Welcome, Kapamilya. Please or

Author Topic: Be Careful With My Heart (OT)  (Read 232988 times)

1010gabriela

• View Profile
Re: Be Careful With My Heart (OT)
« Reply #555 on: April 11, 2013, 07:47:36 AM »
Very endearing first-date episode!  Sure breaks the stresses of late night to eary morning on-calls.

I like that the date turned out to be a Maya-type of date and to see Maya, although very tentative with dating , still showing how comfortable she is just being herself , minus any pretensions and airs. 

And yes, I agree, often the best dates are those that are spontaneous and unplanned.
Did you also notice that they obviously taped the date on separate days? You can tell by Jodi's voice.... one scene she's fine and then later on her voice is hoarse, next scene its back to normal again.

The date was great (although that boat that Ser Chief was running after looked more like a small yacht than a cruise line that has entertainment, etc). The running after the boat, losing the other heel (I wonder who took that other shoe?), buying some new footwear, the balot, the drinks, the BBQ, the sea wall, the toothbrushing in the CR, the overall atmosphere very relaxed and inviting with the holding hands to boot to end the night, it might not be the most expensive first date but Maya loves it just the same.

I'm surprised none of the kids texted or called their dad since it must have been 10-11PM at that point.

I miss carefree dates like those... maybe I should get back on the market ;)

@godfather
Those Manila Bay cruises are actually aboard a smaller ferry rather than an actual ship.  It does have room for a 2-3 person acoustic band and can serve dinner to a handful of people.  When my family did it on a trip home, we timed it so we could also watch the fireworks from the Mall of Asia from the ferry.  Nice, but would even be nicer if the bay was cleaner.

NYC would have so much to offer as far as spontaneous dates. :) I like the not-so-touristy places that's got so much history, character .  One of my family's offbeat favorites is the original Edgar Allan Poe cottage on Grand Concourse; or the Delacourt in Central Park; or the free ferry ride from the southside seaport to Staten Island.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 06:56:33 PM by 1010gabriela »

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #556 on: April 11, 2013, 04:00:44 PM »
Jodi Sta. Maria splurges on diamond ring

ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 04/11/2013 12:29 PM | Updated as of 04/11/2013 3:30 PM

MANILA, Philippines -- With the phenomenal success of her hit daytime series "Be Careful With My Heart," actress Jodi Sta. Maria rewarded herself with a major purchase.

Photo from Jodi Sta. Maria's Instagram account

On Wednesday, Sta, Maria posted a photo on her Instagram account of what appears to be a diamond ring.

But in her official Twitter account, Sta. Maria stressed that she bought the ring as a gift to herself.

"Hold your horses tweeps! The ring is my gift to myself. :) Rewarding myself for all my hard work :)," the actress tweeted.

Sta. Maria had to make a clarification amid speculations that the ring might have been given by boyfriend Jolo Revilla as an engagement present.

Revilla has publicly credited Sta. Maria for bringing "light" into his life, while the actress, who was initially coy about the aspiring politician, is more open about to being seen hand-in-hand with the son of Senator Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr.

Sta. Maria recently campaigned for the vice-gubernatorial candidate in Imus, Cavite.

Rumors romantically linking Sta. Maria and the younger Revilla surfaced in September last year and the "Be Careful With My Heart" star has since referred to actor-politician as her "special someone."

|||◄+--------| TFC Godfather circa 2003 |--------+►|||

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #557 on: April 11, 2013, 06:45:14 PM »
'Be Careful With My Heart' beats new rival show

ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 04/11/2013 4:02 PM | Updated as of 04/11/2013 4:02 PM

'Dugong Buhay' pilot beats competing program

MANILA, Philippines -- The "kilig-serye" starring Jodi Sta. Maria and Richard Yap continued to rule daytime Monday despite the arrival of a new competor.
Jodi Sta. Maria and Richard Yap. File photo

"Be Careful With My Heart" remained the No. 1 daytime TV show on April 8, despite the arrival of new show aired on GMA-7, "The Ryzza Mae Show" in the same timeslot.

According to the latest TV ratings data from multi-national market research group Kantar Media, "Be Careful With My Heart" earned a nationwide rating of 24.4% last Monday, when Sir Chief (Yap) and Maya (Sta. Maria) arranged their first date.

On the other hand, "The Ryzza Mae Show" only garnered a national TV rating of 11.7% on the same day.

The high ratings of "Be Careful With My Heart" against its new rival show proved to be a winning streak.

