me of the time ABS-CBN branded its anime block as “Hero Zone” in 2007, when the network aired anime shows like D.I.C.E, Gundam Seed Destiny, and The Law of Ueki, among others.

It was ABS-CBN’s second take on a co-channel branding (remember Myx sa Dos in 2004?) but on scale that was unprecedented in Philippine TV. Hero Zone was supposed to be successful on paper, as it would ABS to identify itself as the network that owns Hero and for Hero to be given exposure on a wider, truly national audience.

But ABS-CBN killed off Hero Zone by the time 2008 and and 2009 rolled in, replaced by a more “kid-friendly” sounding anime block name, called “Team Animazing” (yech, that stupid theme still rolls in my head whenever I hear that)

Anyhow, with the Hero Zone block, Jeepney TV’s conversion from becoming simply an archive channel of ABS-CBN to becoming a full-fledged General Entertainment channel is now complete, My understanding is that it could even be placed on Digital TV if it has the galls to do it.

If ABS-CBN will play its cards right, it could be the Philippine equivalent of Nine’s 9Gem, of which its remit was “General Entertainment and Movies”, or Seven’s 7TWO (both of which, I should point out, airs a large amount of sports in their schedules). Right now though, Jeepney TV’s market is still catered to the pay-TV audience, but maybe, if ABS-CBN knows it’s potential, it will be a gamechanger on DTT.

As for the Hero Zone block on the channel, I am of the opinion that this is another “testing the waters” phase for the platform, as it could gauge whether the fans of the deceased Hero TV channel are still there for them. If the thing flies around, it will eventually be expanded to four hours a week to six hours a week.

A return of the platform as a channel is not going to work in the interim. Hero needs to rebuild its audience, and for its digital platform to find its footing first, as it has suffered terribly in the weeks after it has relaunched (I mean, come on, who is in the right mind to push anime fans to read about Enrique Gil and Liza Soberano’s Teleserye, Bagani?).

Hero should stick with what it was supposed to do when it became a platform, and that is to create relevant, compelling, and interesting content about Anime, Gaming, and pop culture without dumbing down its audience, and I hope with Ces Drilon’s leadership at the helm of the platform, it may pick people with the journalistic chops to enable Hero be a perfect destination for pop-culture news and views without resorting to cheap clickbait tricks or even content that is trashy.

There is a lot at stake in Hero’s “return” as a block, both for Hero, Jeepney TV, and ABS-CBN, and in this fractured TV environment, it has to be sure it has to play everything right.
/fstn

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2018, 01:27:53 AM »
https://www.animepilipinas.com/2018/04/01/sweet-spot-for-anime-on-philippine-tv/

Random Thought: Have we found the sweet spot for anime on Philippine TV?
After the success of your name, could a Sunday morning anime block be a viable option?
©Anime Pilipinas

Japanese anime programs have been a fixture on Philippine TV since the 70’s, which is why each of us has our own ‘all-time’ favorites. The older generation has Voltes V, while millennials like me has Yu Yu Hakusho (Ghost Fighter), while the younger generation has Naruto.

Although anime programming on television is constant, there is probably one thing that isn’t: The time.

For years, that has been an ongoing debate in the community, whether anime shows deserve a spot in primetime or just stick to daytime. If you ask me, its a losing battle.

In this day and age, I think the concept of the timeslot doesn’t matter anymore, especially that everyone can now watch their favorite shows online at anytime. The question if they are using legal streaming platforms or not is another topic altogether.

As you may already know, ABS-CBN had their much-awaited premiere of Makoto Shinkai’s top-grossing anime movie your name last February.

Things took an interesting turn after that. After ABS-CBN Cable Channels shut down the Filipino language anime channel HEROtv, they have decided to relaunch the brand on cable channel Jeepney TV as a two-hour time block.

This timeblock airs on Sunday mornings from 10:00am to noon. This opens up an interesting question: Is this the sweet spot for anime shows on Philippine TV?

IF FILIPINO VIEWERS "ACCEPTED" DUBBED FOREIGN MOVIES AND TV SHOWS, WHY NOT OFFER MORE OPTIONS?