On Tuesday, the Kapamilya offering even widened its lead with a national audience share of 27.6%, compared to its competing program's 9.4%. The "kilig-serye" held on to the top spot in daytime on Wednesday, with a nationwide rating of 26.3%, versus the new GMA-7 show's 10.3%.

Meanwhile, the new ABS-CBN series "Dugong Buhay" debuted strongly against its rival program last Monday.

The Ejay Falcon-starrer, according to data from Kantar Media, registered a national TV rating of 11%, while its competing show aired on GMA-7, "Bukod Kang Pinagpala," only garnered 7.1%.

Based on the original comic series by veteran Carlo J. Caparas, the TV adaptation also stars Arjo Atayde, Sunshine Cruz, Christian Vasquez and Nonie Buencamino.

Directed by Toto Natividad, "Dugong Buhay" airs weekdays during ABS-CBN's Kapamilya Gold block.

Kantar Media uses a nationwide panel size of 2,609 urban and rural homes, more than AGB Nielsen's 1,980 homes that are only based in urban areas. Kantar Media's panel represents 100% of the total Philippine TV viewing population, while AGB Nielsen reportedly represents only 57% of the Philippine TV viewing population.

ABS-CBNnews.com is the news website of ABS-CBN Corp.

1010gabriela

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 11, 2013, 06:55:58 PM »
What the world needs is a little bit more romance and BCWMH dishes that up every single time!!!

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #559 on: April 11, 2013, 07:47:03 PM »
What the world needs is a little bit more romance and BCWMH dishes that up every single time!!!
Every scene makes me smile.

The scene that had me in tears was when Kute came home drunk and explained that she was drinking with Pards... I like everyone else was like... oh no, maybe there will be a Cho II in the oven, lol.

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #560 on: April 12, 2013, 01:15:57 AM »
Richard Yap: Too old for 'temptations'

ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 04/11/2013 10:49 PM | Updated as of 04/12/2013 12:16 AM

Actor Richard Yap

MANILA -- Richard Yap, whose role in a hit ABS-CBN series as a widowed businessman has catapulted him to leading man status, is not one to be "tempted" by the pleasures he can now afford as a showbiz favorite.

As "Sir Chief" in the top-rating daytime series "Be Careful With My Heart," the 45-year-old actor is said to have gained popularity across age groups.

On top of his growing number of product endorsements, Yap is also one of the most in-demand personalities for event guestings, alongside TV idols Piolo Pascual and Coco Martin.

But Yap, who is married and with two children, is careful not to take advantage of his growing popularity.

"I think at my age I know better. I know that you have to keep yourself away from these things and something that’s not right, you stay away from it agad.

"And my wife is always with me so that helps me also to stay grounded, good, so you know. You also have to think of your family," he was quoted as saying by entertainment news site Push.

At his age, Yap said, going on "gimmicks" is the farthest thing from his mind.

“Hindi ko na kasi naiisip yung ganun because I am here for work. Siguro if I was younger siguro maisip ko pa 'yun pero ngayon hindi ko na naiisip na magba-bar. Tapos na kami diyan," he said.

Yap is currently busy shooting scenes for "Be Careful With My Heart," which has reportedly been extended anew, as well as a world tour promoting the series alongside fellow cast members, including leading lady Jodi Sta. Maria.

Referring to his "screaming" fans, the actor said, “Nakakatuwa e siyempre you make people happy so for me kung 'yun lang ang magpapasaya sa mga tao, okay na para sa akin 'yun."

He added: "Kasi we are here in this world for a reason and if you can make other people happy that’s already a very satisfying job."

Despite his fame and the massive success of "Be Careful With My Heart," Yap is not resting on his laurels.

"I guess it is something that you shouldn’t be resting on. If you do something which is very successful, you try to improve yourself and try to do better so success is relative," he said.

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #561 on: April 12, 2013, 07:11:02 PM »
Who doesn't enjoy these 'secret' dates of Ser Chief and Maya. The only ones that really know are Kute and I think Manang Fe has an inkling about it.

Kute brought it but I was thinking this for the longest. How will the kids react if they discover these 2 dating? Will they be happy? Will they think Maya is trying to replace their mother? This is a tough call. Not sure how any of these 3 kids would react. Abby might be okay with it but the older kids, that's a nail biter right there.