Personally, I think that Sunday morning block would be a good time for anime shows, because it is not too early of a timeslot for its target audience.

I still don’t know why GMA-7 starts airing their animated shows at an ungodly hour, especially on weekends. In my case, I usually wake up after 9am or even later during weekends, and I think most of the school-age audience are probably the same.

Also, I believe that particular Sunday morning block would be a good time for anime shows, because the timeslot itself doesn’t have any competition.

There is a reason why both ABS-CBN and GMA are airing movie blocks on that timeslot, and TV5 opted to air home shopping. Aside from the occasional TV specials, like Manny Pacquiao fights or beauty pageants, why not add some alternative programming that people may like?  If Filipino viewers "accepted" dubbed foreign movies and TV shows, why not offer more options?

But then again, there are those who will argue about the ratings. If you ask me, I really don’t give a damn about ratings because it remains a mystery to me how those media research agencies collect and analyze data from select few people.

Probably, they even include in their surveys people from far-flung areas who don’t even have basic knowledge on the pop culture scene, who will then “represent” everyone in a particular region or even the whole country. But with that said…

According to Kantar Media, the TV ratings for the premiere of your name. last month is 9.2%, which is higher than the ratings for rival network GMA-7’s weekend anime block but still lower than the typical “KB Family Weekend” rating.

On the flip-side, Twitter has shown a different story. The phrases “Your Name” and “Kimi no Nawa” (a misspelled romanji of the movie’s Japanese title, Kimi no Na wa.) trended on the popular social media site for a couple of hours, with the former becoming the Number 1 trending topic in the Philippines about three hours after the end of the movie.

THE TIMESLOT MAY BE AVAILABLE BUT IF THE SHOWS BEING AIRED DOESN’T CLICK WITH THE AUDIENCE, THEN IT MAY JUST BE ANOTHER RECIPE FOR DISASTER.

But then again, the timeslot may be available but if the shows being aired doesn’t click with the audience, then it may just be another recipe for disaster. I think that is the problem that “HERO Zone” on cable channel Jeepney TV currently facing.

When HEROtv ceased broadcast last February, everyone felt like their part of their childhood has died, or even lost one of their comrades. I’m sure Filipino anime fans were overjoyed when their Filipino-dubbed anime shows came back, albeit a two-hour block.

The problem is that the first anime titles featured in the timeblock were honestly not attention-grabbing: Initial D the Movie and Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc V.

I’m not intentionally dissing the fans of these popular franchises, but I feel that they could’ve chosen among HEROtv’s more recent titles that resonate with the anime-viewing audience like Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma, Log Horizon, Free! Iwatobi Swim Club and Love Live! School idol project.

Starting this Sunday, they will air the popular comedy anime KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World, so there is still some hope.

We are living in interesting times, and even media conglomerates have to adapt to survive. You win some, you lose some. HEROtv is gone, but at least they resurrected it on Jeepney TV.

To answer my own question: The jury is still out, we’ll see if this could be a potential sweet spot for anime on Philippine TV, but I believe its possible. Other networks emulating it would be another story.

Sure, you could just watch those shows on Netflix, but I still think that “Fildub” has its own charm. If we give our support, maybe we could make this our Sunday morning viewing habit.

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2018, 11:56:17 AM »
I know it's assuming pero alam ko kung bakit nagiging Tag-Ulan na ang Summer ngayon sa Pilipinas....... HINDI NA TALAGA MASIGLA ANG ANIME SA PH TV, unlike the 2000's decade.

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2018, 10:50:26 PM »

Mga Ka HERO, ngayon ay mapapanuod na ang HERO Zone sa Jeepney TV tuwing Saturday and Sunday!
Patuloy nating suportahan ang Filipino dubbed Anime!
Dahil sa Hero Bida Ka Rito!
@myHEROnation

AnimeFan23

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2018, 11:56:25 PM »
Yung feeling na magkasabay ng timeslot ang Probinsyano sa ABS at My Hero Academia sa YeY! this month....