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #562 on: April 13, 2013, 01:29:11 AM »

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #563 on: April 13, 2013, 01:31:02 AM »

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #564 on: April 13, 2013, 09:10:00 AM »
Janela pangarap maging bida sa MMK

Anak si Janela Salvador  ng mga sikat na singers na sina Jenine Desiderio at Juan Miguel Salvador. Mas kilala si Janela bilang si Nikki sa Be Careful With My Heart. Malaki raw ang naitulong sa dalaga ng kanyang role sa nasabing serye dahil mas nakilala siya ng mga tao dahil dito. Malaki ang pasasalamat ng dalaga dahil nabigyan siya ng pagkakataong makasama sina Richard Yap at Jodi Sta. Maria sa isang proyekto. Masaya raw na makatrabaho ang dalawang bida sa kanilang programa. “He’s very funny, he likes to make faces like kunwari pag nandidiri siya, ganun. Tapos si Tita Jods, she’s very talkative and she’s funny din,” paglalarawan ni Janella.

Masuwerte raw ang young star dahil napabilang siya sa pinakabagong batch ng Star Magic artists na inilunsad kamakailan. “I felt so happy like I was just eating at that time and then I found out, wow. And then many people dream to be launched in Star Magic and I’m so thankful na kasama ako,” kuwento ng dalaga.

Bukod sa pag-arte ay kaya rin daw ni Janela na tumugtog ng piano at gitara.

Samantala, pangarap raw ni Janela na makapagbida sa isang episode ng Maalaala Mo Kaya.

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #565 on: April 17, 2013, 02:26:48 AM »
Why so quiet in these parts?

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #566 on: April 17, 2013, 06:51:51 AM »
RICHARD, DANIEL: HOW LONG WILL THEIR POPULARITY LAST?

FOR the most part, when someone achieves success they tend to harness it and enjoy every bit of the time they have as celebrities. Though some are able to keep their success for a longer time, others fail to do so.

Richard Yap aka Ser (or Sir) Chief of the top rating teleserye, “Be Careful With My Heart” and young actor (and platinum artist) Daniel Padilla both have fans who really go gaga over them.

And the good news is, the two have kept their feet on the ground. Family man Richard Yap is honest in sharing that even though his fame changed his life, it doesn’t seem to change everything especially with respect to his relationship with his wife and kids. Although he has to quit his day job, the people close to him are the same ones before he became public. In fact, he even brings his wife to his tapings even though people are raving about his on cam role with actress Jodi Sta. Maria.

With Daniel, we know that he came from celebrity parents, which helped him with the fast transition of being a young celebrity. Daniel also made adjust easily to his new surroundings and dealings in showbiz. The best thing about him is with his earnings, he is very supportive of his family.

But until when will they get this great deal of attention from the viewing public knowing how ungrateful and irrational show business is? Just asking…

1010gabriela

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 17, 2013, 02:19:37 PM »
So, the words are uttered and we come to a pivotal moment in the serye!  Very sweet episode and definitely kilig-full.

However, this is the scene where we see Richard Yap's relative newness to acting.  He does really well in scenes with longer, heartfelt dialogue that gives him time to emote and in scenes where he plays dominant and masterful. But in the scene where he utters the words ," I love you" , he needd to express in those few seconds the emotionality, the vulnerability, the almost-carried-away burst of that scene. Here, he is not so effective.  Watching his facial kinesics slowed, he appears almost whimsical rather than emotional;embarassed rather than vulnerable; timed rather than spontaneous or carried away.

But of course, he has the potential to develop with practice and exposure to a variety of other roles.

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #568 on: April 17, 2013, 05:09:19 PM »
I have yet to see the scene but I will chime in once I do.

Truthfully when Richard Yap was Papa Chen on My Binondo Girl, I wrote him off instantly as a mediocre new actor. Some are born with God given talents, other are like fine wine... better with age. He's fine wine to me :)

TFC Godfather

• Global Moderator
  • Kapamilya Legend
    • View Profile
    • TFC Godfather Facebook
« Reply #569 on: April 17, 2013, 07:41:32 PM »
I loved today's episode... the getting ready for the graduation, getting there... Abby's pause before entering the ceremony... getting seated... Abby's freezing up when she does her speech then SuperMaya come saving the day with her mouthing and motioning 'Kapit Bisig'... the post graduation... Manang Fey's tears as she sees the banner for Abby... then the 'I love you' exchange to Maya as he embraces Baby Abby. WOW! :)

Real quick... the girl that Pardz was talking to at the Chibugan on Tuesday... was that Starstruck's Jana Roxas? It kinda looked like her.